IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

2009 Palms

Daryl

It is now mid-April and i still haven't received an issue of Palms for this year. Are there production problems or have I been forgotten? I am sure I am paid up.

regards,

Daryl

Gold Coast, Queensland Latitude 28S. Mild, Humid Subtropical climate. Rainfall - not consistent enough!

Daryl,

There are no production problems, and issue 53(1) - the March 2009 issue - was mailed out about 2 weeks ago. I received mine earlier this month. I don't know how long it normally takes to reach Australia, but seems to me you should have received yours - or hopefully will receive it very soon. If you can let me know when you renewed for 2009, I can check to make sure your membership has indeed been renewed for this year.

Upcoming schedule:

June issue is scheduled to be mailed out on 16 June, 2009, Sept issue on 15 Sept and Dec issue on 15 Dec 2009.

Bo-Göran

Leilani Estates, 25 mls/40 km south of Hilo, Big Island of Hawai'i. Elevation 880 ft/270 m. Average rainfall 140 inches/3550 mm

Hi Daryl,

Ours only arrived in Rockhampton earlier this week, so yours shouldn't be too far away.

Cheers, Kylie

Kylie

Central Queensland, Australia

Practically on the Tropic of Capricorn - lots of heat and little rain