• WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

NEW FORUM - TIPS & TRICKS

PALM MOD

-Did you know PalmTalk now supports the uploading of multiple photos? You can choose 4 at a time to upload. (I may change that to 5) When posting a photo look for

"Help with attaching files"

Try our advanced uploader which supports multiple file uploading (modern browser required)"

Then proceed and look for "Enable Flash Uploader." Check it and you will then be able to choose multiple files to be uploaded all at once.

-Did you know there appears to be an option for a "skin" that makes using the Forum from mobile devices easier and faster. A PalmTalk Lite, so to speak. Has anyone tried PT from an mobile device yet? I'm not sure if it is activated.

-Did you know multiple members can now join in your PMs, since they now take the form of a regular thread?

-Did you know clicking on the PT logo takes you to the Main Page?

-Did you know you can get rid of the "new" column on the right (on the Main Page) by clicking on the tiny "x" at the top of the column? If you want it back, look for the very tiny little "gizmo" in approximately the same place.

If you find any more tips & tricks, let us know. I'll do the same.

• Upvote 8

Thanks to those of you who help make this a fun and friendly forum.

I have been using my iphone to look at palmtalk after the change over. It loads much faster, and is easier to navigate.

A big thumbs up for the change and all your hard work. :greenthumb:

Vero Beach, FL

Thanks Dean

Whats the reputation button do? the green plus sign : "+"

does it give you points? I added a positive to your first post in this thread.

Luke

Tallahassee, FL - USDA zone 8b/9a

63" rain annually

January avg 65/40 - July avg 92/73

North Florida Palm Society - http://palmsociety.blogspot.com/

I just tried it on my android phone and it worked great, not sure about the other skin but it did appear to be more compact.

Matt

• Upvote 1

Matt in Temecula, CA

Hot and dry in the summer, cold with light frost in the winter. Halfway between the desert and ocean

Thanks Dean

Whats the reputation button do? the green plus sign : "+"

does it give you points? I added a positive to your first post in this thread.

There is a very helpful "HELP" button in the upper right.

When I went there, this is what I found.

"Reputation:

If enabled, you will see reputation options in the corner below each post. You may see an icon representing the reputation other members have given for that post, along with icons to give reputation. To give the post a positive reputation, click the icon or to give the post a negative reputation, click the icon.

You may only be able to give positive or negative reputation, and for some users you may not be able to give reputation at all."

I am still debating on whether to keep it active. But there are a few other items of more importance at the moment.

• Upvote 2

Thanks guys for what seems like a favorable report on the mobile skin.

Today i did visit my E.mail account and to my surprise i found the reply to my PM is seen with complete text from the sender.

i.e i need not visit palmtalk.org to see the contents of that PM.all the contents are fully highlighted inside that e.mail.

This feature i wanted very badly,since when i travel i never log in to palmtalk.just to avoide keying in my user ID and password of IPS.org in public computers in other states..

Thanks for this new feature and i simply love it ! :)

Lots of love to our Mod & the present software upgrading team..:greenthumb:

Kris.

love conquers all..

43278.gif

-Did you know PalmTalk now supports the uploading of multiple photos? You can choose 4 at a time to upload. (I may change that to 5) When posting a photo look for

"Help with attaching files"

Try our advanced uploader which supports multiple file uploading (modern browser required)"

good things.

and good things too for the different colors of the quoted messages

jean-bernard

Jean-bernard

crazy sower

city : Nantes, France,

• 11 months later...

The mobile version of the site is excellent (was excellent even before any recent changes). OF particular benefit is the way it 'remembers' which was the last post I've seen and if I later select a topic, it brings up the point exactly where I left off, irrespective of how many posts were added in between. Very Helpful indeed - and a further cause for my addiction to palmtalk.

• Upvote 1

Kumar

Bombay, India

Sea Level | Average Temperature Range 23 - 32 deg. celsius | Annual rainfall 3400.0 mm

Calcutta, India

Sea Level | Average Temperature Range 19 - 33 deg. celsius | Annual rainfall 1600.0 mm

The mobile version of the site is excellent (was excellent even before any recent changes). OF particular benefit is the way it 'remembers' which was the last post I've seen and if I later select a topic, it brings up the point exactly where I left off, irrespective of how many posts were added in between. Very Helpful indeed - and a further cause for my addiction to palmtalk.

Thanks, The feedback is always useful.