IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Where is the Red Royal?

bubba

I have been looking all over for that incredible Red Royal posted sometime ago by Carlo. Is there any possibility that Carlo has found more or atleast if I could find that incredible Post. Thank you

What you look for is what is looking

Bubba,

Go to the PhotoBucket Website, I'm sure you'll find it and more there. :lol:

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

I miss the Canary Islands!! From my memory, there were quite a few "red royals" scattered throughout Tenerife. It seemed to be the older crownshafts that later turned from green to red. I've never seen any like that in Florida! :(

I'm always up for learning new things!

A few shots I took this summer at the Palmetum de Santa Cruz de Tenerife. Surprisingly enough, just some of them (quite a high percentage) show that beautifull red tone, while other never do.

This two were growing about 5 meters appart from each other.

Enjoy them,

Paco

post-1359-1260736402_thumb.jpg

post-1359-1260736424_thumb.jpg

post-1359-1260736449_thumb.jpg

"Not the straight angle that attracts me, nor straight, hard, inflexible, created by man. What attracts me is the free and sensual curve, the curves that find in the mountains of my country, in the course of its winding rivers, the sea waves, the body of the woman preferred. Curves is done throughout the universe, the universe of Einstein's curved." -Oscar Niemeyer

• 6 years later...

Carlo Morici's Red Royal. Kathryn found it and the thread is highlighted. I thought they had been spray painted but apparently a rather common phenom in the Canaries. Compelling.

What you look for is what is looking

If you go to Palmpedia and look at the Roystonea regia page, there is a whole collage in the photo section of red crown-shafted ones.

I did not know this was such a rarity on Madeira island (Canary Islands cousin) I believe we also have many of those, probably because we share the same type of climate and imported the palms from them? Anyway:

https://goo.gl/maps/Qk9Fa3Q1Vht

Edited by Cluster