• Announcements

• IPS BIENNIAL - SARAWAK / SINGAPORE JUNE 12-19   01/23/2016

STILL TIME TO REGISTER!!
      Don't miss this opportunity to hike through natural forest areas of Borneo to see palms in habitat led by expert guides. Experience the culture and cuisine of this exotic Southeast Asian country with fellow IPS travelers.
      In Singapore you'll experience the world's largest covered garden, Gardens by the Bay, and tour the venerable Singapore Botanic Garden. 
      You must be an IPS member to register, so sign up today. For more information click HERE (For more info of past biennials and member experiences see the BIENNIAL FORUM on Palmtalk.)   One of the exotic palms of Borneo
    • NEW FORUM - PALMS IN POTS   01/23/2016

CHECK IT OUT BELOW I think it is self explanatory - it's right below the COLD HARDY PALMS FORUM.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

IPS bookstore

11 posts in this topic

As many of you may know, the IPS Bookstore has been in limbo for quite some time. Out of privacy concerns I can't provide too much information here, but the general background, and plan for the future, is as follows:

Inventory is located at private home in north San Diego county. The IPS is currently in the process of reaching an agreement with Dennis Johnson, who specializes in selling palm books, and when this is finalized the books will need to be prepared for shipment to Dennis (out of state). Exactly how and when this will take place is still being discussed.

We are looking for a few enthusiastic volunteers who can help out. And obviously - no need to be an IPS Board member! Since there are no firm dates in place as of yet we are certainly flexible enough to work with anyone who is willing to take a few hours to make this happen.

Either post your interest here (in which case I will contact you privately), or send me a PM.

Thanks! :)

Bo-Göran

Any update on this Bo ? I saw a great book on palms of Brazil at our society meeting the other night that one of our members brought back from the biennial. There's that new book from John Dowe on palms of Australia. Wouldn't it be good to locate them from an IPS bookstore (no overheads).

Missed this the first time. I might be able to help if still needed.

OK, this is what's going on: Liz Stansfeld of Stansfeld & Fairbrother, our management company, was in Rio de Janeiro last month and made a presentation to the IPS Board. She offered to take over the IPS Bookstore, and the Board approved this. Don Martin, President of the PSSC, and an incoming IPS Director, volunteered to get the books shipped from their present location in North San Diego County to Liz in Austin, TX. I'm sure Don would be thrilled to get some assistance, so anyone who can help out, please contact Don as soon as possible. (Bill, Jason and anyone else in the general area). Thanks a lot!

How the progress on the new bookstore? Got some extra $$$ for some new books to read during these cool winter months.

Edited by monkeyranch

The move from the location in SoCal to Texas has still not taken place. Logistical difficulties, which I can't get into here. Anyone who is interested, in whatever way, please contact Don Martin, President of the PSSC, for further details.

Quick update, and hopefully the last one. Don Martin has now been able to collect the books and they will be shipped to Liz Stansfeld in Texas very shortly. Probably this coming week.

Who do I contact to buy a book? I am looking for the book, "Pams for Southern CA a quick reference quide", by the Southern California Palm Society. Please let me know.

Maybe Dave ("DoomsDave") can help you with that. Hopefully he'll see this - and if not, send him a PM. And welcome to PalmTalk! :)

Grant- Thanks. I just ordered this today,

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0