IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

more free seeds

Lucinda

My son and his two young teenagers enthusiastically collected a gazillion of these seeds while in Hawaii a couple of weeks ago. I can't begin to use them and hate for their efforts to be wasted. No cost to those of you who want a few. Caveat: You'll have to clean them yourself (not a difficult job).

Forteen seeds weigh one oz and will fit in a first class envelope. I'll ship 'em out as long as my stamps hold out. No problem if you want more, say 50 or 100, but I'll ask you to pay postage.

Pritchardia pac. have pleated leaves and are beautiful trees. Zone 10a/b or higher.

Please pm me if you're interested.

Lucinda

• Upvote 1

Seeds have now been mailed. Small orders to Scott, Mike, Luke, Brian, Simone and Ray. Larger quantities to: Jean, Nick, Peter, Don and Fernando. Please let me know if I missed anyone.

Lucinda

P.S. Still have several hundred left.

Seeds are here five days after they have been mailed.

good packaging.

Fantastic.

thanks again

jean-bernard

Jean-bernard

crazy sower

city : Nantes, France,

I've got a couple nubs too! :yay:

Thanks again Lucinda!

~Ray.

post-3028-1251723553_thumb.jpg

Brandon, FL

27.95°N 82.28°W (Elev. 62 ft)

Zone9 w/ canopy

Don't have picture to share (it would look like Ray's above) but just counted 29 popped out of 32 - a 90% germination rate! Not used to such success; thanks for the outstanding seed!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Lucinda we received them today. They had the sticker "Opened by Aust. post for inspection by quarantine". And they repacked them again.Planting then tomorrow. :):D

Cheers Steve

It is not dead, it is just senescence.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Lucinda, my first one has germinated! :) The ones that i put outside in pots have'nt yet, but the ones that i put in a plastic bag with a bit of potting mix on the refrigerator are starting. :)

Cheers Steve

It is not dead, it is just senescence.

• 1 month later...

My son and his two young teenagers enthusiastically collected a gazillion of these seeds while in Hawaii a couple of weeks ago. I can't begin to use them and hate for their efforts to be wasted. No cost to those of you who want a few. Caveat: You'll have to clean them yourself (not a difficult job).

Forteen seeds weigh one oz and will fit in a first class envelope. I'll ship 'em out as long as my stamps hold out. No problem if you want more, say 50 or 100, but I'll ask you to pay postage.

Pritchardia pac. have pleated leaves and are beautiful trees. Zone 10a/b or higher.

Please pm me if you're interested.

Lucinda

Palms not just a tree also a state of mind

If you have any more pritchardia seeds i would love to have afew i live on a coastal island in s.w. fl. thanks Steve please email @ smarud@comcast.net

Palms not just a tree also a state of mind

Steve and Liz, all the Pritchardia seeds were distributed to PalmTalkers long ago. I kept and germinated quite a few myself and these came up like grass. Most of the little seedlings made it through Florida's recent, murderous cold spell in an unheated shade house; now my fingers are crossed that they'll survive the rest of winter. Hope everyone else does okay, as well.

Lucinda