IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

D’Asign Source Botanicals - Keith Buttry

John in Andalucia

D’Asign Source Botanicals - Keith Buttry  

28 members have voted

1. 1. RATE THIS GROWER

• POSITIVE - I have had a positive experience and would recommend this grower. (Comment Optional)
    • NEGATIVE - I have had a negative experience and would not recommend this grower (Comment Required)

This is a great nursery that is located right up the road from me and is one of my favorites. Both Ray and Keith are great people to work with and will spend a lot of time helping you with selecting palms and tropicals that meet your landscape design. I have purchased about 40 palms ranging from 3g to 45g from them and all have done well. This nursery is definitely worth the drive if you are coming from outside Palm Beach County.

Ron

Wellington, Florida

Zone 11 in my mind

Zone 10a 9a in reality

13miles West of the Atlantic in Palm Beach County

I have driven down 240 miles from Tampa, FL to deal with them, always worth the trip!! Thanks guys!

"Randy" IPS member # 150229

Dover, FL (West of Plant City, FL)

120 feet above sea level

Average Yearly Rainfall is 51.17 inches per year

Average Summer Temp 83F

Average Winter Temp 62F

USDA Zone 9a/9b

Dover.gif

This is a nursery I can recommend even though I haven't purchased anything, yet. I was going to have them ship me some palms in October...but Keith talked me out of it, recommending I wait till the spring. How is that for honesty and taking care of the customer? He didn't pressure me to buy so he would get the money now. I'm impressed.

Gig 'Em Ags!

David '88

• 3 months later...

huge selection, excellent quality, and the prices are hard to beat. Also, the service is unbelievable. The last time i was there Ray spent 3 hours with me which isnt easy because i change my mind about every 30 seconds.

• 2 months later...

I have to reiterate the above praise for the folks at D'asign. Very knowledgeable, friendly staff, and a great selection of Palms. It is worth stopping by just to see the shadehouse, as it contains some magnificent specimens not often seen in cultivation down here. The prices are very reasonable too. One of my new favorite nurseries.

• 3 weeks later...

I have dealt with D'Asign on several different occaisions. Everyone there was helpful and patient with my often novice questions. Their facility is large and maintained. The selection here is overwhelming and I would certainly reccomend any one to purchase material here.

• 6 months later...

I bought a Beccariophoenix sp. ''Windows'' from D'Assign Soure Botanicals and i am very happy with the palm i got and their customer care :) The palm was as big as said and sent very well packed and Michelle was very helpfull and assisting to a customs problem that arrouse. All in all a great nursery i will be buying from again. Great prices and big sizes of rare palms availiable! Michelle is a great guy too :)

''To try,is to risk failure.......To not try,is to guarantee it''

• 2 months later...

One of the best palm buying experiences I have ever had! I let them know I was coming and they took time to show me the nursery and help me pick out the best of the plants! Prices are outrageously low also! Cant wait to go back!

-Krishna

-Krishna

Kailua, Oahu HI. Near the beach but dry!

Still have a garden in Zone 9a Inland North Central Florida (Ocala)

• 1 year later...

I have purchased from this nursery and it was a great experience.

Palm Beach Palm and Cycad Society Member (IPS Affiliate)

North Palm Beach

• 8 months later...

Purchased another great plant (Cycad) today, great selection, wonderful people, I’m very lucky to have this nursery so close to my house!!! :D

Palm Beach Palm and Cycad Society Member (IPS Affiliate)

North Palm Beach

• 1 month later...

Picked up a beast of a Cycad(Dioon) last month for what seemed like a steal for the price...Great people too.

• 3 months later...

Visited this nursery today and bought a few palms. Great selection and Elizabeth was very knowledgable and helpful. Cant wait to go back without my kids and tour the whole place.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

bought through mail order and got exactly what i ordered. the plants looked amazing when they were delivered and now a month after delivery!

• 5 weeks later...

I recently bought several palms from Elizabeth. They are all wonderful and planted out. She is very nice and helpful. I took some friends there another day and recommended her to some other friends. While not open on Saturday, she did offer to stay late for them during the week.

Palmmermaid

Kitty Philips

West Palm Beach, FL

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Do they have plants that may not be listed on their website? I tried to look for an email address on their site but could not find one. Was wondering if they still might have Butia paraguayensis?

David Simms zone 9a on Highway 30a

200 steps from the Gulf in NW Florida

30 ft. elevation and sandy soil

I just had contact with Elizabeth and acquired about this. She asked for you to call the nursery. She is the BEST!