IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

BRAZIL - April 2010

bgl

I have flown TAM lots of times and they are very good, equal to anything in europe.

Resident in Bristol UK.

Webshop for hardy palms and hybrid seeds www.hardy-palms.co.uk

• 1 month later...

YEAHY... I just checked the flight info...... Only $620.00 nonstop from NEW YORK to RIO.. but 10 hours....yikes... I'm used to a 2 1/2 hour flight to Florida and I get antsy....lol

Bobby

Long Island, New York  Zone 7a (where most of the southern Floridians are originally from)

AVERAGE TEMPS

Summer Highs  : 85-90f/day,  68-75f / night

Winter Lows     : 38-45f/day,   25-35f / night

Extreme Low    : 10-20f/day,    0-10f / night   but VERY RARE

Bobby,

It is just an overnight hop. You get to fly right over me in the middle of the night as well. Well, I hope to be in Rio by that time. It takes me 5 hours to get to Rio as I have to stop in Brasilia on the way down.

dk

Don Kittelson

LIFE ON THE RIO NEGRO

03° 06' 07'' South 60° 01' 30'' West

Altitude 92 Meters / 308 feet above sea level

1,500 kms / 932 miles to the mouth of the Amazon River

Manaus, Amazonas, Brazil - A Cidade da Floresta

Where the world´s largest Tropical Rainforest embraces the Greatest Rivers in the World. .

82331.gif

Click here to visit Amazonas

amazonas2.jpg

Bobby,

It is just an overnight hop. You get to fly right over me in the middle of the night as well. Well, I hope to be in Rio by that time. It takes me 5 hours to get to Rio as I have to stop in Brasilia on the way down.

dk

yeah, that's true.... Cari & I really want to go... I have wanted to visit Rio forever... Now THAT'S a SERIOUS party town....

Bobby

Long Island, New York  Zone 7a (where most of the southern Floridians are originally from)

AVERAGE TEMPS

Summer Highs  : 85-90f/day,  68-75f / night

Winter Lows     : 38-45f/day,   25-35f / night

Extreme Low    : 10-20f/day,    0-10f / night   but VERY RARE

Bobby,

Actually Brazil is a serious party country. I think that Salvador, Bahia probably takes the top spot for parties, and Manaus is not far behind either. But, it would be great for you to go. I hope I can make it. I am planning on it anyway. I know Rio pretty well as I lived there for a time, and over the years have been there frequently. Although the last time I was back there was 2004. You know there is a similarity between Cariocas (the people from Rio) and New Yorkers. Both groups have very distinctive accents and it is easy to tell when someone is from there. But, both groups when away from home tend to say either, I´m from New York, or , Eu sou do Rio, the first thing when they meet you. At least that is my experience. All they really have to do is say something and you know that.

dk

Don Kittelson

LIFE ON THE RIO NEGRO

03° 06' 07'' South 60° 01' 30'' West

Altitude 92 Meters / 308 feet above sea level

1,500 kms / 932 miles to the mouth of the Amazon River

Manaus, Amazonas, Brazil - A Cidade da Floresta

Where the world´s largest Tropical Rainforest embraces the Greatest Rivers in the World. .

82331.gif

Click here to visit Amazonas

amazonas2.jpg