IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Wal's Palms in Pots

Walter John

19 members have voted

1. 1. rate me

• POSITIVE - I have had a positive experience and would recommend this songwriter (comment optional)
    • NEGATIVE - I have had a negative experience and would not recommend this shyster (comment required)

We fill 'em - You kill 'em

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

Wal,

I've been silent through the entire discussion. But I could'nt pass up this one. I appreciate the, ah, color the you add to the forum.

Bret

Bret

Coastal canyon area of San Diego

"In the shadow of the Cross"

NEUTRAL,NEUTRAL,NEUTRAL,NEUTRAL,NEUTRAL,NEUTRAL,NEUTRAL,NEUTRAL,NEUTRAL,NEUTRAL,

NEUTRAL,NEUTRAL,NEUTRAL,NEUTRAL,NEUTRAL,NEUTRAL,NEUTRAL,NEUTRAL,NEUTRAL,NEUTRAL,

NEUTRAL,

:mrlooney: (see below this text, I removed some neutrals)

Edited by BS Man about Palms

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

I didn't know Wal is a songwriter... :huh:

About the "shyster" word: aehm :blush: I had to look that up in a dictionary. Why in the whole world could you come up with that term????

Sorry, couldn't vote :mrlooney:

40270.gif

Greetings from Amman/Jordan

Simona

I voted NO as I've seen Wal in action singing to his palms.

As for palms, I got a well grown Attalea cohune off him today.

Gold Coast, Queensland Latitude 28S. Mild, Humid Subtropical climate. Rainfall - not consistent enough!

Where's the Mr Grumpy icon? Oh, maybe this? :badday:

Kim Cyr

Between the beach and the bays, Point Loma, San Diego, California USA
and on a 300 year-old lava flow, Pahoa, Hawaii, 1/4 mile from the 2018 flow
All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Look, sure I sold a few misnamed palms in the past but that's just where it is, in the past. I know that I should know the difference between a Phoenix and an Archontophoenix and a Cyphophoenix and that the seeds turned out wrong, you try sorting out all these bloody things, there's over 2000 palms you know, so don't blame me for the wrong IDs, struth, I'm providing the product, you work out what it is, I'm too busy with all this paper work and......"what? what was that love ?....another seed has shot ?.........ah, just put it with those other ones, I don't have any more tags, use the lipstick palm ones, there's plenty of those in the corner, none of those seeds popped open."

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

I like his business name and motto.

Meg

Palms of Victory I shall wear

Cape Coral (It's Just Paradise)
Florida
Zone 10A on the Isabelle Canal
Elevation: 15 feet

I'd like to be under the sea in an octopus' garden in the shade.

Wal....

the red palm you sold me that looks like a tube of lipstick now looks like rotting pumpkin. I dutifully followed the instructions you sent with the plant:

1. dig hole

2. stick in ground

yet the plant has died. what is your refund policy?

Hi Guys,

After getting some half dead Palms from Wal, he promised to replace them, well

that never happened but In replacement Wal promised that he would at least give me

some "fresh" Road Kill. That arrived but Freshly Frozing from 6 months ago Doesn't count Wal

and to date I'm still waiting for that to even be replaced......... :angry::lol::P

Cheers Mikey......

M.H.Edwards

"Living in the Tropic's

And loving it".............. smilie.gif

:rolleyes: There is a limit to the abuse I can take Wal , Nut taking anymore :unsure:

Michael in palm paradise,

Tully, wet tropics in Australia, over 4 meters of rain every year.

Home of the Golden Gumboot, its over 8m high , our record annual rainfall.

post-641-1228270331_thumb.jpgpost-641-1228270372_thumb.jpgGreat seller, highly reccomend. I couldnt be happier with my lodicia maldivica (double coconut) that I recieved from Wal. As you can see it is an oversized 1 gallon that looks well grown. For the $900 he charged I could not even buy an ungerminated seed.

JC

Wal sold me some deformed siamese twin Coconut seed that looked like a woman's rear end bending over in the garden. What a waste of my $10. I tossed it in the trash and wrote it off to wisdom learned.

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

I liked his video :yay:

Thanks pal, it took a while to make, I appreciate your kudos. You probably didn't realise but that actually is a real crocodile I step over as I sing my theme song with the MattyB soldier poster in the background. The next release should be in stereo too.

I'll get back to everyone who feels they have been gyped, I have to rest now.

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

Hi Guys,

After getting some half dead Palms from Wal, he promised to replace them, well

that never happened but In replacement Wal promised that he would at least give me

some "fresh" Road Kill. That arrived but Freshly Frozing from 6 months ago Doesn't count Wal

and to date I'm still waiting for that to even be replaced......... :angry::lol::P

Cheers Mikey......

You might see them as half dead, I see them as half alive, that's 50% Mikey, can't get much fairer than that, sorry about the roadkill though, I couldn't help myself with the fresh one I had, and I was hungry and so was my neighbour who's doing it tough, so we ate it , I did think of you, that must count for something. :blink:

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

As promised, this thread is now closed. :(

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

Is it really? Am I now stuck in some 3rd dimension?

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

Is it really? Am I now stuck in some 3rd dimension?

Hi Wal ,

You can't leave Bill Hanging out in that 3rd dimenion, I won't... so to keep this

thread going and Bill around :mrlooney: .......... Hey that live Croc will do as far as fresh road kill goes.. well

not road kill but I'd call it even if ya send me one of those MR 50% Man. I'd even skin it myself. Yummy send it my way Wal

what a feast that would be...... :rolleyes: just don't tell the E.P.A. ha ha ha...

are you Back in the real world now Bill... If not DEAN stop Wal Now :hmm:

Cheers Guys..... Regards Mikey

M.H.Edwards

"Living in the Tropic's

I bought several Washingtonia filiferas from Wal for a landscaping job here in San Diego, CA USA. He shipped the one gallon palms in a timely mannor but now 43 years later they are exibiting signs of fusarium wilt, a problem I attribut to Wal's poor growing practices. Why would you ship me such an infected palm? I would warn anyone considering purchasing a palm from Wal to beware! When he sings his eyes are dreamy too, and he made me think naughty thoughts. :huh:

post-126-1228858609_thumb.jpg

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Spring Valley, CA (8.5 miles inland from San Diego Bay)

10B on the hill (635 ft. elevation)

9B in the canyon (520 ft. elevation)

I heard Wal is running a special on bush meat and road kill as well :lol: You kill em and wal will grill em :mrlooney: .

Stevo

Urban Rainforest Palms,Cycads and Exotics. Were in San Diego Ca. about 5 miles from the beach on Tecolote canyon. It seems to be an ideal growing climate with moderate temps. and very little frost. Vacation Rental in Leilani Estates, big island Hi PM me if interested in staying there.

I bought several Washingtonia filiferas from Wal for a landscaping job here in San Diego, CA USA. He shipped the one gallon palms in a timely mannor but now 43 years later they are exibiting signs of fusarium wilt, a problem I attribut to Wal's poor growing practices. Why would you ship me such an infected palm? I would warn anyone considering purchasing a palm from Wal to beware! When he sings his eyes are dreamy too, and he made me think naughty thoughts. :huh:

Okay, enough's enough, you've brought me out of my hiding place and......................hey, .......these aren't my shorts ! :hmm:

where was I ? oh that's right, my reputation appears to be on a cliff edge here, as a herd of mastodons stampedes towards it. Geez, how will this end ?

Now lookey here and see

This trash from Matty B

This has given me a tumor

It's plain old vicious rumour

It needs to be a squashie

I never sold a washie

So never doubt this grower

Who sailed with the sailor Noah

And.....................

to be continued...

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

Okay, enough's enough, you've brought me out of my hiding place and......................hey, .......these aren't my shorts ! :hmm:

where was I ? oh that's right, my reputation appears to be on a cliff edge here, as a herd of mastodons stampedes towards it. Geez, how will this end ?

Now lookey here and see

This trash from Matty B

This has given me a tumor

It's plain old vicious rumour

It needs to be a squashie

I never sold a washie

So never doubt this grower

Who sailed with the sailor Noah

And.....................

to be continued...

Good One Wal keep going , it's not like you to leave something half Finished

Hey I want my Croc...............

Cheers Dude, Mikey

M.H.Edwards

"Living in the Tropic's

And........

Jimmy...

Jimmy..

Hey Jimmy Mack....

When are you comin' back

"I know someone else wrote that, I was just doing some warm up singing".

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

• 1 year later...

:):D wal............what business is this??

Singing..................... I am not to sure about this one. :rolleyes:

Sunshine Coast Queensland Australia

Minimum 3.C -------- maximum 43.C Average Annual Rainfall 1700mm

IPS Membership since 1991

PLANT MORE PALMS TO SOOTH THE SOUL

www.utopiapalmsandcycads.com