RarePalmSeeds

Photo

BotanicalAuctions.com

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Poll: BotanicalAuctions.com (3 member(s) have cast votes)

RATE THIS GROWER

1. POSITIVE - I have had a positive experience and would recommend this grower. (Comment Optional) (3 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. NEGATIVE - I have had a negative experience and would not recommend this grower. (Comment Required) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Davidl

Davidl

• FORUM MEMBER
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 06:58 AM

I have bought several seeds from this site and they all were immature or just bad seeds. I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt but after several purchases I gave up. They will not get any more of my money. I wrote to them to tell them what was going on and I did not ask for more seeds I just wanted them to know about the seeds in case it was a mistake but they have never replied to my email.

Edited by PALM MOD, 04 June 2009 - 01:25 PM.

JIL
Davidl

PalmTalk Advertising

#2 Cycadcenter

Cycadcenter

• FORUM MEMBER
  • 839 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 08:44 AM

David,

I have supported the FNGLA seed auctions for many years, generally the seed is good quality with acceptable germination. the seed they sell is a DONATION from Montgomery or Flamingo Gardens in an effort to support the worthy causes of the FNGLA through their various programs and scholarships.

This auction is not a private company trying to make a buck off the palm growing community. I consider any purchases I make on the auction to be a DONATION to their causes.

Personally I have NO COMPLAINTS about the system and wish to thank them for their continued efforts for the Florida Horticulture and Landscape industry in very tough times.

Bruce Ironmonger
The Cycad Center
Fallbrook CA
Now living the life in Childers, Queensland.

#3 Davidl

Davidl

• FORUM MEMBER
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:33 AM

I understand what you are saying and its a good cause but when you get bad seed several times and never getting any good seed it is time to stop buying even for a good cause. I hope everyone else has done better than me but it seems unlikely since I have bought from different categorizes with the same result.
JIL
Davidl

#4 Austinpalm

Austinpalm

• FORUM MEMBER
  • 205 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 11:30 AM

I have purchased seeds from BotanicalAuctions many times and have been pleased every timel.
Clay
Austin, Texas, Zone 8b/9a

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users