IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

KW Palms - Kevin Weaver

PALM MOD

42 members have voted

1. 1. RATE THIS GROWER

• POSITIVE - I have had a positive experience and would recommend this grower. (Comment Optional)
    • NEGATIVE - I have had a negative experience and would not recommend this grower (Comment Required)

PLEASE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE ABOVE RULES BEFORE REGISTERING FEEDBACK.

Thanks to those of you who help make this a fun and friendly forum.

Kevin is a great grower, very knowledgeable, and excellent pricing, I wouldnt hesitate to buy again from Kevin!

Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.

Abraham Lincoln

The way of the transgressor is hard

I buy a lot from Kevin and have never had a bad experience. Great prices, great plants, and a great person, you can't go wrong.

Matt

Matt in Temecula, CA

Hot and dry in the summer, cold with light frost in the winter. Halfway between the desert and ocean

Quite possibly the best size to cost ratio in Southern California! A very good cross section af plants at INCREDIBLE prices!

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

i agree with all the comments posted thus far.i had a positive experience buying from kevin,the plants were well-grown & the prices are excellent.i would definitely buy more palms from kevin.

the "prince of snarkness."

still "warning-free."

san diego,california,left coast.

The only way it could be better is if Kevin paid you to take the plants . . . . .

Topnotch selection, lots of great stuff in his greenhouse.

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

• 3 weeks later...

Loved doing business with Kevin 2 yrs ago.

C from NC

:)

Bone dry summers, wet winters, 2-3 days ea. winter in low teens.

Siler City, NC

• 1 month later...

The only regret I have about KW is I spent my money on a water heater and can't go down there this weekend . . . . .

SERIOUSLY!

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

Stopped by Kevin's on Saturday and was overwhelmed by his selection. Really nice guy!!! Too bad he is so so far from Santa Clarita :( . I guess that is a good thing because I would be over there every day. It is true what Dave said ... "The only way it could be better is if Kevin paid you to take the plants" I completely AGREE 200%!!!

My Santa Clarita Oasis

"delectare et movere"

he is far from EVERYWHERE! :lol:

seriously, i was there,too,this weekend braving the horrendous heat & bought a buncha plants--second time in the last few months so thats gotta tell ya something!

:greenthumb:

still "warning-free."

he is far from EVERYWHERE! :lol:

seriously, i was there,too,this weekend braving the horrendous heat & bought a buncha plants--second time in the last few months so thats gotta tell ya something!

:greenthumb:

He is not far from Temecula.

Matt in Temecula, CA

Hot and dry in the summer, cold with light frost in the winter. Halfway between the desert and ocean

i said "everywhere." :bemused:

still "warning-free."

i said "everywhere." :bemused:

No soup for you Pohono

Kevin Rocks (just to keep it on topic)

Matt in Temecula, CA

Its true. Its hot there. And Paul and Bob and Tim and Henry and Greg and Kevin and I and...were all there at the same time Saturday. So.....where was I?

Oh yeah, it was hot.

I was the driver with the one plant purchase that cost the same as my two passengers purchases....

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

Kevin has a great selection to chose from and his prices are incredible :drool: . It's true it is a long drive from San Diego but worth every mile. Kevin's palms and cycads are top notch and there are some real gems lurking there if you look closely. :winkie:

I went with Paul and "side trip" Bill and had a great time. I would defiantly go again.

Great palms

Great cycads

Great prices

Great guy...nuf said.

more palms, less bombs!

i love how bob would "DEFIANTLY" go again! :D

what a rebel! :floor:

i gotta call him right now & give him a hard time about it haw haw haw...

still "warning-free."

Excellent palms, cycads and prices! I'll have to drive a truck to visit next time.

• 4 weeks later...

I bought a Dioon mejiae & dypsisn plumosa from Kevin. Great prices and very friendly. I'll be back soon.

Mark Byrne

Yorba Linda, CA

• 3 months later...

Stopped by Kevin's twice last week, to find lots of great palms and cycads at unbeliveable prices! Kevin is a very cool, melow and experienced palm grower, and it is always worth the trip to his place!

• 4 months later...

I went shopping at Kevin's place on Tuesday after reading all the reviews here, and my experience was also wonderful. For those of you who will visit on weekdays, Kevin do have a regular job but he is usually back home after 3pm. He is very friendly and knowledgeable. He showed me all of his greenhouses that were packed with plants, yet he said the stock level is low because a group of guys bought a lot over the weekend. It is hard for me to imagine how much more he could pack into his greenhouses, which are already spreading to his cross-street neighbor's backyard. Right before I left, I asked Kevin about Butia archeri and he said he just had one 5g left for $30. Even though I only planned to buy smaller plants so that they can fit in my car for the trip back home to the Bay Area, I had to make an exception for this beauty and this great deal. I highly recommend Kevin's place for palm and cycad lovers.

Fragrant Hill Design

www.fragranthill.com

Mountain View, California

• 4 months later...

We stopped at Kevin's on short notice after the Darian meeting and had to move the luggage ont people laps to accommodate the palms we bought. Great selection, great prices, very knowledgeable. Next time I go, it will be with a trailer!

John Case

Brentwood CA

Owner and curator of Hana Keu Garden

USDA Zone 9b more or less, Sunset Zone 14 in winter 9 in summer

"Its always exciting the first time you save the world. Its a real thrill!"

We stopped at Kevin's on short notice after the Darian meeting and had to move the luggage ont people laps to accommodate the palms we bought. Great selection, great prices, very knowledgeable. Next time I go, it will be with a trailer!

Show us what you got!

Show us what you got!

Photos to follow....B. nobilis and Liviston rigida

John Case

Brentwood CA

Show us what you got!

Photos to follow....B. nobilis and Liviston rigida

The L. rigida is in ground and reflecting the light poorly, in person it is much more stunning. The B. nobilis will be part of a projet journal on the intermarital politics of planting what will be a very large (hopefully) palm.

post-646-12798194185202_thumb.jpg

post-646-12798194386795_thumb.jpg

John Case

Brentwood CA

• 1 month later...

Kevin is the "man" when it comes to palms per dollar. I'm glad he lives in B.F.E. Too bad he's such a jerk though.biggrin.gif..... Ha ha Kevin!

MM

• 2 months later...

I bought the following cycads from Kevin in the Summer of 2009:

E. manikensis

Two E. transvenosus

E. piet retief

E. sclavoi

E. lehmanii

Two Macrozamia Johnsonii

I got a good deal on them and they are all thriving in my backyard. Kevin is the best and I always recommend him to anyone looking for someone that is knowledgeable, trustworthy and looking for a great price.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Today I went to KW Palms and had a fantastic experience. Kevin sells beautiful palms for amazing prices. I can't believe the deals he has. He was very knowledgeable and patient with all of my questions. I really appreciate it when people are patient and take the time to explain things to me, since it doesn't always happen when I go to nurseries. Kevin was pleasant, patient and expert in his knowledge of what to buy and what would survive in my area. As an added bonus I got to meet Dave from So-Cal who was also very helpful and knowledgeable. Needless to say, I had a great time, learned a lot about palms and would very, very highly recommend this nursery to anyone.

• 2 years later...

Kevin is a great guy who knows his palms and cycads. I have visited his place on numerous occasions and have always found hidden treasures. His selection varies quite a bit from visit to visit, but there is always a large number of plants available from seedlings to mature specimens. A bonus is that his pricing is very competitive

• 1 year later...

I love shopping over at Kevin's so much cool stuff plants are always changing depending on what sprouting up at the time I visit. Real good price on palm and cycads. Real nice guy Kevin will let me know whether or not a plant will even grow were I want to plant it.

• 5 years later...

Had a great time at Kevins place. Lots of treasures... great deals... and enjoyed the company. Ill be back for sure. 

Dave

Riverside, CA Z 9b

1700 ft. elevation

approx 40 miles inland

• 1 year later...

I visited Kevin today for the first time ever. Very nice man, patient with my asking of what is this and that. I went through the many greenhouses he has. I was amazed at how many palms I didn't have already. I am new to this and I picked up 20 plus palms/cycads and couldn't resist a couple of cycads as he has alot of varieties of that also. Kevin is a very knowledgeable grower and the prices were just right and I will be back again because I'm sure I missed a few.