• Announcements

• IPS BIENNIAL - SARAWAK / SINGAPORE JUNE 12-19   01/23/2016

STILL TIME TO REGISTER!!
      Don't miss this opportunity to hike through natural forest areas of Borneo to see palms in habitat led by expert guides. Experience the culture and cuisine of this exotic Southeast Asian country with fellow IPS travelers.
      In Singapore you'll experience the world's largest covered garden, Gardens by the Bay, and tour the venerable Singapore Botanic Garden. 
      You must be an IPS member to register, so sign up today. For more information click HERE (For more info of past biennials and member experiences see the BIENNIAL FORUM on Palmtalk.)   One of the exotic palms of Borneo
    • NEW FORUM - PALMS IN POTS   01/23/2016

CHECK IT OUT BELOW I think it is self explanatory - it's right below the COLD HARDY PALMS FORUM.

EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS

18 posts in this topic

I think I may have solved the persistent email notification problem we have been having. If you have received a backlog of emails from the Forum, this is because many were held up in the queue, and I have hopefully set them all free.

So, we are sorry for what may have been many emails all at once, but I anticipate that things may now be rectified.

Hi and thanks for our effords!

Now it works :winkie:

I wondered why I had 35 emails when I logged in today :lol: Thanks for fixing it.

Peachy

yes!-thanks .

more than 100 mail!

It unleashed a fury on my inbox :D

I wondered why I had 35 emails when I logged in today :lol: Thanks for fixing it.

Peachy

Only 35? I got over 600!!! I turned the comp on, left the room, came back... 638 new emails... uh oh I thought... Hope I havent got some nasty virus...

Just got a notification about this thread so good to see everything is back in order and I dont have to remember the threads I have posted in anymore. Cheers!

Peachy

Only 35? I got over 600!!! I turned the comp on, left the room, came back... 638 new emails... uh oh I thought... Hope I havent got some nasty virus...

Just got a notification about this thread so good to see everything is back in order and I dont have to remember the threads I have posted in anymore. Cheers!

If it makes any of you feel better, my computer and iPhone continued dinging for over an hour, and when it was said and done, I must of had 5,000 including notices of undeliverable emails. If you haven't checked in a while, now would be a good time to check and verify that your email on record is still a valid email.

FYI - For any of you using Comcast as an ISP. Apparently Comcast refused to accept emails from the Forum, so the notifications never worked for you. I think I have that fixed as well. There may also be an issue with Yahoo. If any of you who using a Yahoo email address for the Forum can give me info as to whether you are able to receive notifications from the Forum, that would be useful - not PMs, but topic notifications, password changes, email changes, etc. Anything that is "auto-generated" from the Forum.

You win! :lol:

Working here with Comcast. Thanks! :)

I have Yahoo! mail and I received a mass of pm notifications(i initially though, how come all remembered me today? :lol: ) so it works for me fine! :) Thank you for fixing it! :)

I have Yahoo! mail and I received a mass of pm notifications(i initially though, how come all remembered me today? :lol: ) so it works for me fine! :) Thank you for fixing it! :)

Thanks Kostas, That helps a lot.

Well, you made palmdoctor's year! ;)

Great to see ya fixed things. I though it was a gmail thing.

Broken again? I've not received any email notifications today (comcast).

Broken again? I've not received any email notifications today (comcast).

I'll check - may again be Comcast.

Testing 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10

It worked fine for me. If anyone else on Comcast is having problems, please let me know, I can try to contact them again.

It worked fine for me. If anyone else on Comcast is having problems, please let me know, I can try to contact them again.

Seems to be working again. Odd.

Seems to be working again. Odd.

Good,

Thanks for following up.