IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Coldplant.com - Garry Tsen

John in Andalucia

Coldplant.com - Garry Tsen  

39 members have voted

1. 1. RATE THIS GROWER

• POSITIVE - I have had a positive experience and would recommend this grower. (Comment Optional)
    • NEGATIVE - I have had a negative experience and would not recommend this grower (Comment Required)

• 1 year later...

I am dr manoj from new delhi, India and a new member of palmtalk. i recently imported a packet of Cycas debaoensis and Cycas micholitzii from the seller. the response was excellent the price reasonable. the seeds are of highest quality and shipped promptly. i highly recommend this seller. garry is truly a great guy to deal with.

Edited by manoj

• 1 month later...

They are sure hard to get.

I am amazed that China is giving out export permits for these.

It seems not too long ago they were absolutely against issueing export permits (CITES)

and once in a while there were seeds available here, so one could get seedlings.

Maybe they are loosening up a bit.

Bob

Bob Greiner

• 1 month later...

I just received Licuala dasyantha seeds from Garry. There were some delays and issues with the shipping due to the high mail volume over the holiday. Garry handled the situation perfectly. He answered my messages always within a few hours, and managed to track down the original package and actually get it sent back to him to try a different carrier. It's clear that Garry does not consider his part done until you have actually received the goods. Great service!

Matt

San Diego

0.6 Acres of a south facing, gently sloped dirt pile, soon to be impenetrable jungle

East of Mount Soledad, in the biggest cold sink in San Diego County.

Zone 10a (I hope), Sunset 24

I agree with what Matt said. I too receievd my Licuala dasyantha seeds and would recommend buying from Garry.

Len

Vista, CA (Zone 10a)

Shadowridge Area

"Show me your garden and I shall tell you what you are."

-- Alfred Austin

I received my bundle of Licuala dasyantha seeds today, Gary is great to deal with and always stays in touch to keep you aware of the status of you're shipment. I've bought several times from Gary and have never been disappointed. The large C multipinnata I purchased in early Dec is already pushing a new limb these are really cool to watch unfold.

Paul Gallop

Received seeds yesterday ... a little trouble with the shipping (holiday bottleneck, etc. ). Gary answered all emails quickly and was straight forward with all answers. I would definitely do business with him again. He even went above and beyond what I expected with the seeds !!!

:rolleyes:

• 1 year later...

Faultless order handling (instant email response), packaging (triple wrapped to prevent dehydration), postage(track and trace) and documentation (phyto). My first order but won't be the last. All completed in a week or so instead of the usual months of waiting. First seed had popped on arrival. Garry was able to reassure me about the freshness of the seed by providing harvest details. This is how it should be!

I've already voted once here, but I wanted to come back because every time I order from them I am pleased and more than happy to share my experience. I never fail to receive excellent customer service as well as fresh, healthy seeds from Garry, and highly recommend Coldplant.com! Garry is always a pleasure to deal with.

Got palms?

• 1 month later...

I recently ordered 100 seeds of licuala dasyantha and received them within 2 weeks.

In less than 2 weeks after receiving them, most had germinated.Very fresh and prompt service.

Dale

Dale F. Holton

• 2 months later...

Freshest Trachy seeds I have ever bought - anywhere at anytime. Gary is very generous with his seeds, and shipment from China is much faster than one would expect. Thumbs up, highly recommended!

• 5 months later...

Garry is a very kind person and his palms and cycad seeds are always very fresh. I had a very high sprouting result (almost the 100%) with all the seeds I bought from him (many Trachy species and cultivars, Rhapis Humilis and Excelsa, Cycads and Licuala).

Here is an example of the results of the seeds he sent me two years ago:

Trachycarpus Sp. Nova (on the left)

IMG_0352.jpg

Ciao

Giovanni

Noci (BA) Italia

350m a.s.l.

Zone 8b

• 2 months later...

I would recommend Garry to anyone after the seeds he has on offer, he takes his 100% delivery guarantee to heart and very quickly addresses any problems.

Dave

Farm Cove

Auckland, NZ

• 3 months later...

dear Garry
just today Monday I receive the seed in
protected plastic box
thank you very much
some licuala are sprouted
thank you very much

also I have to say that I feel
a terrible sympathy from all this bad situation
earthqueque in china

I do not know is a bad situation worldwide
and lot of people lost their lifes!
I hope soon all will be better

now I will put winsan seeds one day in the water
for soak and then I will put them in the place in my garden
licualy I will try in pots

thank you a lot
George
tsopozidis
son
kosmas
matoulas
palio
agioneri
Greece

• 2 weeks later...

Got the Cycas Debaoensis and Licuala Dasyantha from Gary several days back. The seeds were great and so fresh, some of them have already sprout.

• 4 weeks later...

I want to thank Garry for his outstanding service and customer-friendliness.

About a month ago I ordered Trachycarpus tesan and misan seeds.

Because I dont have PayPal (yet) a good friend made the transfer for me.

One email was enough to make this clear for Garry and he shipped the seeds shortly after.

12 days later my wife accepted the envelope from the mailman.

"You got a very stange pakkage and it seems empty to me".

To my horror the envelope was indeed empty and after further inspection the envelope was cut open on one side.

Probably by the customs!

I mailed Garry and he offered me at once new seeds +30% bonus seeds just for the shipping costs.

Yesterday (again 12 days from China to Holland) I recieved the new seeds and as usual they look very fresh to me!

So a big Thump up for Garry! :greenthumb: Thanks!

best greetings Luc

• 6 months later...

I’ve been immensely impressed with Garry and his service. Quick and helpful responses to my emails with nothing too much trouble. I can thoroughly recommend Coldplant and Garry and will deal with him again with pleasure.

Phil Wright

nzpalms.co.nz

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gary's Cycas seeds arrived perfectly, thank you, outstanding job.

The same here too.

as alway's ,great service and very good and fresh seeds

:greenthumb:

• 9 months later...

I purchased a few nova seeds from gary and they arrived on time in great condition.

• 1 month later...

Very good seeds and great germination in good time!

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The next best time is now...

~ Chinese Proverb

10344842_10152443920736742_914492094660907758_n.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Another several great transactions with Garry this year. Went above and beyond. Top notch, A+

• 3 years later...

Hi,

has anyone ordered lately , because I’m trying to order seeds and when I saved the form, there is an error message.

• 4 months later...

Is this seller still active?  I also found the website buggy and had the appearance of not being updated for some time.

Jason

Gainesville, Florida

• 1 month later...

Not necessarily their fault but the rainy season delayed their princeps seeds and one other I think Winsan. I've had success with every other batch of Trachycarpus seeds... minimal with some but something at least but with these 0... in fairness Princeps are supposed to be difficult. Princeps hybrid sreds from Vic sprouted in abundance...

the others from Gary Tsen were also a goose egg... he said he would replace next season if possible but I have not pursued and vice versa also... I wouldn't recommend for Trachy seeds i suspect they came with weevils that ate them but they also looked shabby upon arrival @ old brown color flaky skins

Edited by DallasPalms

• 1 month later...

Thank you guys for your feedback which helps us do a better job.

In order to offer the best quality and germination as we can ,  we only sell new fresh seeds normally from November to April each year .   Inquiry replies through  info@coldplant.com   are always in time.

( there might  be some delay  to palm talk inquiry  here or errors on the site during the  off- season period )

Here are the new fresh seeds we are supplying for this year. 

It is highly advisable for growers to buy fresh seeds now rather than off season.

As for T.princeps , they are very  difficult to collect .The month-long rain season at the end of the year coupled with the eating of flying rats or squirrels makes it extremely hard to obtain new seeds.

With regard to any issue of  all the seeds, we welcome each customer to contact us by info@coldplant.com.  We always provide satisfying solutions ,  though there might be few occasional problems with the fresh seeds.

Garry

www.coldplant.com