Private message

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Urban Rainforest

Urban Rainforest

• IPS MEMBER
  • 3,030 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 05:23 PM

I'm having technical difficulties send private messages. I know it's probably operator error :mrlooney: . Anyhows when I click send message the screen goes gray and freezes :( . Therefore I can't contact my homies :o . Help a brutha out :hmm:

Thanks,
Stevo
Urban Rainforest Palms,Cycads and Exotics. Were in San Diego Ca. about 5 miles from the beach on Tecolote canyon. It seems to be an ideal growing climate with moderate temps. and very little frost. Vacation Rental in Leilani Estates, big island Hi PM me if interested in staying there.

PalmTalk Advertising

#2 freakypalmguy

freakypalmguy

Super Freaky

• FORUM MEMBER
  • 4,007 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 05:31 PM

Your message to this homey went through. I responded, did you get it?
Matt in Temecula, CA
Hot and dry in the summer, cold with light frost in the winter. Halfway between the desert and the ocean.
Posted Image

#3 bgl

bgl

Creating my new Palm Paradise

• IPS MEMBER
  • 9,865 posts
  • Location:Leilani Estates, 25 miles S of Hilo, Island of Hawai'i

Posted 13 March 2010 - 05:36 PM

Steve,

How did you send or post this one? I'm really curious why it's showing up under Recently added Topics.

Bo-Göran
Leilani Estates, 25 mls/40 km south of Hilo, Big Island of Hawai'i. Elevation 880 ft/270 m. Average rainfall 140 inches/3550 mm

http://lundkvistpalmgardencentral.com

#4 Urban Rainforest

Urban Rainforest

• IPS MEMBER
  • 3,030 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 05:38 PM

Your message to this homey went through. I responded, did you get it?

Matt, I can respond if someone messages me first but I cannot initiate a new message.

Stevo
Urban Rainforest Palms,Cycads and Exotics. Were in San Diego Ca. about 5 miles from the beach on Tecolote canyon. It seems to be an ideal growing climate with moderate temps. and very little frost. Vacation Rental in Leilani Estates, big island Hi PM me if interested in staying there.

#5 Urban Rainforest

Urban Rainforest

• IPS MEMBER
  • 3,030 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 05:40 PM

Steve,

How did you send or post this one? I'm really curious why it's showing up under Recently added Topics.

Bo-Göran

Bo, I can post a new topic just fine but I cannot initiate a new private message. Not sure whats wrong,

Thanks,
Stevo

#6 freakypalmguy

freakypalmguy

Super Freaky

• FORUM MEMBER
  • 4,007 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 05:41 PM

Maybe a re-boot of your computer is needed.
Matt in Temecula, CA
Hot and dry in the summer, cold with light frost in the winter. Halfway between the desert and the ocean.
Posted Image

#7 PALM MOD

PALM MOD

• Administrator
  • 2,683 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 06:13 PM

Steve,

You will need to give us more info as to what steps you are taking, and from what screens using.

Have you checked to see that your boxes aren't full?
Thanks to those of you who help make this a fun and friendly forum.

#8 Urban Rainforest

Urban Rainforest

• IPS MEMBER
  • 3,030 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 07:16 PM

Steve,

You will need to give us more info as to what steps you are taking, and from what screens using.

Have you checked to see that your boxes aren't full?

Hi Dean, Basically I click on somebodys profile. I then click where it says send message. At this point the screen almost loses it backlighting and freezes.

Thanks,
Stevo

#9 PALM MOD

PALM MOD

• Administrator
  • 2,683 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 08:13 PM

Steve,

You didn't mention if you checked for full boxes.

But I can guess at it. When you do what I think you are trying to explain, the screen does go dim, and a pop up box is supposed to appear. It may be possible your browser settings, and or security settings are not permitting pop ups. Check those settings, or try going to your message center and sending a new PM from there. Or try another skin and see if that makes a difference.

#10 Urban Rainforest

Urban Rainforest

• IPS MEMBER
  • 3,030 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 10:22 PM

Dean, Thanks for the help! I was able to send a PM from my messenger. Still not able to send from someone elses profile but not a big deal. BTW, my boxes are only 50% full.

Thanks again,
Stevo

#11 Kris

Kris

Pana Rasiga

• FORUM MEMBER
  • 12,483 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 07:32 AM

Dean, Thanks for the help! I was able to send a PM from my messenger. Still not able to send from someone elses profile but not a big deal. BTW, my boxes are only 50% full.

Thanks again,
Stevo

Dear Stevo :)

The reason could be that your borrowser does not have a flash player,check that out or else your system has a pop-up buster program running in the background..

love,
kris :)

love conquers all..

Posted Image

#12 Kathryn

Kathryn

• IPS DIRECTOR
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 03:25 PM

Steve - The same thing happens to me from my work computer. Page down and look for the message box to type.

#13 Zeeth

Zeeth

• IPS MEMBER
  • 2,628 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 04:53 AM

I think Kris may be on to something about the flash

Keith Zimmerman

Sarasota, Florida (10a), moving soon to Palmetto, Florida (9b).

#14 PALM MOD

PALM MOD

• Administrator
  • 2,683 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:17 PM

Nope,

No Flash involved. But I believe the pop up does involve Java Script which could be turned off.

I think Kathryn has the best bet. I'm guessing Steve has an older monitor, and that he needs to scroll down to see the reply window. And since the screen dims, he thinks it's locking up. As he said - "Operator Error" :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users