Jungle Music Nursery

For advertising opportunities on PalmTalk click HERE

Photo

South Coast Palms - Gary Wood

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: South Coast Palms - Gary Wood (19 member(s) have cast votes)

RATE THIS GROWER

1. POSITIVE - I have had a positive experience and would recommend this grower. (Comment Optional) (18 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. NEGATIVE - I have had a negative experience and would not recommend this grower (Comment Required) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 PALM MOD

PALM MOD

• Administrator
  • 2,770 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 10:12 PM

PLEASE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE ABOVE RULES BEFORE REGISTERING FEEDBACK.
Thanks to those of you who help make this a fun and friendly forum.

PalmTalk Advertising

#2 doubravsky

doubravsky

• IPS MEMBER
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 08:05 AM

I've been to Gary's 3 times.. always received great plants at a great price!
Dave

Riverside, CA Z 9b
1700 ft. elevation
approx 40 miles inland

#3 DoomsDave

DoomsDave

Dave of the Dead

• IPS DIRECTOR
  • 22,924 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 05:48 PM

Ah, Gary's place!

Been there more times than some guys have seen their wives . . .

Just to buy palms.

He doesn' t have the selection that the Hawaiian growers or JD Andersen do, but what he's got seriously rocks, because there's no greenhouse shrink, because there's no greenhouse. Gary's plants are hard-grown, under shadecloth only, which means if they survive for him, they'll survive for you. I t doesn't hurt that a lot of the "parents" are on the property . . . .

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data.  Other terms may apply.

#4 DoomsDave

DoomsDave

Dave of the Dead

• IPS DIRECTOR
  • 22,924 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 11:50 AM

I add that Gary's place was and remains my first stop for palm shopping in San Diego county . . .

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data.  Other terms may apply.

#5 Fallbrook Jason

Fallbrook Jason

• IPS MEMBER
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 07:59 PM

Gary offers great prices on his palms and it's nice to know they won't shrink back when I plant them or take a year or more to get going.

#6 Palm crazy

Palm crazy

• FORUM MEMBER
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 08:06 AM

Gary has the best prices over the internet and is very friendly and helpful, love going to his place and looking at his rare palm collection. Highly recommend him for a visit and has one of the fastest turn arounds for mail order too. Thanks Gary for your help!

Last seven winter lows… 12F, 15F, 15F, 26F, 25F, 16F, 21F.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users