IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Coldplant.com 's Palms & Cycads

garrytsen

Fresh good quality seeds and plants of palm and cycads are presented as follows

Discounts are offered according to your order .Please contact directly info@coldplant.com

For more photos and details, visit our website www.coldplant.com

Palm Seeds

1.Trachycarpus fortunei Tesan - cold hardy with thick hair and compact leaves.

USD25/50seeds

TfortuneicvTesan2.jpg

2. Trachycarpus fortunei Winsan- special round leaves

USD20/50seeds

Winsan4.jpg

3. Trachycarpus princeps

USD10/10 seeds, quite few available.

Tprinceps4.jpg

4, Trachycarpus fortunei Misan- miniature type with pretty small leaves and small trunk,suitable for small garden.

USD20/50 seeds

MiniTfortunei2.jpg

Silver Dwarf Palm, USD15/50seeds

SilverDwarfPalm.jpg

Cycad Seeds

Cycadseeds.jpg

1. Cycas debaoensis,USD60/10seeds

2. Cycas micholitzii, USD60/10seeds

3. Cycas szechuanensis, USD30/10seed

4. Cycas changjiangensis,,USD30/10seed

Seedling

1.Cycas debaoensis,USD25/seedling, 1 year old

IMG_2866.jpg

2. Cycas changjiangensis,USD15/seedling, 1 year old

1.jpg

2. Cycas michlitzii, USD20/seedling

First of all, I wouldl like to introduce myself. I leave in Bangkok, Thailand.

I grow Cycads for my hobby then I would like to share some good experience with Cycads seeds growing. Their seeds are very high quality. Since December 2006, I order 10 seeds of Cycas debaoensis and 5 seeds of Cycas micholiztii. They are very good germination, see the photo below:

First photo, it is Cycas debaoensis germinated pot that I took after 3 months sowing which is about Feb, 2007. Now is almost 2 years old of my seedling that you can see in the second photo. It is very fast growing here in the tropical temperature.

The last photo is Cycas micholiztii that is also very fast growing.

post-3024-1229661984_thumb.jpg

post-3024-1229662066_thumb.jpg

post-3024-1229662094_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Only want to leave a feedback, I have bought a bunch of seeds to coldplant. Garry is a nice and easy to talk guy, the seeds seem to be ok, and the shipment was so fast as it can be, atending the seeds came from China.

I could pay by paypal and the price is almost the same as the last year's.

For me is positive, and probably will repeat next year if the seeds have a good % of germination.

Alicante (East coast of Spain)

Mediterranean climate, very hot and dry summers and mild almost frost-free winters.

Poor rain average.

• 4 weeks later...

About myself - I am a cycad collector in South Africa. As my collection of indigenous encephalartos is more or less satisfactory, I decided to start importing exotic seeds, eg. cycas, dioon, zamia, etc. I have no choice but to respond extremely favourably to the service, as well as the quality of the seeds I ordered from Garry at coldplant.com. I ordered 10 c.debaoensis seeds on the 12th of January 2009, and beyond expectation they arrived on the 21st of January - that is TWO weeks! All my previous orders from abroad took between 3 weeks and a month. Apart from that, eight of the ten seeds have already sprouted, and the other two are showing cracks! That is simply amazing, and out of my heart I can recommend this dealer, his integrity and attitude, as well as his top quality products. Five ***** to you sir!

• 2 weeks later...

i ordered some seeds from Coldplant and they arived here a couple days after payement!...very fast considering the distance. lots of the seeds were already germinated when they arived here. from the T. fortunei var winsans almost al the seeds are already germinated...i must thank Garry for the very fresh seeds and also from me he gets 5 stars for the quality of the seeds and service which was fast and easy goeing. :greenthumb:

I ordered 50 seeds each of Tesan, Misan, and Winsan. Garry also sent a few bonus seeds, which was great! Most of the Winsan and Misan were already starting to sprout when I got them, making my work easier! Shipping was very fast, considering it came from China. I will definitely be doing business with him again soon. Thanks, Garry.

Frank

• 1 month later...

Hello to everybody! :rolleyes:

Just a comment on the quality of the seeds of "Cold Plant" (China Gardening Nursery):

I bought seeds from Garry in China, last 3-4 weeks ago.....

2 species are germinated, trachycarpus Winsan and Princeps "green", You can see on the photo that they are germinated!!

Thanks to Garry for the very good quality of its seeds of palm tree ! I recommend !

Cyriak

post-3487-1241325471_thumb.jpgpost-3487-1241325576_thumb.jpg

• 6 months later...

Of the 12 debaoensis seeds (2 were bonus seeds) I received in January, 10 are already making a second set of leaves - amazing! I was so impressed with the germination ratio that I ordered another 27 debaoensis and 5 micholitzii seeds from Garry at Coldplant . This was in March - just before our winter started. So I didn't have too much hope to get the same success rate as I got with the first batch. But I put them in a sheltered area, and I am happy to say that 21 of the 27 debaoensis already have leaves. That is a very high percentage for winter, and I am so happy with the quality that I am ordering again! :)

Thank you customers for your order. Coldplant.comd has always been trying its best to provide the freshest quality seeds as we can and is now presenting new fresh seeds recently picked in November 2009 .

All the following prices include shipment around the world. Minimum Order:USD35

Cycad seeds

1.Cycas debaoensis,USD60/10 seeds

2.Cycas micholitzii,USD60/10 seeds

3.Cycas pectinnata,USD15/10 seeds

4.Cycas diannanensis,USD30/10seeds

cold hardy from the high altitude

5.Cycas panzhihuanensis,USD30/10seeds

bluish and cold hardy

6.Cycas changjiangensis,USD30/10seeds

Palm Seeds.

1. Trachycarpus fortunei Tesan,USD20/50seeds

2. Trachycarpus fortunei Winsan,USD20/50seeds

3. Trachycarpus princeps,USD10/10seeds

4. Trachycarpus princeps-green (Nova),USD20/50seeds

5. Trachycarpus nanus,USD2/10seeds

6. Rhapis excelsa,USD5/60seeds

7. Rhapis humilis, USD5/60seeds

8. Chuniophoenix hainanensis,USD9/30seeds

9.Chuniophoenix nana,USD8/30seeds

10.Arenga westerhoutii, USD9/30seeds

more beautiful and tidy clean leaves than those of Arenga pinnata

11. Arenga engleri,USD7/30seeds

12. Guihaia argyrata,USD9/60seeds

For more details, visit www.coldplant.com or contact info@coldplant.com

• 1 month later...

I get my seeds today, well packaged, less than ten days from China, I did not expect for them until early 2010. Good job Garry, Thanks.

jean-bernard

post-552-1262091280_thumb.jpg

Thank you customers for your order. Coldplant.comd has always been trying its best to provide the freshest quality seeds as we can and is now presenting new fresh seeds recently picked in November 2009 .

All the following prices include shipment around the world. Minimum Order:USD35

For more details, visit www.coldplant.com or contact info@coldplant.com

Jean-bernard

crazy sower

city : Nantes, France,

I ordered seeds from Garry last year, and was very happy with the results. Most seeds started germinating right away - the first batch of Trachy seeds I've ever had much luck with! They certainly must have been fresh, which was to be expected since he shipped them immediately after harvesting them.

Trachycarpus fortunei 'Winsan' Seedlings:

TrachycarpusWinsan.jpg

And as a bonus, they sent some seeds of the mountian form of 'Tesan' which had very large seeds, and the leaves are more robust than other trachys I'm growing, even as seedlings. I'm looking forward to seeing how these develop! Attached are photos of the regular form of Tesan (left), and the Mountain form of Tesan (right).

China Gardening Nursery has always responded quickly to my emails, and I look forward to ordering more seeds from them in the future. Thanks Garry!

post-3820-1262207319_thumb.jpgpost-3820-1262207173_thumb.jpg

Got palms?

Hi ,

Garry, you sell some Licuala dasyantha hardy to -7°C(19,4F), is it the cold hardiest Licuala? Can you tell a bit more on this palm?

Gilles06.

07690.gif

elevation 328 feet

distance from mediteranean sea 1,1 mile

lowest t° 2009/2010 : 27F

lowest t° 2008/2009 : 33F

lowest t° 2007/2008 : 32F

lowest t° 2006/2007 : 35F

lowest t° 2005/2006 : 27F

lowest t° 2004/2005 : 25F

Historical lowest t° 1985 : 18F

Hi ,

Garry, you sell some Licuala dasyantha hardy to -7°C(19,4F), is it the cold hardiest Licuala? Can you tell a bit more on this palm?

Gilles06.

Happy new year to you guys. May you good luck in the year of tiger 2009.

Hi Gilles06, I am not sure if it is the cold hardiest one, but it is a cold hardy one.

L.dasyantha, incorrectly known as Licuala radula before is a vulverable species now listed on the endangered and protected list.

It was first found in a limestone mountain as a small, clumping palmate palm up to 2m tall, with attractive mottled leaves,though not as highly developed as Mapu. It is monoecious (having separate male and female reproductive units on the same plant) whose seeds are mature in November .

Apart from other tropical Licuala, it has good cold hardiness based on the growing experiments reported. Say in 2002, the 1 year old seedling and adult palms did get notice any damage after 2 continuous raining days as low as -2C(28.4F) in Guilin City, Guangxi Province where the lowest temerpature goes down to -5C.

100_5353-2.jpg

What is more is that it has a variegated cousin Licuala spp. Nova with more apparent yellow dots sometimes forming a yellow band in the middle of the leaflets.The second difference is that L.nova is dioecious (having separate male and female plants) with seeds ripe in Feb-March

LicualasppNova2.jpg

Thanks for this report Garry.

07690.gif

elevation 328 feet

distance from mediteranean sea 1,1 mile

lowest t° 2009/2010 : 27F

lowest t° 2008/2009 : 33F

lowest t° 2007/2008 : 32F

lowest t° 2006/2007 : 35F

lowest t° 2005/2006 : 27F

lowest t° 2004/2005 : 25F

Historical lowest t° 1985 : 18F

• 2 weeks later...

We have received fresh seeds of Licuala dasyantha the last year , seeds of high quality , all the seeds have germinated .

50 seeds , 50 seedlings .

A very nice seller . :)

See you later Garry and Happy New Year 2010

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered some Trachycarpus fortunei 'winsan' and 'tesan' from Garry last spring. Garry offers some great hard to find seeds for very decent prices. The 'winsan' seeds arrived already germinating and the 'tesan' were soon to follow. I got nearly 100% germination from both batches of seeds!

T. fortunei 'winsan'

DSCN1123.jpg

T. fortunei 'tesan'

DSCN1125.jpg

Edited by fishmanejr

• 3 weeks later...

Got my Tesan, Winsan, and Green Princeps seeds last week, and as usual some were already sprouting in the bag! I had great germination last year, and hope to have the same this year!

Thanks Garry!

Got palms?

• 7 months later...

The following is a new list of fresh palm and cycad seeds for late 2010 which are to be harvested shortly ,as well as seedlings in stock now.

No big price fluctuation for most varieties.

Our seed products have been verified over the years by numerous customers around the world including members from IPS and EPS of which we are a part that they are of good and reliable germination , relatively cheaper price , fast delivery (within 2 days after order), safe arrival guaranteed and trustworthy service .The list below is being expanded from time to time.

Cycad Seeds

1.Cycas debaoensis

2.Cycas micholitzii

3.Cycas diananensis

4.Cycas szechuanesis

5.Cycas panzhihuanensis

6.Cycas miquelii

7.Cycas segmentifida

8.Cycas ferruginea

Palm Seeds

1.Trachycaprus fortunei Tesan

2.Trachycaprus fortunei Winsan

3.Trachycaprus wagnerianus

4.Trachycaprus princeps

5.Trachycaprus Nova (2 forms)

6.Rhapis excelsa

7.Rhapis humilis

8. Silver dwarf palm(Guihaia )

9. Licuala dasyantha,

pre-order is required for the best germination.

10.Chuniophoenix hainanensis

Cultivated cycad seedlings from seeds in stock now

1.Cycas debaoensis ,2-7cm diameter,1-4 years old

USD13/bulb, 1 year old.

2.Cycas micholtizii, 2-15cm diameter.

USD13/bulb, 1 year old.

3.Cycas multipinnata, 2-8cm diameter.

few limited.

3.Cycas changjiangensis,2-5cm diameter, 1-4 year sold

USD8/bulb, 1 year old.USD20/bulb,3-4cm diameter.

4.Cycas panzhihuanensis, 2-5cm diameter, 1-3 year sold.

USD30/bulb, 3-4cm diameter

5.Cycas miquelii, 20cm diameter

6.Cycas segmentidia, 20-40cm diameter.

For those who are interested in them, please contact us at cnnursery@yahoo.com or leave a message here.

Any customers taking the pre-order for seeds before the end of this month will receive some more bonus seeds worth 10% of their order value .

post-1154-048973500 1286937941_thumb.jpgpost-1154-070897000 1286937742_thumb.jpg

post-1154-038172700 1286937678_thumb.jpgpost-1154-000138400 1286937717_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

New Update:

Licuala dasyantha seeds are to be picked next week .

It is a tropical-looking but a cold hardy species of its genus.

Those who want to get the freshest seeds for the best germination please contact us asap

as the seeds can not be stored for very long time and decline in germination with time.

The normal germination is easy and pretty good as people reported.

USD90/100 seeds, including shipment by registered mail.

safe arrival guaranteed.

more photos and info.

http://www.pacsoa.org.au/palms/Licuala/dasyantha.html

http://www.palmtalk.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=25658&st=0&p=425013&hl=+licuala%20+dasyantha%20+&fromsearch=1&#entry425013

post-1154-074510900 1289987657_thumb.jpg

post-1154-061346700 1289987675_thumb.jpg

post-1154-009402900 1289987687_thumb.jpg

Garry,

Those are some amazing photos with this Licuala holding so many seeds. I'm impressed! I really look forward to recieving my package of seeds when their ready. Thanks!

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

• 2 weeks later...

Garry,

Those are some amazing photos with this Licuala holding so many seeds. I'm impressed! I really look forward to recieving my package of seeds when their ready. Thanks!

Hi Jeff,

The new fresh L.dasyantha seeds are finally ready and we have just sent out your ordered 220 seeds,together with those for other members after cleaning and selecting.

Watch for the registered parcel which may arrive there within 2 weeks or so.(the tracking number will be sent to you respectively)

The germination should be pretty good and easy based on our previous feedback and our own growing experience as they are newly picked.

Be free to contact me if you guys have any questions regarding the seeds.

Thanks for you guys' order.

Cheers. :rolleyes:

Garry

post-1154-081363000 1290937972_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

We have just expanded our supply of fresh palm, cycad and tree seeds as well as plants after collecting more species .You can see price and more nice photos on our newly updated website. www.coldplant.com

10% and more discounts are offered before the new year.

• 9 months later...

We are now taking pre-order for bulk of Rhapis excelsa ,R.humilis and Licuala dasyantha seeds

1. Licuala dasyantha, USD90/100 seeds, including shipment by registered mail and handling,to be collected in a month

2. Rhapis excelsa and humilis for wholesale, to be collected in half a month.

Please contact us for details at cnnursery@yahoo.com. or visit our website www.coldplant.com for photos and even register your email to receive the latest update regarding the seed availability time and price of other palm ,cycad ,bamboo and tree you might be interested in.

• 1 month later...

Right now most of our palm and cycad seeds are available fresh and mature at almost the same price as before ,10% discount is being offered before the middle of next month.

Palm Seeds

1. Trachycarpus princeps, stone gate, the real blue silver ON TOP bluesilverprinceps.jpg

2. Trachycarpus nova, a new undescribed in the wild novainthewild23.jpg see details My link

3. Trachycarpus fortunei

4. Trachycarpus fortunei Tesan

5. Trachycarpus fortunei Winsan

6. Trachycarpus nanus

7. Licuala dasyantha, the most hardy licuala with mottled leaves like Mapu

8. Chuniophoenix hainanensis, a rare and elegant palm chuniophoenixhainanensi.jpg

9. Arenga westerhoutii

10. Arenga tremula

11. Phoenix roebelenii,solitary, cultivated

12. Phoenix roebelenii, clumping ,wild

13. Ptychostperma macarthurii

14. Schippia concolor

15. Carpentaria acuminata

16. Rhapis excelsa

17. Rhapis humilis

Cycad Seeds or Seedlings

1. Cycas debaoensis

2. Cycas micholitzii

3. Cycas multipinnata cycasmultipinnata2.jpg

4 Cycas panzhihuanensis, one of the most cold hardy cycads with bluish leaves

5. Cycas segmentifida, new rare one

6. Cycas diannanensis

7. Cycas changjiangensis

8 Cycas fairylakea, new rare one

For more photos of how these palm and cycad look like in habitat and cultivation, please click our newly updated website www.coldplant.com

Hi I am Dr Manoj Kumar from New Delhi , India. Last Year October I purchased some C.debaoensis and C Micholitzi seeds from Garry. The quality of seeds received was excellent and some of them were germinating already. The seeds were true to species and well packaged. All my queries were replied to my satisfaction. It was a pleasure to do business with him and i plan to further buy some seeds of c multipinnata from him this year. Highly recomendded seller. thanks garry

dr manoj

post-5020-039569200 1322380389_thumb.jpg

Edited by manoj

• 3 weeks later...