IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

More Syagrus schizophylla

bubba

It is a strange thing but every area has it's hidden jewels if you look hard enough. For some reason, I run into these Tall Arikury Palms:

PictureNumerousPalmsandFoot127.jpg

PictureNumerousPalmsandFoot128.jpg

PictureNumerousPalmsandFoot129.jpg

PictureNumerousPalmsandFoot130.jpg

What you look for is what is looking

This is a close-up of the crown leaves:

PictureNumerousPalmsandFoot131.jpg

PictureNumerousPalmsandFoot132.jpg

Dear Bubba :)

Thanks for the lovely big sized visuals..and the palms trunks looks intreasting..

love,

Kris :)

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Those are really awesome. The biggest I have ever seen.

Bayside Tree Farms is located in Homestead Florida USA
(305) 245-9544

Those are gorgeous.

Much better than anything I've seen here in California.

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

Cool tropical look imo, you gotta have one of these, tough as nails.

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

I have a small specimen (2' or 60cm of trunk more or less) here in No FL. It was 90% defoliated this past winter when no one was here to protect it. It has produced many new fronds this year but isn't close to being as majestic as it was before the freeze. Neat thing is that it survived and is recovering without complaint. Any frost on the foliage and this one shows damage. Lows in the mid 20's pretty much defoliate this species. But they are easy to protect and extremely graceful so well worth the effort.

Land O Lakes FL, a suburb on the North Side of Tampa, FL

Summers are great, 90f/32c in the day & 70f/21c at night with plentiful rain & sun

Winters are subtropical with occasional frosts and freezes. Tropical cyclones happen.

We have a few Royal palms in the warm microclimates but Coconuts freeze.

I am a Kayaker, Hiker, Bicyclist, and amateur Photographer that loves the outdoors.  

How old would you say they are?

Cheers

Mike

Port Macquarie NSW Australia

Warm temperate to subtropical

Record low of -2C at airport 2006

Pushing the limit of palm survivabilities

Flip never realised how tall those palms get??? Nice!

Sub-tropical

Summer rainfall 1200mm

Annual average temp 21c

30 South

Lovely. :)

I hope mine'll look like that.

Brandon, FL

27.95°N 82.28°W (Elev. 62 ft)

Zone9 w/ canopy

Mike, The age of these Palms is a good question. Based upon feed back from several posts, all indicate it to be a slow grower. That stated, I have a suspicion,because of the inordinate number of tall ones, that somebody many years ago played Johnny Appleseed with this Palm. Just a guess.

• 7 years later...

Need shots of Cali Syagrus schizophylla please