IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

PALMSCRAPERTRANSPORTATION DEVICE

BS Man about Palms

Some of you may remember the thread this was in, but I'm ready to give it up. I almost took it apart, but its more useful as is..

You can now get your giant palm purchase home and not worry about snapping its "neck". It worked great getting it home. The palm dried and died later, but that was a different story. :angry:

post-27-12702599726266_thumb.jpg

Will not be shipped. For Pick-up only.

FREE

• Upvote 5

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

Do you have the phyto certificate?

Len

Vista, CA (Zone 10a)

Shadowridge Area

"Show me your garden and I shall tell you what you are."

-- Alfred Austin

Does it harbour the same sort of disease that killed your palm? :drool::lol:

• Upvote 2

"If you need me, I'll be outside" -Randy Wiesner Palm Beach County, Florida Zone 10Bish

The only answer you get is: twas not a disease that killed the last rider. :blink:

Muck soil over a light main mix tricked into thinking ALL the soil was that way. It dried out.

• Upvote 1

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

post-1261-1208739184.gif If you give away this device you have painstakingly engineered, how will you be able to transplant you monster weeds?

rofl7gpcm6.gif

• Upvote 1

Coral Gables, FL 8 miles North of Fairchild USDA Zone 10B

The only answer you get is: twas not a disease that killed the last rider. :blink:

Muck soil over a light main mix tricked into thinking ALL the soil was that way. It dried out.

Nevermind the fact that it was an Orania that came out of a hot and humid greenhouse into a cool coastal climate. Nevermind that!!!!!!! I said there's nothing to see here people. Go home and be with your families!

I'm glad to see you're getting rid of that monstrosity. Next time you have to transport a large palm, I've got 3 words for you: Horizontal.

• Upvote 1

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Spring Valley, CA (8.5 miles inland from San Diego Bay)

10B on the hill (635 ft. elevation)

9B in the canyon (520 ft. elevation)

i thought it was because you were driving 25 mph on the freeway all the way home & the palm got bored to death. :huh:

• Upvote 2

the "prince of snarkness."

still "warning-free."

san diego,california,left coast.

i thought it was because you were driving 25 mph on the freeway all the way home & the palm got bored to death. :huh:

Man, you guys are cruel. But I'm still laughing when I think of that contraption and that over streched palm that was grown in somebodies closet. :floor:

• Like 1

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

Well we know it wasn't your closet Jeff. There's no room for it since you're in there. :mrlooney:

• Upvote 2

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Well we know it wasn't your closet Jeff. There's no room for it since you're in there. mrlooney.gif

confused0065.gif

Well we know it wasn't your closet Jeff. There's no room for it since you're in there. :mrlooney:

Come on Matt, that really hurt! Not...

Do you really want to open that "can of worms" from your past? :lol:

• Like 1

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

Well we know it wasn't your closet Jeff. There's no room for it since you're in there. mrlooney.gif

Come on Matt, that really hurt! Not...

Do you really want to open that "can of worms" from your past? laugh.gif

post-1261-1208739184.gif

post-1729-12708142737179_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Come one - keep it nice folks...

Hollywood Hills West, Los Angeles, CA USA

Southwest facing canyon | Altitude 600 - 775 feet | Decomposing granite
USDA Zone 10b | AHS 6 | Sunset Zone 23 | Köppen Csb | No frost or freezes
Average Low 49 F°/9.4 C° | Average High 79 F°/28.8 C° | Average Rainfall 20"/50.8 cm

Len wished he had this yesterday... :)

• Upvote 1

Len wished he had this yesterday... smilie.gif

Len, is what Bill is saying true ? huh.gif Or could it be that he is trying to justify not getting rid of the now infamous "palmscrapertransportation device" eons ago ? unsure.gif

post-1729-12716301358985_thumb.jpg

No. I did not need it. Moose :)

Len

Vista, CA (Zone 10a)

Shadowridge Area

-- Alfred Austin

No. I did not need it. Moose smilie.gif

rofl7gpcm6.gif Just as I suspected. innocent.gif

It looks like a device they would have used on William in Braveheart. dis.gif

post-1729-12716701343742_thumb.jpg

I can confirm something was tortured on that device. I witnessed it. Subject is now dead.

• Upvote 1

Len

Vista, CA (Zone 10a)

Shadowridge Area

-- Alfred Austin

I've seen in person both the devise, and the palm that was grown in the closet that was tortured on the devise. At first I thought both were photo-shopped, but in later seeing them in person they are confirmed real entities. I believe the devise is a bargain for free because it has duo purposes; it can transport future closet grown palms, or you can attach a sail, turn it on its side and use it as a flotation devise. Both purposes can be used with similar great success.

Gary

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Rock Ridge Ranch

South Escondido

5 miles ENE Rancho Bernardo

33.06N 117W, Elevation 971 Feet

2 words. Skill Saw.

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

2 words. Skill Saw.

How about "Match"

Rock Ridge Ranch

South Escondido

2 words. Skill Saw.

How about "Match"

"Burning Man display"? :blink:

• Like 1

I can confirm something was tortured on that device.sick.gif I witnessed it. Subject is now dead. badday.gif

rofl7gpcm6.gif Len, did the palm ever confess? post-1261-1208739184.gif

post-1729-12717576947907_thumb.jpg

I hate that damn moose picture.

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

I don't get the whole moose theme, but that photo is hillarious.

Rock Ridge Ranch

South Escondido

Matt - Is this one any better? unsure.gif

post-1729-12717924058646_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Too late. Your opportunity has passed. I have "re-imagined" it for another use. Youse will all regret it.:huh:

• Upvote 1

What did you do Bill? Make a clothes hanger out of it? Make a directional sign for navigating the weed forest?

• Upvote 1

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

What did you do Bill? Make a clothes hanger out of it? Make a directional sign for navigating the weed forest?

Nahhhh, he's using it for his Dragon fruit.

Matt in Temecula, CA

Hot and dry in the summer, cold with light frost in the winter. Halfway between the desert and ocean

Or,

post-1261-12742222909685_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Matt in Temecula, CA

Hot and dry in the summer, cold with light frost in the winter. Halfway between the desert and ocean

:floor:
  • Like 1

Think PORTABLEPALMSHADEHOLDER DEVICE

• Like 1

Wait.

Do I have boobs? :blink:

• Upvote 1

Wait.

Ahh, yea...that's why they call them "man boobs". :floor:

• Like 1

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

Wait.

Ahh, yea...that's why they call them "man boobs". :floor:

:lol:

Matt in Temecula, CA

Simple in its Execution.

yet,

Complex in its Effectiveness.

post-27-12747448483121_thumb.jpg

and ugliness.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Wheres da Moose?

• Like 1

Bill's house does sorta look like a castle from that angle. There's a moat.

• Like 1

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"