• Announcements

• IPS BIENNIAL - SARAWAK / SINGAPORE JUNE 12-19   01/23/2016

STILL TIME TO REGISTER!!
      Don't miss this opportunity to hike through natural forest areas of Borneo to see palms in habitat led by expert guides. Experience the culture and cuisine of this exotic Southeast Asian country with fellow IPS travelers.
      In Singapore you'll experience the world's largest covered garden, Gardens by the Bay, and tour the venerable Singapore Botanic Garden. 
      You must be an IPS member to register, so sign up today. For more information click HERE (For more info of past biennials and member experiences see the BIENNIAL FORUM on Palmtalk.)   One of the exotic palms of Borneo
    • NEW FORUM - PALMS IN POTS   01/23/2016

CHECK IT OUT BELOW I think it is self explanatory - it's right below the COLD HARDY PALMS FORUM.

'King Kong' Radicalis seeds

9 posts in this topic

I just harvested and cleaned seeds of this unusually stout, trunking type Chamaedorea radicalis. I've

never seen another one quite like this.

I'd like to trade for other interesting seeds I can grow in my cool climate here on the Central Coast of

California. Send PM if interested. Perry

post-1839-12673148737731_thumb.jpgpost-1839-12673149101485_thumb.jpg

I just harvested and cleaned seeds of this unusually stout, trunking type Chamaedorea radicalis. I've

I'd like to trade for other interesting seeds I can grow in my cool climate here on the Central Coast of

I have some Caryota Ochlandra seeds I just got from RarePalmSeeds.com

I have some Caryota Ochlandra seeds I just got from RarePalmSeeds.com

I sent you a PM. Perry

Perry, who's the daddy?

Perry, who's the daddy?

Big Daddy Matty;

Here's the story- I have a group of six planted in my front yard and a female had a heavy seed set polinated by a six foot trunking male. So, I got over 200 seedlings from that batch, and one of them grew much quicker and was far more robust than all it's 200+ siblings. That's the daddy and it's kept right next to the plant in the photo with no other radicalis in close proximity. I don't know if it's going to trunk yet. Perry

Perry, thats a nice palm!! :drool:

ok so the seed above is: (c. rad x c. rad trunk) x c. rad trunk

laymens terms: the seed above comes from c. rad regular x c. rad trunk pollinated by male pollen from c. rad trunk

got a pic of the big dadydy 6 footer? :D

Luke

Perry, thats a nice palm!! :drool:

ok so the seed above is: (c. rad x c. rad trunk) x c. rad trunk

laymens terms: the seed above comes from c. rad regular x c. rad trunk pollinated by male pollen from c. rad trunk

got a pic of the big dadydy 6 footer? :D

Luke

Luke, I'm not sure that the original female won't eventually trunk. you can see in the second photo (lower left) that it's busy again. Perry

post-1839-12676344905031_thumb.jpgpost-1839-12676345237132_thumb.jpg

Seeds still avail?

Have some Chamerops h. 'Cerifera' to trade if you like

Seeds still avail?

Have some Chamerops h. 'Cerifera' to trade if you like

I have other ripe C.radicalis seeds if you'd like them, but not 'King Kong'. Perry