• Announcements

• IPS BIENNIAL - SARAWAK / SINGAPORE JUNE 12-19   01/23/2016

STILL TIME TO REGISTER!!
      Don't miss this opportunity to hike through natural forest areas of Borneo to see palms in habitat led by expert guides. Experience the culture and cuisine of this exotic Southeast Asian country with fellow IPS travelers.
      In Singapore you'll experience the world's largest covered garden, Gardens by the Bay, and tour the venerable Singapore Botanic Garden. 
      You must be an IPS member to register, so sign up today. For more information click HERE (For more info of past biennials and member experiences see the BIENNIAL FORUM on Palmtalk.)   One of the exotic palms of Borneo
    • NEW FORUM - PALMS IN POTS   01/23/2016

CHECK IT OUT BELOW I think it is self explanatory - it's right below the COLD HARDY PALMS FORUM.

Free Seedlings!

19 posts in this topic

You pay shipping and I'll send ya a half dozen or so Gaussia maya seedlings. Limited supply.

Contiguous US pays $10, anywhere else in the world $15 (I can't promise they'll pass your country's customs, but I'll do my best! US Dollars only please.)

You can paypal the S/H funds to william@piouspalms.com

If you'd prefer to send money with check or money order please PM or email me for instructions.

Happy growing!

B)

7563A_2004090243162.jpg

(Photo linked from Fairchild's website)

I can't bring myself to call any palm "ugly", even Syagrus glaucauscens, certainly not this one.

Recieved a few requests... Anyone else? I'm going to break apart the community pot this weekend and ship Tuesday. All s/h remittances must be here before the weekend. HURRY!

I'm looking foward to recieving my gaussia maya variety "ugly form" seedlings! :floor: Thank you, Randy

These palms have shipped! Have fun everyone! B)

Mine were waiting when I got home today. Wow. I expected 5-6 and I got....so many more. Thanks so much, Bill. You're the best.

Received yesterday and as usual they were packed extremely well. Thanks again Bill for your generosity! :)

Bill, Thank you! I got my many seedlings in great shape too. :drool: Regards, Randy

Glad the seedlings arrived in great shape ya'll. Hope the quantity didn't burden you. If you've got space to grow them out a bit maybe your neighbors would entertain growing a couple in their yards! :) Happy growing!

Glad the seedlings arrived in great shape ya'll. Hope the quantity didn't burden you. If you've got space to grow them out a bit maybe your neighbors would entertain growing a couple in their yards! :) Happy growing!

I read somewhere (I think it was davesgarden from palmbob) that these dont look very good as individuals due to the fact that it only holds 3-4 leaves at a time. Would it be advisable then to maybe plant in groups of 3-5?

Protemps, The photo at the top of this thread is from Fairchild's website. You can see they have a bunch of them planted. The hurricanes have blown quite a few of them over as you can see, but planting in groups looks fine. Judging by the photo, I would think these palms may not get that classic coconut curve in the trunk and they may actually just grow straight up ignoring the lateral competition and engage in competition for height, can't say I've ever seen multi potted specimen. Would be interesting, if you do so, it owuld be interesting to see some pics when trunks develop. B)

I never called them ugly. Here is mine with a slight curve for sun.

100_1467.jpg

http://www.pacsoa.org.au/palms/Gaussia/maya.html

Wow, we got blasted for calling this palm an ugly palm! I don't believe we collectively think this palm is ugly. Is this true?!

What are the chances of getting some here to California? Pretty good I hope.

Thanks Cal Sloan

Sir, what are the chances of getting some of these seeds to California?

Thank you,

Cal Sloan

Sir, what are the chances of getting some of these seeds to California?

Thank you,

Cal Sloan

No chance at all! Those seedlings were all shipped out about a year ago!

They're still ugly!

LOLZ! :lol: