• WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Multiflora Enterprises - Bill Skimina

John in Andalucia

Multiflora Enterprises - Bill Skimina  

16 members have voted

1. 1. RATE THIS GROWER

• POSITIVE - I have had a positive experience and would recommend this grower. (Comment Optional)
    • NEGATIVE - I have had a negative experience and would not recommend this grower (Comment Required)

Bill is a very underated grower and offers rare and common palms at a great price. Always make a trip to Multiflora a couple times a year.

San Marcos CA

I wish Bill had stayed "off the radar" a little longer. I could have had even more palms! Great palms at awesome prices!

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

I think Bill has kind of been "our little secret" for awhile. The 3 5-gallon palms I bought from him would have been potted up to 15's by most nurseries. Even Florida folks would approve.

Zone 9b/10a, Sunset Zone 22

7 miles inland. Elevation 120ft (37m)

Average annual low temp: 30F (-1C)

Average annual rainfall: 8" (20cm)

I wish Bill had stayed "off the radar" a little longer. I could have had even more palms! Great palms at awesome prices!

You were the one that took him off the radar! Rusty and I were enjoying all the rare goodies till shon brought you there. :mrlooney:

Encinitas on a hill 1.5 miles from the ocean.

• 2 years later...

love this place. ran into bill at the swap meet. his prices are great and so are the quality of his plants. very nice guy who will flat out tell you the truth if a palm will do well in your local. ive picked up over 25 palms from bill so far and all have done great. when im looking for any type of palm i call bill first.

"it's not dead it's sleeping"

Santee ca, zone10a/9b

18 miles from the ocean

avg. winter 68/40.avg summer 88/64.records 113/25

I agree, with everything above. Multiflora has become one of my favorite nurseries and I've definitely found some treasures there. Everything is very well taken care of and acclimates very quickly for me.

• 7 months later...

good stuff from bill especially if you are looking for a Butia compacta or a seedling from his Sabal causarum growing in his front yard. also, lots of other plants for around the yard-thanks bill

"I'm not crazy. It's not knowing what I don't know that drives me insane"

Patrick

pfancy01@gmail.com

• 1 year later...

Bill drove out and delivered a couple large palms and a few smaller ones and all came in great shape. not only did he deliver but he helped me drop the 8' palm into the hole I dug out, treated it, and made sure I knew what I was doing. the other large plant I got was a 15g but was massive, sometimes I don't see 24" boxes with a plant this large. I didn't get the liberty to pick out my own palms since I wasn't able to make it out to the nursery but bill picked amazing specimens for me. I know i'll be seeing Bill again soon

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...