RarePalmSeeds

Photo

Ken Johnson Specimen Palms - Ken Johnson

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Poll: Ken Johnson Specimen Palms - Ken Johnson (23 member(s) have cast votes)

RATE THIS GROWER

1. POSITIVE - I have had a positive experience and would recommend this grower. (Comment Optional) (23 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. NEGATIVE - I have had a negative experience and would not recommend this grower (Comment Required) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 John in Andalucia

John in Andalucia

• FORUM MEMBER
  • 3,713 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 01:26 PM

Ken grows large specimen palms for landscaping, and is an expert in moving and transplanting. Located in Miami, Florida.

PalmTalk Advertising

#2 Jeff Searle

Jeff Searle

Camp #3- Marojejy Mtns.

• IPS MEMBER
  • 9,792 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 05:14 AM

Here in South Florida, when someone wants to move a big palm, Ken Johnson is one of the leading experts and has moved thousands of palms with no problems. And.....he has a nice selection of field grown Carribbean palms that he offers.

Jeff
Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.
and The Rainforest Collection.
Southwest Ranches,Fl.

#3 cfkingfish

cfkingfish

• IPS MEMBER
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 12:04 AM

Ken is not only a close business associate of mine, but a great friend I have made in the world of palms. If you need a specimen palm dug for sale or transplant, I don't think you could ask for someone better, nor as adamant in his work. I don't think you can find a 40 foot of clear wood Borassus anywhere else ready for planting than at Ken's!
Christian Faulkner
Venice, Florida - South Sarasota County.
www.faulknerspalms.com

Μολὼν λάβε

#4 bubba

bubba

• IPS MEMBER
  • 4,843 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 06:22 PM

I have yet to purchase a Palm from Ken but having seen his Palms,I am saving up.
"Be kind, for everyone you encounter is fighting a great battle."
Philo

#5 waykoolplantz

waykoolplantz

• IPS MEMBER
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 05:59 AM

I havent been to Ken's...but with his recently reduced prices...a trip is in order.

My bro-in-law had Ken move his collection a few years ago...i was impressed by his organization and all transplants survived

You open on weekends Ken?
PalmBooGarden

Hollywood Fla

#6 Ken Johnson

Ken Johnson

• IPS DIRECTOR
  • 4,055 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 09:56 AM

I havent been to Ken's...but with his recently reduced prices...a trip is in order.

My bro-in-law had Ken move his collection a few years ago...i was impressed by his organization and all transplants survived

You open on weekends Ken?

Anyone that wants to visit can call me any time. My number is at the bottom of every post. I am often away digging up palms but I can arrange visits for most any time. Most of the palms I sell are big so you can pick them out and I will deliver when you are ready.
I DIG PALMS
Call me anytime to chat about transplanting palms.
305-345-8918
https://www.facebook...KenJohnsonPalms

#7 PiousPalms

PiousPalms

Moe'uhane Oihana mahi ai

• IPS MEMBER
  • 5,060 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 08:19 AM

Althought I have not purchased anything from Ken I have had positive experiences business experinces with him. Ken is the authority in SoFla on large palms, both growing and transplanting. He can arrange for large palms to be transported virtually anywhere and will do so with the professionalism you would expect. I recommend Ken Johnson Specimen Palms.

William DeBoe

Aloha mai no, aloha aku; o ka huhu ka mea e ola 'ole ai.

When love is given, love should be returned; anger is the thing that gives no life.

#8 bayside mike

bayside mike

• IPS MEMBER
  • 274 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 04:10 AM

When I was first getting into the palm growing business, Ken helped my brother-in-law and I out, any way he could.
He would drop by our place from time to time and give us valuable tips and info. Thinking back, we were pretty lucky to have a friend like him,
just starting out.
If your ever in the area, or not to far away, go check him out. He's one of the best. :)

Bayside Tree Farms is located in Homestead Florida USA
(305) 245-9544

#9 peachy

peachy

• IPS MEMBER
  • 2,737 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 03:56 AM

After seeing the occasional photo and posts by Ken, I think its about time he migrated to sunny Queensland so old ladies like me can get some nice big palms in the ground instead of the lilliputian jungle I currently have. How small are my palms ? Even the grasshoppers have malnutrition.
Peachy
I came. I saw. I purchased

27.35 south.
Warm subtropical, with occasional frosts.

#10 AggiePalms

AggiePalms

• IPS MEMBER
  • 389 posts
  • Location:Savannah GA Whitemarsh Island Zone 8b-9a, near the salt marsh

Posted 30 July 2009 - 07:52 PM

Ken is great! I contacted Ken about his posting for P. sargentii, and he had one of the perfect size picked out for my smallish car . He and I made it into the car, barely. Ken obviously knows how to remove and care for big rare palms; he has some amazing palms looking for a home. He is also very pleasant, even waiting for me to come get the buccaneer on my way through town, and was extremely reasonable on price. If you need knowledge about planting or moving palms, or excellent quality large palms, go to Ken. Next time, I'll take a bigger vehicle.
Gig 'Em Ags!

David '88

#11 Gallop

Gallop

• FORUM MEMBER
  • 275 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 04:47 AM

I had the great pleasure of meeting Ken the other day. I was very impressed with his knowledge and hospitality. He has great palms at outstanding prices! I was able to acquire a few hard to find palms to add to my collection. Ken is a top notch guy and I highly recommend him. It was one of my better buying experiences and look forward to buying from Ken again. Anyone looking for some outstanding well grown palms @ unbeatable prices need to visit Kens place. It's well worth the visit and you get to look at some unreal stuff. I can't say enough about Ken. My wife also really appreciated Kens kindness witch was a big plus. We'll defiantly visit again.
Paul Gallop

#12 MTM Palms

MTM Palms

• FORUM MEMBER
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 12:50 PM

Ken is a nice guy and very knowledgable. He delivered a well priced large palm to my door and helped me identify a problem with another palm I had in my landscape.
Looking foward to business with again.
Thanks
Marc M

#13 buccaneers37

buccaneers37

• IPS MEMBER
  • 356 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 12:25 PM

I have bought several palms from Ken and am getting ready to buy more. They are never a disappointment. Usually the palms are larger than what I was expecting and the prices are very fair. If you are looking for an impressive palm, Ken is your man.
52% 9B / 42% 10A / 6% "Other"

Posted Image

#14 sonoranfans

sonoranfans

• IPS MEMBER
  • 3,093 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:29 PM

I bought a 95 gallon copernicia hospita and a 10' overall sabal mauritiiformis from ken in early january. The hospita has already opened a new frond withing 2 weeks of going into the ground IN WINTER and 3 more spears are near full height, ready to open. The sabal is a real beauty, I've already had people stop by and ask about it. The quality of the delivered palms was top notch, very healthy, and the price was very competitive. If you want to make an instant visual impact in your yard with some gorgeous specimen palms contact Ken Johnson, I highly recommend it!
Formerly in Gilbert AZ, zone 9a/9b. Now in Palmetto, Florida Zone 9b/10a??

Tom Blank

#15 Mandrew968

Mandrew968

• IPS MEMBER
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 08:37 AM

Ken is a SUPER nice guy! If you go out to his place, you will not only be impressed, but learning and a good time is also inevitable. My only warning: Watch the time--you may be there longer than you initially planned! :) :)

#16 PRours

PRours

• FORUM MEMBER
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 06:36 PM

If you need something really big in Florida: Ken is your guy.
Plain & simple.
Peter

#17 sonoranfans

sonoranfans

• IPS MEMBER
  • 3,093 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 10:47 AM

I couldnt be happier with the copernicia Fallaensis Ken delivered yesterday. Its an awesome palm, as delivered. Nobody does field grown specimen palms better than Ken. :D
Formerly in Gilbert AZ, zone 9a/9b. Now in Palmetto, Florida Zone 9b/10a??

Tom Blank

#18 Sabal Steve

Sabal Steve

• FORUM MEMBER
  • 1,544 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:53 PM

Super nice guy. Ken went out of his way to give me some tips on transplanting a large sabal casurium that I had just bought. It looks great right now. And it only took him 10 mins to reply to my questions - which he probably hets hundereds of!
Zone 10a/10b
Sunset Zone 24/23

#19 Frank in Florida

Frank in Florida

• FORUM MEMBER
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 05:15 AM

Thank you Ken, love my Kentiopsis.

Frank

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users