• WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Rainforest Collection - Jeff Searle

PALM MOD

36 members have voted

1. 1. RATE THIS GROWER

• POSITIVE - I have had a positive experience and would recommend this grower. (Comment Optional)
    • NEGATIVE - I have had a negative experience and would not recommend this grower (Comment Required)

PLEASE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE ABOVE RULES BEFORE REGISTERING FEEDBACK.

Thanks to those of you who help make this a fun and friendly forum.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone that has had a negative experience with Jeff. I've been going to his sales for a couple years now and couldn't be happier with everything that I've purchased.

• Upvote 1

South Florida

Having met Jeff in person several times, his love of palms and exotic plants is infectious. Always large, well grown plants at great prices. An asset to the field! Life would be great if all the growers worked like Jeff did!

• Upvote 1

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

I have bought dozens of palms from Jeff. I have never had anything but a perfect experience in doing so. I actually felt bad when I could not make the trip to his last sale.

• Upvote 1

With a tin cup for a chalice

Fill it up with good red wine,

And I'm-a chewin' on a honeysuckle vine.

Jeff is a great asset to the palm community. His love of palms and of what he does for a living is evident from his posts here and from the quality of his merchandise. Every grower in Florida should pay him a visit at least once. I would happily recommend Jeff and his plants to anyone. He's just really lucky that I don't live in Florida, otherwise he'd get really fed up with seeing me all the time.

• Upvote 1

]

Corey Lucas-Divers

Dorset, UK

Ave Jul High 72F/22C (91F/33C Max)

Ave Jul Low 52F/11C (45F/7C Min)

Ave Jan High 46F/8C (59F/15C Max)

Ave Jan Low 34F/1C (21F/-6C Min)

Ave Rain 736mm pa

Jeff is probably the best source of larger rare palms in the United States. His prices are more than fair and his passion for the plants is very apparent. His variety is a key factor - he has all types of palms, from Cuban Coccothrinax to rare Pinangas, but I would say his personal passion is Dypsis. Anything I have bought from him as acclimated well here in Venice. He gets a top notch rating in my book.

• Upvote 1

Christian Faulkner

Venice, Florida - South Sarasota County.

www.faulknerspalms.com

Μολὼν λάβε

Jeff has the best selection of rare palms in south florida. If you like dypsis he is the man.

• Upvote 1

JC

I've been to Jeff's nursery many times, always leaving with a couple of gems. You sure can tell he loves what he does. :)

• Upvote 1

"If you need me, I'll be outside" -Randy Wiesner Palm Beach County, Florida Zone 10Bish

I met Jeff alot of years ago. He sold me some potato chip palms. I couldn't find them anywhere. I have since lost them because of my soil and water. They were the Guatamalan variety. I have a few of the Mexican variety still. They are better for me. Jeff is a good grower and passionate plant person.

Not that he needs another ringing endorsement, but I'll give mine anyway. Anyone who's been at his nursery can attest to the fantastic selection, great customer service and fair prices.

• Upvote 1

San Fernando Valley, California

Jeff has been my main source for my collection of nearly 700 species of palms.

Were now buying crotii & broms as well

• Upvote 1

The Palm Mahal

Hollywood Fla

Jeff is a nice guy and has allways treated me like i am his only customer!!! Rave reviews!!!! I have many different palms here that he has sold me over the years and they look fantastic!!!

Orlando, Florida

zone 9b

The Pollen Poacher!!

GO DOLPHINS!!

GO GATORS!!!

Palms, Sex, Money and horsepower,,,, you may have more than you can handle,,

but too much is never enough!!

• 2 weeks later...

Jeff's sales are not to be missed. We go to a number of palm n' tropical sales all around the state, but his sales are our favorites. The palms are in wonderful condition, very good health, neither over- nor under-potted. And the varieties you'll see there!! He is absolutely passionate about palms, and it shows. When we go to his sales, we first rush around in a mad palm-grab, then spend a couple more hours just ogling the treasures in the greenhouse. And although there's so much going on, he always takes time to answer all my questions.

St. Pete

Zone - a wacked-out place between 9b & 10

Elevation = 44' - not that it does any good

• 1 month later...

Jeff is an asset to our palm community. My only bad experience I have had at Jeff's Nursery is that he has more material that I would like to have than my budget permits. I often leave depressed, so many species - so little funds and space! He is also a great source of information and fun at the IPS Biennels.

• Upvote 1

Coral Gables, FL 8 miles North of Fairchild USDA Zone 10B

• 1 month later...

I recently purchased a Tahaina and a Ceroxolyn from Jeff at his Spring Sale.He has a great operation and a huge selection.Great family and Dad.Only difficulty was putting up with a little BS.

• Upvote 1

What you look for is what is looking

I recently purchased a Tahaina and a Ceroxolyn from Jeff at his Spring Sale.He has a great operation and a huge selection.Great family and Dad.Only difficulty was putting up with a little BS.

I'm not that little, and you liked it. Admit it. I did.

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

there is no such thing as "a little" BS man.

we all know that.

the "prince of snarkness."

still "warning-free."

san diego,california,left coast.

BS/Dewd,It was a priviledge to meet BS,who I know to be a great guy. Just like I am certain the Dewd is.

What you look for is what is looking

Hey Dewd,

I'm thinking about setting up a sushi stand in the shadehouse for the fall sale. Interested? :)

Jeff

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

Hey Dewd,

I'm thinking about setting up a sushi stand in the shadehouse for the fall sale. Interested? :)

Jeff

Man o man...can I afford 2 trips in one year? :drool: (Yes, I know you were talking to Paul)

• 2 months later...

I have purchased palms from The Searle's rainforest collection on many occasions (more than I'll admit to!). Everyone who I have dealt with has been extremely helpful and knowledgable. The annual sales are not to be missed events! Jeff's selection of rare palms is unmatched in South Florida. The Rainforest Collection is a fantastic destination for rare palms and many other landscaping needs.

• 8 months later...

Amazing collection of plants at great prices! Everything is healthy and quite large, will go shopping there again!

-Krishna

-Krishna

Kailua, Oahu HI. Near the beach but dry!

Still have a garden in Zone 9a Inland North Central Florida (Ocala)

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Spring is just around the corner, everything's great. :D

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

After all the "trouble" I have caused him, he still is willing to sell me and my wife rare palms--What else can I say about the man?! You're alright, Jeff! :)

After all the "trouble" I have caused him, he still is willing to sell me and my wife rare palms--What else can I say about the man?! You're alright, Jeff! :)

Trouble? Are you kidding? I have no problems with anybody, other than Tom in PB County. You on the other hand has shown nothing but respect and politeness. And that goes a long way. :D

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

• 2 years later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The upcoming sale will be held on October 3rd,4th and 5th. Ryan has just recently started a new topic on the Extravaganza Sale under the For Sale Forum.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

• 2 years later...

Just a reminder that this year's Fall Extravaganza Sale is going on. Thank you to all that have supported us and looking to see you soon!

Jeff, Ryan & Staff

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

• 5 years later...

Many know that now it's official.  After 40 years of a great run, I am now growing from the house as we "retired" and sold our property. I am still alive and well and most definitely growing the most exciting and rarest palms known, just on a smaller scale. If in the area, please reach out to me and visitors are always welcome. 

• Like 2

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

• 1 month later...
On 12/12/2021 at 9:14 AM, Cindy Adair said:

Congratulations Jeff! 

Thank you Cindy, I'm doing quite well with collecting and growing at the house.

Jeff

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/25/2022 at 9:30 PM, Barry said:

Hi Jeff,

Are you coming to the spring sale at Edison this year?

Hi! So sorry I just saw this but yes, it was a great sale.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.