IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Ken Johnson Specimen Palms - Ken Johnson

John in Andalucia

Ken Johnson Specimen Palms - Ken Johnson  

26 members have voted

1. 1. RATE THIS GROWER

• POSITIVE - I have had a positive experience and would recommend this grower. (Comment Optional)
    • NEGATIVE - I have had a negative experience and would not recommend this grower (Comment Required)

Ken grows large specimen palms for landscaping, and is an expert in moving and transplanting. Located in Miami, Florida.

Here in South Florida, when someone wants to move a big palm, Ken Johnson is one of the leading experts and has moved thousands of palms with no problems. And.....he has a nice selection of field grown Carribbean palms that he offers.

Jeff

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

• 3 months later...

Ken is not only a close business associate of mine, but a great friend I have made in the world of palms. If you need a specimen palm dug for sale or transplant, I don't think you could ask for someone better, nor as adamant in his work. I don't think you can find a 40 foot of clear wood Borassus anywhere else ready for planting than at Ken's!

Christian Faulkner

Venice, Florida - South Sarasota County.

www.faulknerspalms.com

Μολὼν λάβε

• 1 month later...

I have yet to purchase a Palm from Ken but having seen his Palms,I am saving up.

What you look for is what is looking

I havent been to Ken's...but with his recently reduced prices...a trip is in order.

My bro-in-law had Ken move his collection a few years ago...i was impressed by his organization and all transplants survived

You open on weekends Ken?

The Palm Mahal

Hollywood Fla

I havent been to Ken's...but with his recently reduced prices...a trip is in order.

My bro-in-law had Ken move his collection a few years ago...i was impressed by his organization and all transplants survived

You open on weekends Ken?

Anyone that wants to visit can call me any time. My number is at the bottom of every post. I am often away digging up palms but I can arrange visits for most any time. Most of the palms I sell are big so you can pick them out and I will deliver when you are ready.

I DIG PALMS

Call me anytime to chat about transplanting palms.

305-345-8918

https://www.facebook...KenJohnsonPalms

• 2 months later...

Althought I have not purchased anything from Ken I have had positive experiences business experinces with him. Ken is the authority in SoFla on large palms, both growing and transplanting. He can arrange for large palms to be transported virtually anywhere and will do so with the professionalism you would expect. I recommend Ken Johnson Specimen Palms.

• 1 month later...

When I was first getting into the palm growing business, Ken helped my brother-in-law and I out, any way he could.

He would drop by our place from time to time and give us valuable tips and info. Thinking back, we were pretty lucky to have a friend like him,

just starting out.

If your ever in the area, or not to far away, go check him out. He's one of the best. :)

Bayside Tree Farms is located in Homestead Florida USA
(305) 245-9544

After seeing the occasional photo and posts by Ken, I think its about time he migrated to sunny Queensland so old ladies like me can get some nice big palms in the ground instead of the lilliputian jungle I currently have. How small are my palms ? Even the grasshoppers have malnutrition.

Peachy

I came. I saw. I purchased

27.35 south.

Warm subtropical, with occasional frosts.

Ken is great! I contacted Ken about his posting for P. sargentii, and he had one of the perfect size picked out for my smallish car . He and I made it into the car, barely. Ken obviously knows how to remove and care for big rare palms; he has some amazing palms looking for a home. He is also very pleasant, even waiting for me to come get the buccaneer on my way through town, and was extremely reasonable on price. If you need knowledge about planting or moving palms, or excellent quality large palms, go to Ken. Next time, I'll take a bigger vehicle.

Gig 'Em Ags!

David '88

• 1 year later...

I had the great pleasure of meeting Ken the other day. I was very impressed with his knowledge and hospitality. He has great palms at outstanding prices! I was able to acquire a few hard to find palms to add to my collection. Ken is a top notch guy and I highly recommend him. It was one of my better buying experiences and look forward to buying from Ken again. Anyone looking for some outstanding well grown palms @ unbeatable prices need to visit Kens place. It's well worth the visit and you get to look at some unreal stuff. I can't say enough about Ken. My wife also really appreciated Kens kindness witch was a big plus. We'll defiantly visit again.

Paul Gallop

• 1 month later...

Ken is a nice guy and very knowledgable. He delivered a well priced large palm to my door and helped me identify a problem with another palm I had in my landscape.

Looking foward to business with again.

Thanks

Marc M

• 4 months later...

I have bought several palms from Ken and am getting ready to buy more. They are never a disappointment. Usually the palms are larger than what I was expecting and the prices are very fair. If you are looking for an impressive palm, Ken is your man.

52% 9B / 42% 10A / 6% "Other"

Brandon.gif

I bought a 95 gallon copernicia hospita and a 10' overall sabal mauritiiformis from ken in early january. The hospita has already opened a new frond withing 2 weeks of going into the ground IN WINTER and 3 more spears are near full height, ready to open. The sabal is a real beauty, I've already had people stop by and ask about it. The quality of the delivered palms was top notch, very healthy, and the price was very competitive. If you want to make an instant visual impact in your yard with some gorgeous specimen palms contact Ken Johnson, I highly recommend it!

Formerly in Gilbert AZ, zone 9a/9b. Now in Palmetto, Florida Zone 9b/10a??

Tom Blank

• 1 month later...

Ken is a SUPER nice guy! If you go out to his place, you will not only be impressed, but learning and a good time is also inevitable. My only warning: Watch the time--you may be there longer than you initially planned! :) :)

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I couldnt be happier with the copernicia Fallaensis Ken delivered yesterday. Its an awesome palm, as delivered. Nobody does field grown specimen palms better than Ken. :D

Formerly in Gilbert AZ, zone 9a/9b. Now in Palmetto, Florida Zone 9b/10a??

Tom Blank

• 1 year later...

Super nice guy. Ken went out of his way to give me some tips on transplanting a large sabal casurium that I had just bought. It looks great right now. And it only took him 10 mins to reply to my questions - which he probably hets hundereds of!

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I had the pleasure of purchasing 5 palms from Ken recently. Not only was he very helpful in picking them out, he delivered them to me in Palm Beach County and helped me get them in the ground. You can't beat his pricing nor his knowledge when it comes to transplanting palms. It was a fantastic experience, and I will be purchasing additional palms from him in the future.