IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

FM "DippyD"

www.dadluvsu.com

RATE THIS GROWER  

8 members have voted

1. 1. RATE THIS GROWER

• POSITIVE - I have had a positive experience and would recommend this grower. (Comment Optional)
    • NEGATIVE - I have had a negative experience and would not recommend this grower (Comment Required)

I paid for a foxy lady back in August 2009, and I still have not received it. I even sent Brett more money for my first order because he underestimated the shipping costs. I PM him several times, and he kept saying I should get it in a week, while 3 weeks would pass with no plant. I finally PM him in private asking, what is the deal? With no response. I can see that he has been logging on every day. I guess I'm just happy I'm only out $40...Palmtalk's palm exchange is based on trust between members and it is sad to see people take advantage of that trust.

Mike Ricigliano

New Smyrna beach

Florida, zone 9 Beachside

I also was given a cold shoulder after he sent me some bad seed (premature) and he promised to replace them but after awhile I found he was unwilling to even reply to my messages. This was a year ago.

David

• 2 weeks later...

Two strikes, hmmm, where's the "freek"?

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

Have any of these issues been taken care of?

Looking at his lists he seems to have some nice stuff although some seem smaller in the pictures then advertised on his lists.

A friend of mine told me he saw that he was logged in a few days ago and I was hoping Palmfreek would post some kind of clarification.

Bob

Bob Greiner

He's around

"Last Seen: Today, 04:03 AM"

island Vis, adriatic sea, Croatia. Zone 9b/10a

Temperature low last winter: -0.9°C/30.4 F

Temperature low this winter: -0.3°C/31.5 F

-Creating my own little palm heaven-

Well Clearly i have more of a life than to be on this thing at 4am. Both of these guys have been taken care and this has been settled. I have been gone for the past month for all of you are concerned "if im around". Ive sold plants to several people on here and they have all been more than pleased. Im not a nursery, and not even a private grower who sales plants. Just a simple extra plant here and there. I would like to be taken off the rating sheet!

I don't consider getting plants 4 months after I paid for them being "taken care of". (Which, by the way, I have not gotten the plant yet. He has emailed me that he finally mailed them, which he has told me before, so we'll see.)

If you decide to sell plants on Palmtalk, it is your responsibility to make the commitment to follow through fulfilling orders in a timely manner. I paid for the plant immediately, and he never sent it.

I think this negative review is justified. 90% of the experience is the ordering process, which clearly isn't a priority for this seller. Even if he has now fulfilled my order, it still took way too long. I am simply making other buyers aware of my experience.

I paid him back in AUGUST. It is now DECEMBER. So if you don't mind paying, and then waiting while this guy takes his time getting you what you've paid for, then go ahead and order from him.

• Like 1

Mike Ricigliano

New Smyrna beach

Palmfreek,

04:03 is obiusly my local time, there are more time zones in the WORLD, you know B)

This is international palm forum, not a local one.

Ps. i've seen you online this month, more than once.

island Vis, adriatic sea, Croatia. Zone 9b/10a

Temperature low last winter: -0.9°C/30.4 F

Temperature low this winter: -0.3°C/31.5 F

-Creating my own little palm heaven-

He has offered to send me more seeds and I forgive his lateness. I think he does offer some nice palms and everyone deserves to be forgiven if they amend there ways. "My opinion of course"

Edited by Davidl

David

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just to keep everyone updated, I still have not received my plant yet.

• Like 1

Mike Ricigliano

New Smyrna beach

• 1 year later...

I would rate my shopping experience with Brett like this:

Plants: excellent (I got exactly what description stated).

customer service: everything was crystal clear no surprises and friendly emails. easy going pal.

shipping: I thought it was a little high till I saw the size of the box. lol

Excellent experience overall. Hopes all misunderstandings get solved.

cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

I got ripped off $40

• Like 1

Mike Ricigliano

New Smyrna beach

• 3 weeks later...

Mike,

one would think the seller would be interested in not having this pop up again and again.

And it probably will. Kind of strange since he offers high-end plants for sale and $40 & an apology should be easy for him.

Peter

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

it seems he's not interested in that.

the "prince of snarkness."

still "warning-free."

san diego,california,left coast.

• 12 years later...

I Also got fully ripped off by this guy 👎 hopefully he will just send me my money back instead of telling me he was out of town and has more coming soon. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...