Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Private message

14 posts in this topic

I'm having technical difficulties send private messages. I know it's probably operator error :mrlooney: . Anyhows when I click send message the screen goes gray and freezes :( . Therefore I can't contact my homies :o . Help a brutha out :hmm:

Thanks,

Stevo

Your message to this homey went through. I responded, did you get it?

Steve,

How did you send or post this one? I'm really curious why it's showing up under Recently added Topics.

Bo-Göran

Your message to this homey went through. I responded, did you get it?

Matt, I can respond if someone messages me first but I cannot initiate a new message.

Stevo

Steve,

How did you send or post this one? I'm really curious why it's showing up under Recently added Topics.

Bo-Göran

Bo, I can post a new topic just fine but I cannot initiate a new private message. Not sure whats wrong,

Thanks,

Stevo

Maybe a re-boot of your computer is needed.

Steve,

You will need to give us more info as to what steps you are taking, and from what screens using.

Have you checked to see that your boxes aren't full?

Steve,

You will need to give us more info as to what steps you are taking, and from what screens using.

Have you checked to see that your boxes aren't full?

Hi Dean, Basically I click on somebodys profile. I then click where it says send message. At this point the screen almost loses it backlighting and freezes.

Thanks,

Stevo

Steve,

You didn't mention if you checked for full boxes.

But I can guess at it. When you do what I think you are trying to explain, the screen does go dim, and a pop up box is supposed to appear. It may be possible your browser settings, and or security settings are not permitting pop ups. Check those settings, or try going to your message center and sending a new PM from there. Or try another skin and see if that makes a difference.

Dean, Thanks for the help! I was able to send a PM from my messenger. Still not able to send from someone elses profile but not a big deal. BTW, my boxes are only 50% full.

Thanks again,

Stevo

Dean, Thanks for the help! I was able to send a PM from my messenger. Still not able to send from someone elses profile but not a big deal. BTW, my boxes are only 50% full.

Thanks again,

Stevo

Dear Stevo :)

The reason could be that your borrowser does not have a flash player,check that out or else your system has a pop-up buster program running in the background..

love,

kris :)

Steve - The same thing happens to me from my work computer. Page down and look for the message box to type.

I think Kris may be on to something about the flash

Nope,

No Flash involved. But I believe the pop up does involve Java Script which could be turned off.

I think Kathryn has the best bet. I'm guessing Steve has an older monitor, and that he needs to scroll down to see the reply window. And since the screen dims, he thinks it's locking up. As he said - "Operator Error" :)