IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Brazil 2009 - a prelude to the 2010 Biennial

Licuala

John DeMott and I have just returned from Brazil where we met up with Jill Menzel and Randall Quirk, who some of you will remember from the Dominican Republic Biennial. We went to Brazil check out the various day to day sites for the 2010 Biennial and take care of some of the details to make sure this will be an enjoyable and smooth trip for all attendees.

To whet your appetite, we thought it would be fun to show you some photos of our trip so you can see what will be awaiting you next April. Over the next several days I will put more and more photos up of the various places we will visit.

I will say right now that I think anyone choosing to go on this biennial will come away with an enjoyable lifetime experience.

Sooooo, without further ado ……………..

The flight from Miami was eight hours and 40 minutes. It is the most unpleasurable part of the entire trip. Upon arriving in Rio, attendees will be met by guides from the tour company after you get through immigration and customs. For those of you (like us Americans) who need a visa to enter Brazil, make sure you follow the requirements for obtaining a visa in the right time frame as outlined by the Brazilian consulate nearest you. For me, I went to Miami. Their website is here: http://brazilmiami.org/eng/visas.php I got a tourist visa as it is the simplest to get. It is good for 5 years. One key thing to remember is that you must get your visa within 90 days of going to Brazil. It will be considered invalid if you get it sooner than that. Cost was $130 but can be more if you get it by mail or a third party.

From the airport, you will be taken to the Windsor Barra Hotel, about a 45 minute drive. You will see a bit of the city and sea port before getting to a more scenic area. My biggest surprise was the site of giant ocean oil rigs being assembled before being towed out to sea.

On this trip, we did not stay at the Windsor only because it was more convenient for our purposes to be more in town. We did thoroughly check out the Windsor however and we all were very impressed by its facilities and amenities. It is considered one of the very best hotels in Rio with a Brazilian 5 star rating. It has the ability to host much larger groups than ours. The day we were there, there were 3 different conventions being held. They are booked for conventions for the next 5 years, so we may be considered lucky to have been able to get our group into such a good hotel.

The day we were there, it was a rainy day, so taking photos was not easy. I ended up borrowing a couple from the internet.

Windsorhote.jpg

Photo borrowed from the internet of the Windsor Barra Hotel. The Hotel is separated from a beautiful beach by a divided highway.

windsorhotel2.jpg

Another photo borrowed from the internet showing the coastline view from the hotel.

WindsorHotelBrasil001.jpg

The main lobby of the hotel during a busy day with 3 conventions going on.

WindsorHotelBrasil003.jpg

the hotel rooms are modern, clean, and have ocean views.

Paul Craft

Loxahatchee, FL

WindsorHotelBrasil004.jpg

Full minibar with everything you need for those late night parties ......... errrrr .........I mean meaningful palm discussions. :mrlooney:

WindsorHotelBrasil002.jpg

John found the bathrooms roomy and comfortable. :lol:

WindsorHotelBrasil007.jpg

The rooftop pool has views of the mountains on one side and the ocean on the other side.

WindsorHotelBrasil005.jpg

Paul Craft

Loxahatchee, FL

IMG_4958.jpg

We had the typical lunch buffet at the hotel and had an excellent meal. The assortment of food was amazing. A full breakfast buffet is included every morning for attendees.

But enough of such things. I know you want to see gardens and plants, so I will get into that next.

Pablo

Paul Craft

Loxahatchee, FL

Paul,

Great photos! Looking forward to the rest!

Bo-Göran

Leilani Estates, 25 mls/40 km south of Hilo, Big Island of Hawai'i. Elevation 880 ft/270 m. Average rainfall 140 inches/3550 mm

Ah, the rooftop pool. I hope that's a jacuzzi at the far end. :)

Show us something palmy, more photos!

Kim Cyr

Between the beach and the bays, Point Loma, San Diego, California USA
and on a 300 year-old lava flow, Pahoa, Hawaii, 1/4 mile from the 2018 flow
All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Jardin Botanico do Rio de Janeiro was founded in 1808 by John VI of Portugal with its purpose being to introduce and acclimate economically important plants from other tropical regions of the world. Depending on who you talk to it has 6000 to 8000 species of plants, including 900 species of palms – both native and exotic. The Garden is located on a 350 acre site within the city. Only 40% of the site is developed with the remainder native Atlantic Forest.

RioBotanicalGarden002.jpg

A sign by the entrance lists sponsors of the Garden. I thought it a bit ironic that the very first sponsor was none other than Stihl - makers of fine chain saws. :huh:

Signofsponsorsriobotgarden003.jpg

The Avenue of Royal Palms spans 800 yards with 134 Roystonea planted. All these palms were grown from a single tree known as the Palma Mater. Many are 100 feet tall or taller. It nis an absolutely beautiful sight and one of the most famous parts of the Garden.

From the middle the view looking one way

Roystoneawalkwayriobotgarden058.jpg

and looking the other way

Roystoneawalkwayriobotgarden060.jpg

Paul Craft

Loxahatchee, FL

Christ the Redeemer statue can be seen from all over the city including here at the Garden. Here is a view of it with Aiphanes horrida in the foreground.

ChristtheRedeemerandAiphanesriobotg.jpg

The Aiphanes were some of the nicest I have seen anywhere in the world. That did not make them any easier to photograph though.

Aiphaneshorridariobotgarden038.jpg

Hmmmmm ............. I wonder why the species name is horrida? :lol:

Aiphaneshorridariobotgarden042.jpg

The Garden was well thought out and the design makes viewing the plants easy. There are many statues and fountains throughout. Here we caught a maintenance worker doing his own redeeming pose while working on a fountain.

StatueRioBotGarden066.jpg

Paul Craft

Loxahatchee, FL

There are beautiful ponds and waterfalls to sit by.

waterfallriobotgarden028.jpg

Pondriobotgarden048.jpg

Because of our own time constraints, we were unable to spend much time at the Garden this trip, but for the Biennial, we are planning on spending an entire day at this Garden. There is just so much to see here and there is no reason why we should try and rush through it all. The plan is to have a catered lunch as well as have two speakers give talks in the auditorium here.

xIMG_5151.jpg

Many of the specimens are extremely old and the biggest I have seen anywhere. Here is an Acrocomia (Gastrococos) crispa.

Acrocomiacrispariobotgarden046.jpg

Paul Craft

Loxahatchee, FL

Here is a Mauritia flexuosa

Mauritiaflexuosariobotgarden052.jpg

Mauritiaflexuosariobotgarden053.jpg

and hopefully you can make out this really old Hyophorbe verschaffeltii

Hyophorbeverschafeltiiriobotgarden0.jpg

If you are also a flowering tree buff, here is an Amherstia nobilis, which seemed to be in many places we visited and is something of a holy grail of flowering trees where I live in South Florida.

Amherstiariobotgarden007.jpg

Paul Craft

Loxahatchee, FL

There is a good number of the native palms of Brazil in the Garden, although we did not have the time to explore for them. During the Biennial we will have guides that can take everyone to the various parts of the Garden to show off all the palm species. For those who cannot walk far and wide, there will be golf carts available to transport you to different areas or back to the main gate or auditorium where the lunch and speakers will be. This is a Bactris species by the main gate.

Bactrisspriobotgarden021.jpg

This is one of the oldest and biggest Kapok trees I have ever seen.

CeibapentandraRioBotGarden062.jpg

Your's truly at the base of the Kapok to give some scale.

xIMG_5200.jpg

One of the smallest of a group of Attaleas planted in a circle around a statue

Attaleaspriobotgarden064.jpg

Paul Craft

Loxahatchee, FL

Here is a Borassus next to a Corypha umbraculifera. I have some amazing Corypha photos to post from another garden later on, but this gives you an idea how the 2 biggest fan palms in the world measure up to each other.

BorassusandCoryphariobotgarden030.jpg

If you are into aroids such as Philodendrons and Anthuriums, you will not be disappointed by what you will see in Brazil. Here is Philodendron undulatum growing in full sun in the Garden.

Philodendronundulatumriobotgarden05.jpg

A Livistona chinensis looking very attractive in the landscape.

Livistonachinensisriobotgarden045.jpg

I think everyone will agree that the Rio de Janeiro Botanical Garden will be a highlight of the trip. I don't know if you will go as far as to join this group dancing by the main gate, but then knowing this group, you never know! :lol:

SculptureRioBotanicalGarden072.jpg

Next I will move on to what we will be visiting another day.

pablo

Paul Craft

Loxahatchee, FL

Aloha Paul, and Mahalo for giving us a preview of our upcoming adventure in Brazil. This will be the first time I've ever traveled south of the equator. I look forward to seeing palm friends from our 2008 Biennial, and making some new palm friends in April 2010.

Dan on the Big Island of Hawai'i / Dani en la Isla Grande de Hawai

Events Photographer roving paparazzi "konadanni"

Master Gardener, University of Hawai’i College of Tropical Agriculture and Human Resources

Certified Arborist, International Society of Arboriculture

LinkedIn & email: konadanni@gmail.com / Facebook & Twitter & Google Plus: DanTom BigIsland

Ah, the rooftop pool. I hope that's a jacuzzi at the far end. :)

I think that is a jacuzzi. I wonder how many palm nuts we can fit in there.

It is indeed a jacuzzi ............. and a rather large one! :winkie:

pablo

Paul Craft

Loxahatchee, FL

Paul,

I'm really glad we have a full day scheduled at the Rio Botanical Garden! I'm sure the entire week will be an unforgettable experience, but I particularly look forward to seeing the Rio Botanical Garden. Have heard a lot about it. And your photos only add to that.

Bo-Göran

Leilani Estates, 25 mls/40 km south of Hilo, Big Island of Hawai'i. Elevation 880 ft/270 m. Average rainfall 140 inches/3550 mm

Paul,

It looks like you had a good trip. I do hope that I am able to attend the bieniel. I plan on it anyway. I have spent a lot of time in Rio over the years and have a lot of good memories, and a few bad like having a guy stick a gun in my head and relieve me of my car. But, that was a long time ago. I am sure people will enjoy their trip there. Rio is in a good moment with the World Cup games coming in 2014 and the Olympics in 2016. I love the Jardim Botanico. It is a wonderful place. It is interesting to note that the Tijuca forest behind the Jardim Botanico was mostly deforested at the time the garden was made. The area was used to grow coffee. This was the first public reforestation project in South America and was started in 1861 and over the 13 years of the project 100,000 trees were planted. It now looks like it has been there forever. But, it hasn´t and one of the clues is the large amount of jack fruit growing in the forest. I used to take my car and just cruise around the roads around Corcovado which overlook the Botanical Garden and the city. I look forward to seeing more of your pictures.

dk

Don Kittelson

LIFE ON THE RIO NEGRO

03° 06' 07'' South 60° 01' 30'' West

Altitude 92 Meters / 308 feet above sea level

1,500 kms / 932 miles to the mouth of the Amazon River

Manaus, Amazonas, Brazil - A Cidade da Floresta

Where the world´s largest Tropical Rainforest embraces the Greatest Rivers in the World. .

82331.gif

Click here to visit Amazonas

amazonas2.jpg

Paul,

It looks like you had a good trip. I do hope that I am able to attend the bieniel. I plan on it anyway. I have spent a lot of time in Rio over the years and have a lot of good memories, and a few bad like having a guy stick a gun in my head and relieve me of my car. But, that was a long time ago. I am sure people will enjoy their trip there. Rio is in a good moment with the World Cup games coming in 2014 and the Olympics in 2016. I love the Jardim Botanico. It is a wonderful place. It is interesting to note that the Tijuca forest behind the Jardim Botanico was mostly deforested at the time the garden was made. The area was used to grow coffee. This was the first public reforestation project in South America and was started in 1861 and over the 13 years of the project 100,000 trees were planted. It now looks like it has been there forever. But, it hasn´t and one of the clues is the large amount of jack fruit growing in the forest. I used to take my car and just cruise around the roads around Corcovado which overlook the Botanical Garden and the city. I look forward to seeing more of your pictures.

Hi Don,

I look forward to seeing more of it as well. Our stay at the Garden was far too short this time around.

Psaul

Paul Craft

Loxahatchee, FL

On one day we will go near the town of Teresopolis to the Serra das Orgaos National Park. It is just about a 2 hour drive from the hotel. There are 2 entrances to the park, so the group with split up with half going to one entrance and the other to the other entrance. The 2 groups will then switch. There are some different palms to see at each entrance. Walking is easy with some up and down and people can hike some of the trails off the road if they wish. Palms that will be seen at the park will include lots of Euterpe edulis, Acrocomia aculeata, Astrocaryum aculeatissimum, Geonoma schottiana, Lytocaryum weddelianum, and some other Bactris, Syagrus, and Geonoma species as well as many other species of plants. During our visit, we were only able to check out one of the entrances, so did not see all the plants that we will see during the Biennial. The 2 entrances are at 2 different elevations so the plant life is somewhat different at the 2 locations. A box lunch will be provided that day.

After our visit to the Park, we will travel a short distance to see a large population of Attalea apoda after which we will travel back to Rio for dinner.

On the way to the national park we will see a Bactris species growing in isolated spots along streams as well at Attalea compta, Syagrus species and Allagoptera (Polyandrococos) caudescens.

Attalea compta growing in the distance on a hillside

AttaleacomptaBrasil190.jpg

Attalea compta

AttaleacomptaBrasil186.jpg

Allagoptera caudescens is relatively widespread and we will see it several days during our journeys.

AllagopteracaudescensBrazil076.jpg

Paul Craft

Loxahatchee, FL

Brazil is home to lots of Bromeliad species. Wherever you go, you will see them growing on everything, especially on the sides of steep slippery, rock slopes. These appeared to be Vriesea imperialis

VrieseaimperialisBrasil181.jpg

A beautiful cultivar growing next to a restaurant ………………… and the bromeliad ain’t bad either! :lol:

VriesaeaimperialisBrasil183.jpg

The entrance to the National Park

xIMG_5104.jpg

Paul Craft

Loxahatchee, FL

There seemed to be 2 forms of Geonoma schottiana growing here. One had a much thinner leaflet than the other, or perhaps one was a different species ………….. :huh: Before the Biennial, we will get a better handle on all the species of palms we will see so everyone will know for sure what they are looking at.

The finer leafed form of Geonoma schottiana

GeonomaschottianaBrasil132.jpg

The wider leaflet form of Geonoma schottiana

GeonomaschottianaBrasil170.jpg

Fruit of the Geonoma was ripening when we were there.

GeonomaschottianaBrasil168.jpg

Astrocaryum aculeatissimum

AstrocaryumaculeatissimumBrazil161.jpg

Paul Craft

Loxahatchee, FL

Acrocomia aculeata growing up through the understory

AcrocomiaaculeataBrasil142.jpg

Jill Menzel is largely responsible for having the 2010 Biennial in Brazil and has been the point person setting up the entire trip. Randall Quirk, who lives in Orlando, often helps Jill with the details during trips. As you can tell, this will be one really fun Biennial!

JillRandallBrasil139.jpg

This was the largest species of Seliginella fern I have ever seen. This is one of those areas where you can stand in one spot and see dozens upon dozens of different plants wherever you look.

SelaginellaBrasil165.jpg

A stream flowing through the Park. All the rock here is very smooth. I cannot figure out how various plants find a way to adhere to it, but they do. :blink:

StreamBrasil151.jpg

Paul Craft

Loxahatchee, FL

This version of Lytocaryum weddelianum may go back to its original name, Lytocaryum insigne. It was lumped into L. weddelianum a few years ago, but it appears it is about to be split back out again soon.

LytocaryumweddelianumBrasil200.jpg

A closeup of the leaf undersides and yes the underside of the leaf is really that color while the top of the leaf is deep green.

LytocaryumweddelianumBrasil203.jpg

Euterpe edulis grows in large colonies in this area. Anyway for some Acai fruit? :lol:

EuterpeedulisBrasil193.jpg

EuterpeedulisBrasil194.jpg

• Upvote 1

Paul Craft

Loxahatchee, FL

This was an unusual tree that flowers on the trunk. The photos I took of the canopy did not turn out well as the sun was directly overhead. Anyone have an idea as to what it is? :huh:

Brasil130.jpg

Brasil129.jpg

We were up around 1000 meters, so Cyathea tree ferns were plentiful.

CyatheaspBrasil138.jpg

Paul Craft

Loxahatchee, FL

Epiphytes were literally dripping off the trees. This one was particularly well dressed with ferns, bromeliads, aroids, cacti, orchids, and who knows what else. It is one of those trees you can sit under and stare at for hours trying to ID all the species living on it.

BromeliadtreeBrasil173.jpg

A closeup of the same tree.

BromeliadtreeBrasil176.jpg

At the end of the day, I tried my first cachaca, which is an alcoholic drink made from sugarcane, but different from rum. This was cachaca mixed with passion fruit juice, some sugar, and ice. I know I look a little apprehensive here and Randall a bit devilish holding the passion fruit, but after one sip, I was sold! :drool:

The more typical drink made from cachaca is called caipirinha and is made with lime juice instead of passion fruit juice. I highly recommend it!! :mrlooney:

xIMG_4968.jpg

Next I will shopw y'all the day featuring Roberto Burle Marx Garden.

pablo

Paul Craft

Loxahatchee, FL

Great pictures and you obviously had a fantastic day! And you get to experience this TWICE! Wow! :)

Estou pronto! (I'm ready!)

Hawaii Island (Big Island), leeward coast, 19 degrees N. latitude, south Kona mauka at approx. 380m (1,250 ft.) and about 1.6 km (1-mile) upslope from ocean.

No record of a hurricane passing over this island (yet!).  

Summer maximum rainfall - variable averaging 900-1150mm (35-45") - Perfect drainage on black volcanic rocky soil.  

Nice sunsets!

So, on another day, half the group will go to Sitio Roberto Burle Marx Garden while the other half of the group will go to the nursery and Garden of Herminio Campos Simoes. At lunch time we will all meet at Parque Natural Municipal da Prainha. After lunch the groups will switch – those who went to Sitio Roberto Burle Marx will go to Herminio’s and those who were at Herminio’s in the morning will go to Sitio Roberto Burle Marx. At the end of the days tours, we will all have dinner in Rio.

Roberto Burle Marx was a world renown landscape designer of parks and gardens who was born in 1909 and passed away in 1994.

xIMG_5072-2.jpg

He was also known as an urban space designer and a modern nature artist. The property that was his home, nursery, and garden was donated to the Brazilian government in 1985 and became known as Sitio Roberto Burle Marx. There are approximately 3500 species of plants here, many collected by Roberto from his various travels.

RobertoBurleMarxsign024-2.jpg

Right outside the Garden office was this beautiful plant, which I am still trying to figure out. I know I have seen it before ………. somewhere, but clueless what it is. Anyone have an idea? :hmm:

BurleMarx027.jpg

Paul Craft

Loxahatchee, FL

Walking through such a well designed Garden is a special treat. It was spring time in Brazil and many of the trees were in flower.

xIMG_5064-2.jpg

xIMG_5059-2.jpg

The day we were there, it rained lightly but steadily and because of our time constraints, we were unable to see much of the Garden, but still the small part we saw only whet our appetite to see more when we return in April for the Biennial. :drool:

This was the largest Licuala peltata sumawongii I have ever seen. It was full of green fruit.

LicualapeltatasumawongiiBurleMar-2.jpg

In another part of the Garden we uncovered this Lilliputian palm, Licuala triphylla.

LicualatriphyllaBurleMarx057-1.jpg

Paul Craft

Loxahatchee, FL

It had a nice infructescence of ripe seed. And for those wondering, L. triphylla can have 3 to 5 leaf segments

LicualatriphyllafruitBurleMarx05-1.jpg

Corypha umbraculifera are found in many gardens in this part of Brazil. No matter where you find them, they are always an impressive sight.

CoryphaumbraculiferaBurleMarxl02-1.jpg

A beautiful specimen of Syagrus macrocarpa. This is a palm that should be in cultivation more!

SyagrusmacrocarpaBurleMarx110-2.jpg

The fruit are definitely large and the name macrocarpa is well deserved..

SyagrusmacrocarpaBurleMarx116-2.jpg

Paul Craft

Loxahatchee, FL

We spent much of our time in the shadehouses as they afforded some protection from the persistent rain. The aroid collection is incredible with mature specimens of many Philodendrons, Anthuriums, and others. Anyone interested in this plant family will be in for a treat. :mrlooney:

Here is a sampling of some of the Philodendrons

PhilodendronspBurleMarx051-1.jpg

PhilodendronspBurleMarx036-2.jpg

PhilodendronspBurleMarx074-1.jpg

PhilodendronspBurleMarx095-1.jpg

Paul Craft

Loxahatchee, FL

and a couple more ..............

PhilodendronspBurleMarx102-1.jpg

PhilodendronspBurleMarx061-1.jpg

A pendulous Heliconia amongst other heliconia and ginger species showing off for us.

HeliconiaspBurleMarx082.jpg

This was a magnificent small Geonoma species that caught my eye. :blink:

GeonomaspBurleMarx089.jpg

Paul Craft

Loxahatchee, FL

As if The Roberto Burle Marx Garden is not enough to see in one day, it is just part of what there will be to visit this day. The entire group will meet for lunch at Prainha Park, which is located right on a beach. Those who wish can go for a swim here before lunch.

On the way to Prainha we will pass by large masses of Allagoptera arenaria growing on the dunes almost to the water’s edge. There are literally tens of thousands of Allagoptera all along the coast here where development has not occurred.

AllagopteraarenariaBrasil018-1.jpg

AllagopteraarenariaBrasil019-1.jpg

The drive along the coast is magnificent to say the least

OceanviewBrazil117-2.jpg

Allagoptera (Polyandrococos) caudescens poking its head up above the scrub along the road near Prainha

AllagopteracaudescensPrainha123.jpg

Paul Craft

Loxahatchee, FL

Syagrus picrophylla grows in and around Prainha mostly on the slopes of the hills coming down to the ocean

SyagruspicrophyllaPrainha131-2.jpg

Syagrus picrophylla way up on the hills at Prainha. For those bold enough, there are trails leading up to them.

SyagruspicrophyllaPrainha136-2.jpg

The day we were there, the ocean was rather rough from strong winds blowing in. Hopefully it will be much calmer in April as it is a beautiful beach and I am sure some will want to dip their feet in the surf.

BeachatPrainha138.jpg

There are some hiking trails in Prainha, one of which is a short hike up to a lookout area. After having lunch and doing some exploring, the group will divide in two again and go off to either the Roberto Burle Marx Garden or Herminio’s.

Some of you may remember Herminio Campos Simoes from the Costa Rican Biennial. He is nursery owner as well as having an extensive collection of palms in the ground. We will take our time looking at all the different species found here.

Herminio

HerminiodeACamposSimoes135.jpg

Paul Craft

Loxahatchee, FL

A field of Licuala grandis

LicualagrandisHerminio013-1.jpg

Heading off to Herminio's Garden

GardenHerminio027.jpg

Caryota zebrina with its distinctive zebra-like stripes on the leaf stems.

CaryotazebrinaHerminio104.jpg

CaryotazebrinaHerminio106.jpg

Paul Craft

Loxahatchee, FL

This is Licuala mattanensis. The variety, Licuala mattanensis ‘Mapu’, is a mottled form of this species.

LicualamattanensisHerminio107-1.jpg

Licuala ‘Mapu’, which is one of THE most photogenic palms in the world. :D

LicualamapuHerminio086-2.jpg

A beautiful little Butia species that I have yet to get identified

ButiaspHerminio122.jpg

The new red leaf of Hydriastele pinangoides.

HydriastelepinangoidesHerminio03-1.jpg

Paul Craft

Loxahatchee, FL

An avenue of Areca vestiaria

ArecavestiariaHerminio053.jpg

Close-up of the orange collar palm

ArecavestiariaHerminio054.jpg

A large impressive clump of Chamaedorea fragrans

ChamaedoreafragransHerminio003.jpg

Dypsis madagascariensis with an unusual split trunk

DypsismadagascariensistrunksplitHer.jpg

Paul Craft

Loxahatchee, FL

There are so many species of palms to see at Herminios, both native to Brazil and exotic. I can only say that attendees will be thoroughly impressed.

Here is the native Syagrus oleracea at Herminio’s

SyagrusoleraceaHerminio072-2.jpg

Thus ends another day of what the Brazil Biennial offers. If I had to guess, I would say attendees will be exposed to over 500 palm species today, both in habitat and cultivation. :mrlooney:

Paul Craft

Loxahatchee, FL

Paul,

Very impressive! Looks like another extremely exciting day! :)

Bo-Göran