IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Floribunda Palms & Exotics - Jeff Marcus

John in Andalucia

Floribunda Palms & Exotics - Jeff Marcus  

94 members have voted

1. 1. RATE THIS GROWER

• POSITIVE - I have had a positive experience and would recommend this grower. (Comment Optional)
    • NEGATIVE - I have had a negative experience and would not recommend this grower (Comment Required)

• 1 month later...

I have added a considerable number of species to my collection from Floribunda. Orders have always arrived in top shape and well packed. I wish I could say they are all living today, but I have lost some, otherwise I would not be able to walk in my garden.:rolleyes:

Floribunda is the only source I have ordered live plants from. Most of my collection has been from seed, but that takes too long for me now.

William

Hana, Maui

Land of the low lying heavens, the misty Uakea crowning the majestic Kauwiki.

Visit my palms here

• 2 years later...

Fantastic nursery !!!

Did you visit? In person?

Oui?

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

To reiterate - Floribunda is the best!

Meg

Palms of Victory I shall wear

Cape Coral (It's Just Paradise)
Florida
Zone 10A on the Isabelle Canal
Elevation: 15 feet

I'd like to be under the sea in an octopus' garden in the shade.

• 1 month later...

SHOUT OUT to Jeff and his staff (especially his wife)!

Just got precisely what I ordered and in great condition. He worked with me over the phone to help me make some decisions and I will make a large order in the spring!

FWIW, I got

Syagrus sancona

Dioon argenteum

Dioon purpusii

Thanks so much, Jeff!

post-646-0-67521600-1414109595_thumb.jpg

post-646-0-67156900-1414109598_thumb.jpg

post-646-0-54104100-1414109619_thumb.jpg

John Case

Brentwood CA

Owner and curator of Hana Keu Garden

USDA Zone 9b more or less, Sunset Zone 14 in winter 9 in summer

"Its always exciting the first time you save the world. Its a real thrill!"

• 7 months later...

One more shout out to the entire crew at Floribunda!

post-646-0-22288900-1433977837_thumb.jpgpost-646-0-58997100-1433977850_thumb.jpgpost-646-0-24811300-1433977884_thumb.jpgpost-646-0-47432100-1433977887_thumb.jpg

John Case

Brentwood CA

Owner and curator of Hana Keu Garden

USDA Zone 9b more or less, Sunset Zone 14 in winter 9 in summer

"Its always exciting the first time you save the world. Its a real thrill!"

• 3 weeks later...

word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carlsbad, California Zone 10 B on the hill (402 ft. elevation)

Sunset zone 24

• 3 months later...

So what's to add to this thread? I think I've read it all and agree to everything said. My experience:

Last summer I got a large and complicated order from Jeff. Lots of species, plant sizes and some special requests. Jeff has been very precize and correct, no mistakes were made where anybody else might have made 10 mistakes.

Jeff's concern goes way beyond getting the package to the postal service and we had contact right untill and after the plants got delivered in Amsterdam. Customs were a drag and slowed delivery down for about a week more and Jeff gave tips on how to increase survival rates for the palms upon arrival.

When the package was in transit, together we prayed to the palmgods for fast arrival.

Some of the 161 palms (17 friends joined in with my order) got a beating from being 2 weeks in a box, but most of them were revived and are now growing happily in their new homes. The plants must have been in some kind of supercondition to survive a trip like that and plant sizes were very good for the moneys worth! Also the plants were packed in an excellent way, no risks taken whatsoever!

www.facebook.com/#!/Totallycoconuts

Amsterdam,

The Netherlands

• 3 weeks later...

Some 16 palms in that package kai refers to went to me, and 12 are alive till date. The ultra-tropical species struggled a bit after the hold up in customs as expected.

1 thing for sure: The Amsterdam customs delay was a big dent in the live and let live attitude dutch ways.

I would rate them a lot lower then Jeff/Suchins team efforts. Cudos guys!

• 4 weeks later...

Recently purchased 13 Pritchardia from Floribunda. They had great communication throughout the transaction, and the palms were shipped and arrived exactly when Jeff said they would. They're in terrific shape and were packaged very well.

I originally wanted 10 1gal plants, but they only had 5 1gals of the species I had wanted, so Jeff called me to let me know he was going to substitute some smaller plants to fulfill the order. He ended up giving me 8 of the smaller plants in addition to the 5 1gals, which fulfilled and exceeded my order's value amount. Awesome! I'll definitely be back for more palms in the future.

I've ordered an obscene number of palms from Jeff and Suchin and have been happy with all.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

• 3 months later...

First time buyer from Jeff and thought I would share my experience. Jeff called me after submitting my wish list and he suggested a few others he thought I might like and of course bought them as well. I bought 18 palms from 4 inchers to 1 gallons, and some of the 1 gallons were over 6 ft tall! I was shocked I got the order in 2 days with NO damage to box and all palm packed tight inside. All came in their pots which I liked, although the 3 largest palms in 1 gallon pots were potted up right away since roots were bursting from the pots and they wouldn't stand up by themselves. Pics attached.

Last pic, only large palms on right were part of order, not the one in the tub on the left.

DSCF0034.JPG

DSCF0035.JPG

DSCF0037.JPG

DSCF0038.JPG

Edited by sashaeffer
add text
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, sashaeffer said:

First time buyer from Jeff and thought I would share my experience. Jeff called me after submitting my wish list and he suggested a few others he thought I might like and of course bought them as well. I bought 18 palms from 4 inchers to 1 gallons, and some of the 1 gallons were over 6 ft tall! I was shocked I got the order in 2 days with NO damage to box and all palm packed tight inside. All came in their pots which I liked, although the 3 largest palms in 1 gallon pots were potted up right away since roots were bursting from the pots and they wouldn't stand up by themselves. Pics attached.

Last pic, only large palms on right were part of order, not the one in the tub on the left.

DSCF0034.JPG

DSCF0035.JPG

DSCF0037.JPG

DSCF0038.JPG

Jeff's stuff is amazing! 

• 4 weeks later...

My second box with 25 or so palms came today. Now I know I'm a addict. Beautiful palms, packaged very well.

Agree 100%. I just received what must be my fourth order. The packing job they do never ceases to amaze me and the plants are premium. If you're going to spend $100 anyway, might as well buy direct and save! 

IMG_4871.JPG

IMG_4873.JPG

IMG_4874.JPG

IMG_4876.JPG

• Upvote 1

Since my second order was mostly tender Tropicals of smaller size they will stay in wire rack above jacuzzi tub in master bath. Lots of natural but not direct lighting. I keep a couple of inches of water in the tub for added humidity.

all in this pic is from Floribunda except taller Joey palm on right, next to sink. Other palms in this order scattered about the house.

image.jpeg

4 hours ago, Matt in OC said:

Agree 100%. I just received what must be my fourth order. The packing job they do never ceases to amaze me and the plants are premium. If you're going to spend $100 anyway, might as well buy direct and save! 

IMG_4871.JPG

IMG_4873.JPG

IMG_4874.JPG

IMG_4876.JPG

I bet the grin on your face when boxes arrived was same as mine :)   I was so excited that after unpacking I emailed Jeff saying I couldn't find the invoice. He told me it's taped to the OUTSIDE of the box, on the lid....for some reason I thought last order it was inside. Honestly I was so excited to open the box I didn't notice it on the outside.

I couldn't hide any palms from this order from the wife, especially since now most reside over the tub.

Okay, Scott, tell us what you got so we can ooo and ahhh

Meg

Florida

lol, ok here it is...

Most but not all came in their pots unlike my first order they all came in pots with that amazing volcanic black cinder for soil.

Areca vestiaria(red leaf form) 1/1 gallon/ $10.00

Areca vestiaria 1/ 1 gallon $8.00

Calyptrocalyx leptostachys(salmon leaf) 1/1 gallon/ $8.50

Calyptrocalyx pachystachys “mottled” 2 seedling/ $10.00

Dypsis leptocheilos (teddy bear) 1/1 gallon/ $8.00

Dypsis pembana 1/ 4 inch/ $5.00

Dypsis Saintlucei 1/ 1 gallon/ $8.00

Euterpe oleracea 1/ 4 inch / $5.00

Itaya amicorum 1/ 4 inch / $10.00

Johannesteijsmannia magnifica 1/ 4 inch / $25.00

Licuala aurantiaca(wild collected) 2/ seedling/ $4.00

Licuala orbicularis 1/ 4 inch / $15.00

Licuala peltata var. peltata 1/ 4 inch / $5.00

Licuala thoana 1/ 4 inch / $15.00

Pinanga philippinensis 1/ 4 inch / $5.50

Pinanga crassepes 2/ seedlings / $6.00

Pinanga insignis 2/ seedlings / $3.00

Chambeyonia hookeri 1/ 4 inch / $6.00

Nice. I'm waiting breathlessly for Floribunda's Spring catalog

• Upvote 1

Meg

Florida

I'm just panting

1 hour ago, PalmatierMeg said:

Nice. I'm waiting breathlessly for Floribunda's Spring catalog

Me as well. Jeff said it might be a combined Spring/Summer release and not till maybe late May.

• 2 months later...

Any word on a summer catalog?  There are few selections I would like in 1 gallon sizes that weren't available during the winter catalog.

I've been waiting myself. In talking to him in May he was hoping to get one out in June but that never happened either. He did say he was super busy working off the winter list so didn't allow much time to make a summer one.

Yup, Jeff said he's staying busy off the winter catalogue and he didn't think he really had anything new for SoCal growers. If there was stuff on the winter list in 4" that you want in gallons, I'd give him a call. He probably has it.

• 1 year later...

A couple weeks ago I received my second order from Jeff and Suchin (I've started a tradition of making an annual Floribunda order), and this one was a big one (20-some plants). The plants always arrive in great shape and are packed incredibly well. You can't beat their customer service. Even though I am a relatively small collector (at the moment :winkie:), Jeff always takes the time to thoroughly answer all my questions whether they're regarding plant availability, my order, or cultivation tips on certain species. Ordering from Floribunda has been such a pleasure. I look forward to their updated price list each season - it's like Christmas. :yay: 

Here's my recent order fresh out of the box!

36303995222_532d3c49c7_b.jpg

Edited by Missi
Added photo
  • Upvote 2

Naples (inland), FL - technically 10a but more like 9b in the winter :hmm:

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I jus got my first order from them, man am i majorly impressed. Expert shipping, amazing looking plants. Will order many more times

Looking for:  crytostachys hybrids, Pseudophoenix sargentii Leucothrinax morrisii, livingstona canarensis

• 2 months later...

Like Xmas morning!! :D:D

Fresh delivery from The Palmfather!!

Love me some bunda:wub:

Thanks again

IMG_3957.jpg

• Upvote 3

• 2 years later...

Just placed and received my first order from Floribunda.  I ordered a Dypsis lanceolata, Dypsis lastelliana, Beccariophoenix fenestralis, Kentiopsis oliviformis, and Euterpe edulis "Orange Crownshaft".  Combined with my order was my friend @palmsOrl's order of 4 x Cyrtostachys bakeri, 4 x Cyrtostachys elegans, and a Licuala cordata.  Ordering was easy, communication was fantastic and the care they take in packing the plants for shipping is probably the best I've seen to this point.  Because of their care and the speed of delivery, the plants arrive in nearly perfect condition.  Highly recommended!

Lakeland, FL

USDA Zone 1990: 9a  2012: 9b  2023: 10a | Sunset Zone: 26 | Record Low: 20F/-6.67C (Jan. 1985, Dec.1962) | Record Low USDA Zone: 9a

30-Year Avg. Low: 30F | 30-year Min: 24F

• 1 month later...

Both of my experiences ordering from Jeff and his wife have been outstanding.  The quality of the palms, the prices, the shipping, you name it.  Thank you Jeff for all of your hard work in offering such an amazing selection of rare palms to the community of enthusiasts.

My Licuala cordata is doing quite well, thanks to your careful instructions, as are the Cyrtostachys bakeri and C. elegans.

-Michael

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

First time ordering, gotta say overly impressed with the selection and packing, not to mention 2 day shipping from Hawaii to Florida via UPS!

Phoned a few days before he shipped to confirm the entire order and shoot the breeze.  Might have to pay him a visit if I go to Hawaii next year...

Highly recommended!!!

PXL_20210714_211237592.thumb.jpg.180b9e699af89e2190a6acb57387631e.jpgPXL_20210714_212015113.thumb.jpg.4737baea7f1e8e560efe0bec1a8c1378.jpgPXL_20210714_211416090.thumb.jpg.1102b53545394222dd139efbb4c3634b.jpgPXL_20210714_211755431.thumb.jpg.857b4facd3a1f542b284786da57c7cf1.jpg

• Like 1