Rare Palm Seeds - RPS

Rate this Seller   102 votes

1. 1. How would you rate this seller?

• POSITIVE - Would recommend to others
    • NEGATIVE - Would not recommend

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

136 posts in this topic

I have dealt with RPS on and off since 2000 and results have been vairyed.

I believe that the main problem is slow or no communication.

Several times I have offered seeds for sale to RPS and they take weeks to respond and to finally pay so seeds can be airmailed.

Then the purchaser/receiver goes through the same time delays.

So there is little hope of receiving truly fresh seeds.

Jim

It almost sounds it would be better to get in touch with the seed collectors - like you - directly (provided you know who they are). Which species have you sold to them so far?.

Hi Hamal,

So keep an eye out in the forum PALM EXCHANGE.

Update on my experience with RPS.

I knew I was taking a chance with the 2 Araucaria species I ordered since they weren't listed as "new" on the website. In the end, only 1 of the 10+ Araucaria cunninghamii sprouted and none of the Araucaria angustifolia sprouted.

None of the Radermachera sinica have sprouted (out of 30+) yet. I thought these would germinate easier, especially since they were listed as new on the website.

Still waiting on the Phoenix loureiroi var. humilis. I recently dug up one seed to check, and it had rotted. Checked another one and it was okay. Will wait and see. 

As for the Eucalyptus (2 species total: viminalis and dalrympleana), 4 viminalis and 3 dalrympleana sprouted. Total might have been even higher if it weren't for a squirrel digging in the community pots the seeds were in)

I'm somewhat disappointed overall- will be a little happier if the Phoenix loureiroi end up sprouting. Again, I know I took a chance getting some seeds that weren't listed as "new" on the website, and some of my growing techniques may have been a factor as well.

Just got an order from RPS. The seeds were already germinating in the baggies (which meant a few of them had damaged roots). Overall this ordering experience was positive

I ordered Caryota ophiopellis on July 6th. Its been 5 weeks waiting and nothing received. So much for fresh seeds. In the meantime I have ordered seeds from Thailand and Austrailia all of which have been delived in excellent condition. Seems that what RPS offers they dont have in their warehouse ready to send and if they did then it says alot about running poor logistics. What drive me crazy is that we cant even check on the status until 7 weeks have past!!!

RPS quote:

"All goods deliverable from the warehouse are generally dispatched within seven working days.  Once dispatched, delivery within the E. U. takes 3 - 5 working days, and for products delivered to other countries up to 6 weeks. Please do not submit delivery status queries before the expiry of these periods"

One more comment and then Ill stop.

Why cant RPS give us a tracking number like all the other sellers? With a tracking number we could at least see when product is shipped and determine where there is the delay. This would good a long way in improving RPS reputation if the delay is indeed after shipping. 

Placed my first order after having a few drinks and reading out the issues people have had. I was sure to only select seeds that were marked as new. The order shipped a few weeks after I placed it (no notice) and I received it yesterday, a little over a month after I placed it.

The seeds all look to be good sinkers. The sprouted seeds all appear to be alive still and have been potted up. While communication would have been nice, I was pleased with the seeds I got.

I sent 6 emails to RPS and no reply , the post sale is very bad . I await his return . Thanks . Caixeta .

No sign of life.

My experience So far not bad. I known people have success with them. I placed a order and got a confirmation and billed in a couple of days. I received the seeds a month later. I planted the seeds around December 1st this year. I will have to wait and see about germination rate. I will give an update later.

NO SEEDS , NO TRACKING , NO RESPONSES .

4 hours ago, caixeta said:

NO SEEDS , NO TRACKING , NO RESPONSES .

in what date, the money been taken from your credit card?
they usually send out after a couple of days that have been taken  the money

I just want a satisfaction , a return .

Well I'm not surprised!!! 

Rps does this, I have bad experience with them aswell. After nearly 2 months waiting for my purchase I received seeds witch are mostly rotten :rage:

So from my batch of syagrus campylospartha and tostana which before week I decided to check them and changing the germinating technic, so far only 3 of each non rotten nuts!

Thanks God I have ordered only small packs!

NOTHING !!!!!!!!!!