IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

PiousPalms - William DeBoe

John in Andalucia

PiousPalms - William DeBoe  

36 members have voted

1. 1. RATE THIS GROWER

• POSITIVE - I have had a positive experience and would recommend this grower. (Comment Optional)
    • NEGATIVE - I have had a negative experience and would not recommend this grower (Comment Required)

Bill's palms are top quality & very well grown! Every one of his palms is babied & it shows. As a plus Bill is very knowledgeable & willing to share. A great guy & great prices. :D

"If you need me, I'll be outside" -Randy Wiesner Palm Beach County, Florida Zone 10Bish

Bills palms rock....

Only person Ive ever found thats willing to ship a 5 gal pot

and did a dang fine job to boot!

Allen

Galveston Island Tx

9a/9b

8' Elevation

Sandy Soil

Jan Avgs 50/62

Jul Avgs 80/89

Average Annual Rainfall 43.5"

I have purchased two palms from Bill, both Tahina seedlings. If it weren't for him, I probably wouldn't have one, and since I'll be donating mine to my uncle down in South Florida once they get a little bigger, he wouldn't get the opportunity to grow them if it weren't for Bill. I'm not sure if Bill has a mail order business, but if he does I wouldn't hesitate to order more palms.

Cincinnati, Ohio USA & Mindo, Ecuador

I have purchased several palms from Bill and all have done well.

Ron

Wellington, Florida

Zone 11 in my mind

Zone 10a 9a in reality

13miles West of the Atlantic in Palm Beach County

Bill is a great guy. He helped me pick out some fantastic palms, then even arranged for me to pick them up while he was out of town. His prices and quality of palms are outstanding, and he has assisted with information after the sale too. First class vendor.

Gig 'Em Ags!

David '88

• 2 months later...

I've bought from Bill several times. Lovely palms, as advertised. A straight-up guy and honest seller who gives me no grief, no snark and no attitude. I will definitely buy from him again.

Meg

Palms of Victory I shall wear

Cape Coral (It's Just Paradise)
Florida
Zone 10A on the Isabelle Canal
Elevation: 15 feet

I'd like to be under the sea in an octopus' garden in the shade.

I have purchased two palms from Bill, both Tahina seedlings. If it weren't for him, I probably wouldn't have one, and since I'll be donating mine to my uncle down in South Florida once they get a little bigger, he wouldn't get the opportunity to grow them if it weren't for Bill. I'm not sure if Bill has a mail order business, but if he does I wouldn't hesitate to order more palms.

Now that's a good story. That's what it's all about.

Jeff

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

• 4 weeks later...

I have visited Bill's setup in Lantana, and he has put a lot of work into keeping everything in top shape. You will get what you pay for if you buy from Bill.

Christian Faulkner

Venice, Florida - South Sarasota County.

www.faulknerspalms.com

Μολὼν λάβε

Sent an extra plant along with an already unbelievable deal. The palms were expertly packaged and obviously grown with TLC. Highly recommended.

Fordoche, LA

USDA zone 8b

National Arbor Day zone 9

AHS zone 9

Sunset zone 28

Gulf Coast climate with long hot and humid growing season, but short winters are cold and wet with several frosts. Typical lowest temp of between 22F-26F each winter with around a dozen or so nights below freezing.

I ordered some 5G Dypsis leptiochelos last week, these palms arrive to Spain in 2 days and in 5 days I had them in my hands,very good packing and really big palms. Very recomendable seller.

Malaga, South Spain 'Costa del Sol'  Zone 10b

08482.gif

I ordered 2 Flamethrowers and a Wallichia from Bill.

They arrived quickly and are in great condition. They will be going in the ground this weekend.

John Case

Brentwood CA

Owner and curator of Hana Keu Garden

USDA Zone 9b more or less, Sunset Zone 14 in winter 9 in summer

"Its always exciting the first time you save the world. Its a real thrill!"

WARNING....Bill must be crazy selling seedlings this cheap.

Hope his insanity is contagious

:D

The Palm Mahal

Hollywood Fla

• 3 weeks later...
Sent an extra plant along with an already unbelievable deal. The palms were expertly packaged and obviously grown with TLC. Highly recommended.

Ditto - couldn't have said it any better.

I have bought a number of out of the ordinary palms from Bill such as Socratea,Red v,V. splendida and they were tremendously priced and continue healthy.

What you look for is what is looking

• 4 weeks later...

This guy sells some of the best small palms I have ever seen. I bought from him recently and I was amazed at how good a deal I got. I will buy from him again.

David

Knowledgable, accommodating, great communicator who obviously loves what he does with palms (and is increidibly good at it). Thanks, Bill. I look forward to seeing your set up in person down the road.

Tom

Baltimore, Maryland

I can't recommend Bill enough as a palm seller. I recently bought a huge 2 gallon Chambeyronia macrocarpa from him at an incredible price. The guy is a class act.

Cincinnati, Ohio USA & Mindo, Ecuador

• 1 month later...

I ordered 2 sale palms from Bill. They were large, well packaged, and arrived quickly for a cheap price. I would definitely purchase from Bill again.

Clay

South Padre Island, Zone 10b until the next vortex.

• 4 weeks later...

What an amazing shopping experience! Prompt responses to questions, fantastic prices and fast shipping. The root system on these were huge. No need to go to big box stores with Bill's price, selection and great customer service. Highly recommended and I will be back for more! Thanks Bill!

:)

• 7 months later...

Got my trunking Licuala mapu today. Exactly as in the picture. Packed extremely well for the winter shipment. Hope I can keep it as happy as it looks now!! Great paking job Bill!!