Rare Palm Seeds - RPS

Rate this Seller   95 votes

1. 1. How would you rate this seller?

• POSITIVE - Would recommend to others
    • NEGATIVE - Would not recommend

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

124 posts in this topic

I have dealt with RPS on and off since 2000 and results have been vairyed.

I believe that the main problem is slow or no communication.

Several times I have offered seeds for sale to RPS and they take weeks to respond and to finally pay so seeds can be airmailed.

Then the purchaser/receiver goes through the same time delays.

So there is little hope of receiving truly fresh seeds.

Jim

It almost sounds it would be better to get in touch with the seed collectors - like you - directly (provided you know who they are). Which species have you sold to them so far?.

Hi Hamal,

So keep an eye out in the forum PALM EXCHANGE.

Update on my experience with RPS.

I knew I was taking a chance with the 2 Araucaria species I ordered since they weren't listed as "new" on the website. In the end, only 1 of the 10+ Araucaria cunninghamii sprouted and none of the Araucaria angustifolia sprouted.

None of the Radermachera sinica have sprouted (out of 30+) yet. I thought these would germinate easier, especially since they were listed as new on the website.

Still waiting on the Phoenix loureiroi var. humilis. I recently dug up one seed to check, and it had rotted. Checked another one and it was okay. Will wait and see. 

As for the Eucalyptus (2 species total: viminalis and dalrympleana), 4 viminalis and 3 dalrympleana sprouted. Total might have been even higher if it weren't for a squirrel digging in the community pots the seeds were in)

I'm somewhat disappointed overall- will be a little happier if the Phoenix loureiroi end up sprouting. Again, I know I took a chance getting some seeds that weren't listed as "new" on the website, and some of my growing techniques may have been a factor as well.