IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

mb palms

southlatropical

Rate this seller  

28 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this seller?

• POSITIVE - Would recommend to others
    • NEGATIVE - Would not recommend

They always have great deals on well grown palms.

Fordoche, LA

USDA zone 8b

National Arbor Day zone 9

AHS zone 9

Sunset zone 28

Gulf Coast climate with long hot and humid growing season, but short winters are cold and wet with several frosts. Typical lowest temp of between 22F-26F each winter with around a dozen or so nights below freezing.

Good prices in general from this Orlando nursery, I've had quick and friendly mail-order service from them.

Michael Norell

Rancho Mirage, California | 33°44' N 116°25' W | 287 ft | z10a | avg Jan 43/70F | Jul 78/108F avg | Weather Station KCARANCH310

previously Big Pine Key, Florida | 24°40' N 81°21' W | 4.5 ft. | z12a | Calcareous substrate | avg annual min. approx 52F | avg Jan 65/75F | Jul 83/90 | extreme min approx 41F

previously Natchez, Mississippi | 31°33' N 91°24' W | 220 ft.| z9a | Downtown/river-adjacent | Loess substrate | avg annual min. 23F | Jan 43/61F | Jul 73/93F | extreme min 2.5F (1899); previously Los Angeles, California (multiple locations)

• 9 months later...

I ordered a Chamaedorea Tepejilote "seedling" from them last August. They shipped promptly, very neatly and securely packed, bare rooted. It arrived quickly, and has been growing happily ever since. The palm was even larger than i expected, and had just opened its first pinnate leaf. It is now working on pushing up its second. Great communication, service, and a Great seller!

• Like 1

I highly recommend them for quality plants and fair pricing.

Meg

Palms of Victory I shall wear

Cape Coral (It's Just Paradise)
Florida
Zone 10A on the Isabelle Canal
Elevation: 15 feet

I'd like to be under the sea in an octopus' garden in the shade.

• 4 weeks later...

I met Mike when I purchased some citrus pots from him, he's a great guy who went above and beyond for me when he didn't have to.

Thanks again Mike. Don

I have ordered from MB Palms many times, most recently two of his chamaedorea tuerckheimii. Great communication, great packing & shipping and BEAUTIFUL plants. They are growing like weeds and have put out two new leaves since I got them. I will definitely be ordering from him again !

Tom

Baltimore, Maryland

• 3 weeks later...

I have ordered from MB Palms before. Great plants and great service. Here is my newest palm... a very nice looking Lady indeed.

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...

I did a local pickup a several weeks back. Healthy oversized palms, great prices, Im very happy and would recommend MB palms to anyone.

Formerly in Gilbert AZ, zone 9a/9b. Now in Palmetto, Florida Zone 9b/10a??

Tom Blank

• 11 months later...

I've purchased several from this seller too and have never had any problems. They have always been shipped promptly, packaged well and very healthy. I will definitely continue to do business with this seller!

• 1 month later...

Nice people with great palms for good prices. There one of the vendors that come to our palm club palm sale, have purchased from them and will in the future.

Palm Beach Palm and Cycad Society Member (IPS Affiliate)

North Palm Beach

• 11 months later...

Great palms. Sometimes throws in a bonus one or two. All the ones I've ordered are doing well.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I highly recommend them for quality plants and fair pricing.

Good people, good palms - you can see their passion by looking at their plants :greenthumb:

Coral Gables, FL 8 miles North of Fairchild USDA Zone 10B

• 1 year later...

Positive experience with this grower via Ebay. As of today though they have removed themselves from a vendor on Ebay so have to contact them direct for now unless dispute with Ebay is resolved.

• 4 months later...

Mike is still around.

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

They closed their Ebay store because of dispute they have with Ebay. They have a note to simply email them if you want to buy palms. Sent 3 emails, replied to first, not the last two.

here is what it says..

I have decided to close my ebay store for the foreseeable future. This is due to a dispute with ebay over their seller standards. If you would like to purchase anything from me please email me mr.palms.brett@gmail.com

Edited by sashaeffer

They closed their Ebay store because of dispute they have with Ebay. They have a note to simply email them if you want to buy palms. Sent 3 emails, replied to first, not the last two.

here is what it says..

I have decided to close my ebay store for the foreseeable future. This is due to a dispute with ebay over their seller standards. If you would like to purchase anything from me please email me mr.palms.brett@gmail.com

That's bad news. I have found buying from them on eBay great, and going direct - unresponsive. Thanks for the useful update!

Ben Rogers

On the border of Concord & Clayton in the East Bay hills - Elev 387 ft 37.95 °N, 121.94 °W

My back yard weather station: http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/hdfForecast?query=37.954%2C-121.945&sp=KCACONCO37

here is what it says..

Its my understanding that Brett decided to pursue other passions other then palms. MB palms still exists (they were at the Palm Beach Sale) but Mike is the guy you need to contact. Sorry, I don't have his e-mail address.

http://www.palmtalk.org/forum/index.php?/topic/45092-palm-beach-palm-cycad-society-spring-sale/page-2#entry700588

I'm sure someone from the Palm Beach chapter has his e-mail, perhaps they could be so kind to post it here.

Coral Gables, FL 8 miles North of Fairchild USDA Zone 10B

• 3 weeks later...

Hey if anyone gets the new guy's info please let me know. Brett sold wholesale as well and had one of the best selection of palm liners in Florida and I hope the new guy does as well.

Brett told me they had new addition to family and has been busy with that. Do miss the ease of the Ebay store though.

I received a card a Leu Gardens plant sale in March with the following email mbpalms@hotmail.com from Michael Smukall, Nursery Manager

Phone is 407-256-4540, he told me to call him if i wanted to come to the nursery for pickup. I hope this helps.

I received a card a Leu Gardens plant sale in March with the following email mbpalms@hotmail.com from Michael Smukall, Nursery Manager

Phone is 407-256-4540, he told me to call him if i wanted to come to the nursery for pickup. I hope this helps.

thanks!!

• 1 year later...

He has a website that says he is "wholesale" but I've come across him at plant sales. Apparently, he is also on Facebook but I'm not so I can't swear to it. He is also on eBay under a slightly different name.

Meg

Florida

• 2 years later...

Any updates on MB Palms? Do they ship anymore?

David Simms zone 9a on Highway 30a

200 steps from the Gulf in NW Florida

30 ft. elevation and sandy soil

44 minutes ago, Alicehunter2000 said:

Any updates on MB Palms? Do they ship anymore?

His website indicates "wholesale" and "appointment only." But he still has a site on eBay under the name mr.palms that does ship. Send him a message if you have a specific request and see what he says. I suspect he doesn't want walk-ins by retail palm ignorati but may be willing to deal PTer that knows what he wants.

Meg

Florida

• 1 year later...

Ebay seller Mr.Palms shipped some perfectly grown palms , packaged well and shipped promptly. Very satisfied with my palms and the deal I got. Palms were much larger then I was expecting. I'll definitely do business with Brett in the future =) 

• Like 1

T J 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Met Mike at the CFPACS meeting in June.  Bought a few palms then returned a couple weeks after to do a larger purchase.  Very knowledgeable, great selection and great prices.  

Met Mike at the CFPACS meeting as well.  Handed him a list and he pulled my order.  Knowledgeable, relatively close, great selection of plants in various sizes, and I think he even carries Tahina spectabilis for those with deep pockets.

Lakeland, FL

USDA Zone 1990: 9a  2012: 9b  2023: 10a | Sunset Zone: 26 | Record Low: 20F/-6.67C (Jan. 1985, Dec.1962) | Record Low USDA Zone: 9a

30-Year Avg. Low: 30F | 30-year Min: 24F

Does Mike have a website or ship? I searched for the eBay seller Mr.palms a while back and found nothing. 

1 minute ago, JohnAndSancho said:

Does Mike have a website or ship? I searched for the eBay seller Mr.palms a while back and found nothing. 

There is a list on PlantANT: https://www.plantant.com/nursery-availability/1005451/mb-palms

and a Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/MBPalms/

The easiest way to get in touch with him was by phone.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Lakeland, FL

USDA Zone 1990: 9a  2012: 9b  2023: 10a | Sunset Zone: 26 | Record Low: 20F/-6.67C (Jan. 1985, Dec.1962) | Record Low USDA Zone: 9a

1 hour ago, kinzyjr said:

There is a list on PlantANT: https://www.plantant.com/nursery-availability/1005451/mb-palms

and a Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/MBPalms/

The easiest way to get in touch with him was by phone.

Good looking out. I have literally zero space for anything except my office but he shows cheap I. Weddellanium so there we go. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JohnAndSancho said:

but he shows cheap I. Weddellanium so there we go. 

Call first...he might not have very many left as I bought 10 Weddellianum and hoehnei from him a few weeks ago....

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

At this point, you may get a similar response to @Steve in Florida, @RedRabbit, and myself:

https://www.palmtalk.org/forum/topic/62587-best-palm-tree-nursery-in-orlando-area/

... or not.  He did fill a few orders for other people in my circle.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Lakeland, FL