IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

PalmTalk Names?

Kim

Hello everyone,

One of my contributions to the IPS Biennial in Rio de Janiero, Brazil will be printing up your name tags. So I have a question for you PalmTalk attendees: in addition to your name, would you also like your PalmTalk name on your name tag? For some of us, this is not an issue; my name is Kim, and my PalmTalk name is Kim -- no confusion there. But if your name is Arnold and we know you here as The Palminator it might be helpful so your online friends can identify you.

If you have a preference one way or the other, please send me a message!

Thanks, and see you in Rio!

Cheers,

Kim

• Upvote 1

Kim Cyr

Between the beach and the bays, Point Loma, San Diego, California USA
and on a 300 year-old lava flow, Pahoa, Hawaii, 1/4 mile from the 2018 flow
All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Kim,

That's a great idea! For some reason I don't believe I need "bgl" on my nametag! :mrlooney: But if you want to add it, I have no objections!

It's become a tradition at the Biennial welcome dinner for the IPS President to ask the participants from different countries to stand up, one country at a time, and each U.S. state as well. In Costa Rica I decided to add one unique group to this tradition: PalmTalk Forum members, and I intend to continue with that tradition in Rio, so be prepared! :)

Bo-Göran

Leilani Estates, 25 mls/40 km south of Hilo, Big Island of Hawai'i. Elevation 880 ft/270 m. Average rainfall 140 inches/3550 mm

Yay, PalmTalk Nation!!

Kim Cyr

All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

I could send along a small cardboard cutout of me....

• Upvote 1

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

Bill I guess you are not attending, "thats a shame"

Bruce

Innisfail - NQ AUS - 3600mm of rain a year average or around 144inches if you prefer - Temp Range 9c to 43c

Great idea, Bill! We could stand "you" up in the lobby and after touring each day everyone could decorate the cutout with momentos from the day -- you know, palm leaves, hat, seeds, t-shirt, beads, shells, speedo... I can't guarantee it would make it back to you in the same condition it left -- might be some autographs and lipstick smears on it... :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

Kim Cyr

That would really make Bill rethink his entire strategy of missing out on this great event! :lol:

Leilani Estates, 25 mls/40 km south of Hilo, Big Island of Hawai'i. Elevation 880 ft/270 m. Average rainfall 140 inches/3550 mm

I have some great spa photos of Bill we could use for the cut out. :)

animated-volcano-image-0010.gif.71ccc48bfc1ec622a0adca187eabaaa4.gif

Kona, on The Big Island
Hawaii - Land of Volcanoes

dean...the visual that comes screaming into my brain having read this post is NOT pleasant :(

Hmmmm.:hmm:

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

Great idea, Bill! We could stand "you" up in the lobby and after touring each day everyone could decorate the cutout with momentos from the day -- you know, palm leaves, hat, seeds, t-shirt, beads, shells, speedo... I can't guarantee it would make it back to you in the same condition it left -- might be some autographs and lipstick smears on it... :rolleyes:

Bo's right, I may have to rethink this...:blink:

Bo's right, I may have to rethink this...:blink:

It really sounds great, BS...

Hey Bo, is there still a room for 4 people available at the Windsor Hotel? I'm sure Bill won't dare to leave the triplet ranch hands in California this time... :D:D

• Upvote 1

Sirinhaém beach, 80 Km south of Recife - Brazil

Tropical oceanic climate, latitude 8° S

Temperature extremes: 25 to 31°C

2000 mm average rainfall, dry summers

I think we might be able to "squeeze them in"! :lol: But, on a serious note - today is February 6th. Registration will close four days from now. February 10th is the last day to register. After that, no more registrations will be accepted. It's now or never!

If you snooze you lose. Registration appears to be closed! unsure.gif

PM Bo, I think they have until Monday to get the list in??:blink:

Well, not quite. We need to get the final list to the hotel by Monday morning, Rio time. For all practical purposes, that means final deadline Sunday. So, if anyone is still seriously interested they would need to get in touch with Jim Cain right away. Tomorrow, Sunday, would be the VERY last opportunity.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, not quite. We need to get the final list to the hotel by Monday morning, Rio time. For all practical purposes, that means final deadline Sunday. So, if anyone is still seriously interested they would need to get in touch with Jim Cain right away. Tomorrow, Sunday, would be the VERY last opportunity.

Hi Kim

I think you have a great idea with the name tags. & I will be happy to help you in any way I can. Carletta & I will be arriving early on the 16th & after the conference we will be going on the post tour & then on to Iguazu returning back to the USA 5/2/10

Kind regards

Grant

Grant L Stephenson
PO.Box 569

Spicewood, Texas 78669
Phone 713-665-Palm (7256)
Toll Free (800) 460-Palm (7256)
Email: gls@hciglobal.com
Web Site: www.hciglobal.com
Llat: 30.564662',Llong: 098.321335'

Member of The International Palm Society

WWW.Palms.org