IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Syagrus romanzoffiana seedlings

PalmatierMeg

I have 40-50+ queen palm seedlings sprouting in the middle of my shade garden. They got to go but, dang it, sometimes I'm too soft-hearted for my own good - it's the mother in me. I was tempted to hack them out and toss them on the compost pile but that seemed awfully harsh (even to queens) fate for these little guys who escaped the seed weevils.

My husband suggested I offer to give them away (assuming anyone wants them), so I said, "Why not?" I've never sent seedlings before but I guess there has to be a first time.

Will someone step up and give these guys a home? They're kind of cute in a baby palm sort of way. I convinced 3 to pose for photos. PM me if interested.

post-1349-1243721638_thumb.jpg

post-1349-1243721749_thumb.jpg

Meg

Palms of Victory I shall wear

Cape Coral (It's Just Paradise)
Florida
Zone 10A on the Isabelle Canal
Elevation: 15 feet

I'd like to be under the sea in an octopus' garden in the shade.

Aww the poor little queen palms.

So what became of them?

Bayside Tree Farms is located in Homestead Florida USA
(305) 245-9544

Funny you should ask, Mike. I was going to add a post.

I still have seedlings to be claimed. This weekend I will dig them up. The lucky ones hit the mail early next week, the rest hit the compost pile. If anyone else is interested, PM me your name and mailing address. And, in a change of policy, I will send them overseas, but cannot be responsible if your country's customs seizes them or they croak en route.

Please note: I must fill a customs declaration and I must not lie about contents or US Customs will come for me.

But, hey, they're free and you may save a life.

Meg

Florida

I have 40-50+ queen palm seedlings sprouting in the middle of my shade garden. They got to go but, dang it, sometimes I'm too soft-hearted for my own good - it's the mother in me. I was tempted to hack them out and toss them on the compost pile but that seemed awfully harsh (even to queens) fate for these little guys who escaped the seed weevils.

My husband suggested I offer to give them away (assuming anyone wants them), so I said, "Why not?" I've never sent seedlings before but I guess there has to be a first time.

Will someone step up and give these guys a home? They're kind of cute in a baby palm sort of way. I convinced 3 to pose for photos. PM me if interested.

I would love to have some if you still have any left. I curently have one Queen about 7 or 8ft tall, but would love some seedlings. I currently have seedling of Rednecks, Ca. fans, Masaris, Trachyes, La. Sabals, and a few more little ones to fuss over would be great.

Charles Harper

136 McDonald Loop

Hot Springs, AR. 71913

P.S. I hatched out over 20 of the Washingtonia Filiferas and if you want one I will be glad to ship you one.

Funny you should ask, Mike. I was going to add a post.

I still have seedlings to be claimed. This weekend I will dig them up. The lucky ones hit the mail early next week, the rest hit the compost pile. If anyone else is interested, PM me your name and mailing address. And, in a change of policy, I will send them overseas, but cannot be responsible if your country's customs seizes them or they croak en route.

Please note: I must fill a customs declaration and I must not lie about contents or US Customs will come for me.

But, hey, they're free and you may save a life.

Thanks for the update. Poor little unwanted step children. But I guess some people would be happy to have something to take care of. We are a bit spoiled in old south FLA.

Bayside Tree Farms is located in Homestead Florida USA
(305) 245-9544

Seedlings mailed today. Thanks to all takers.

Meg

Florida