IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Caribbean Palms Nursery - Mike Harris

rozpalm

Rate this Grower  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Rate this grower

• POSITIVE - I have had a positive experience and would recommend this grower. (Comment Optional)
    • NEGATIVE - I have had a negative experience and would not recommend this grower (Comment Required)

Caribbean Palms Nursery is a small nursery located in Loxahatchee, Florida and is owned and operated by Mike Harris. If you are into rare palms from the Caribbean this is a great place. This nursery is a gem and has lots of rare palms that Mike himself travelled to collect the seed. I have bought quite a few palms from Mike and will be returning this week to add a few more to my collection. I have always found Mike to be an easy person to deal with and more then willing to provide growing knowledge for the palms you are buying. If you are in Loxahatchee, make sure to schedule a visit to Caribbean palms.

Ron

Wellington, Florida

Zone 11 in my mind

Zone 10a 9a in reality

13miles West of the Atlantic in Palm Beach County

Mike is a top rate guy with a great little nursery....I guess its not THAT little. :)

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

Great selection of rare Cubans! Mike knows his stuff. Highly recommended.

"If you need me, I'll be outside" -Randy Wiesner Palm Beach County, Florida Zone 10Bish

Mike sells high quality plants you can't typically find elsewhere. He is the source for all palms from El Caribe. Highly recommended!!

Tampa, Interbay Peninsula, Florida, USA

subtropical USDA Zone 10A

Bokeelia, Pine Island, Florida, USA

subtropical USDA Zone 10B

• 1 month later...

Mike has great material and is a quality guy of outstanding character. If you want the "real deal" on many hard to find Caribbean species, Mike is the man! Some of my "children" in my garden were adopted from Mike's nursery.

Coral Gables, FL 8 miles North of Fairchild USDA Zone 10B

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have purchased a Cocothrinax miraguama and a Red vestiara from Mike.Both are excellent ,healthy Palms.

What you look for is what is looking

• 1 month later...

My wife and I made the trip from Pensacola Fl to purchase a few plants from Mike. I can honestly say that we had a great buying experience. We came by one late afternoon and Mike was more than happy to show us around, even though it was after hours. He took the time (3+hrs) to show us around.He gave us a wealth of information and helped tremendously with our purchases. Mike is a down to earth guy with a great selection. His plants were in great shape and he had some rare stuff! My wife and I were so delighted with Mike we came back a day later with a box truck to load up and purchase more plants. Anyone that is in the area looking for some well grown and hard to find plants should definitely stop by Caribbean Palms Nursery. As far as my wife,Sarah, is concerned this is the only place to shop!

Paul Gallop

• 3 weeks later...

I have purchased several times from Mike and have had good experiences each time. His material is in good shape and Mike is extremely knowledgeable. If you're looking for an unusual Caribbean Palm, Mike should be your #1 goto guy.

• 1 year later...

My wife and I were in Royal Palm Beach for a concert last weekend and made the short trip to Mike's property in Loxahatchee. The wife not being into palms anywhere near the extend that I am - came away with a much greater appreciation. Everything about the experience was positive from Mike's tour of his personal collection to all the knowledge he shared about his seed collecting trips in various natural habitats and his hospitality. It was pleasant to have someone as friendly and willing to share his time with a hobby collector.

As for the loot, one gallon pots were all I had the room for, but I managed to grab great, healthy specimens of the following: Dypsis cabadae, Dypsis baronii, Pseudophoenix sargentii, Dictyosperma album, Arenga hookeriana & Chamaedorea adscendens.

Thanks again Mike for everything! We look forward to our next trip.

Rich

This data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall the providers be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from lost data or lost profits or revenue, the costs of recovering such data, the costs of substitute data, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use the data. Other terms may apply.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I have been to Mike's place once and as the name of the nursery hints : He's got Caribbean Palms and darn good ones.

Peter

Mikes a great guy to deal with and his plant are wonderful.

Palm Beach Palm and Cycad Society Member (IPS Affiliate)

North Palm Beach

• 1 month later...

Mike, will you be at the Fairchild sale this year in November?

Probably not, but I can't say no for sure.

I WILL be doing the Fall Sale here in West Palm Beach at Mounts Botanical Garden.

Mike Harris

Caribbean Palms Nursery

Loxahatchee, Florida USA

• 2 months later...

My wife and I and another couple from our club went to Mikes last weekend, we had a great time and got some spectacular palms. Easily one of the most professional palm nurseries that I have been to, everything was orderly and clearly identified. I love the face that he handed us a price sheet that identifies everything that he offers. Mike is very knowledgeable, and he truly enjoys talking to you about palms and cycads. Im lucky that I live close to such a wonderful resource.

Edited by Tomw

Palm Beach Palm and Cycad Society Member (IPS Affiliate)

North Palm Beach

• 7 months later...

Went to see Mike this morning and I have to say his selection of rare palms is top notch. He took the time to walk with my family and I and explain everything he had to offer. He had everything we were looking for and then some. Highly recommend. If you are in South Florida go by and see Mike. PS... I'm still sweating his Copernicia Fallanesis...it is amazing!

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 7 years later...

Took a road trip to Mike’s nursery today, had to get out of the house. What a great selection of Palms, especially from Cuba. Mike was very helpful and knowledgeable, took plenty of time to discuss the Palms and how he personally collected the seeds for a lot of his Palms. Very happy with the 9 Palms I came home with. I would highly recommend making a trip to his nursery. Reasonable priced and nice variety. Will definitely be making a return trip in the future.

Thanks Mike