• Announcements

• IPS BIENNIAL - SARAWAK / SINGAPORE JUNE 12-19   01/23/2016

STILL TIME TO REGISTER!!
      Don't miss this opportunity to hike through natural forest areas of Borneo to see palms in habitat led by expert guides. Experience the culture and cuisine of this exotic Southeast Asian country with fellow IPS travelers.
      In Singapore you'll experience the world's largest covered garden, Gardens by the Bay, and tour the venerable Singapore Botanic Garden. 
      You must be an IPS member to register, so sign up today. For more information click HERE (For more info of past biennials and member experiences see the BIENNIAL FORUM on Palmtalk.)   One of the exotic palms of Borneo
    • NEW FORUM - PALMS IN POTS   01/23/2016

CHECK IT OUT BELOW I think it is self explanatory - it's right below the COLD HARDY PALMS FORUM.

Variegated Ficus lyrata!

8 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

I stumbled across this pictures of a variegated Ficus lyrata a while back and have been trying to locate one to no avil :hmm: figured I'd share the pic, don't think many people even know this morph is out there - The picture is from a Japanese site.

post-1105-1225342112_thumb.jpg

In my opinion a stunning plant with great looking variegation, it is also supposed to grow slightly slower, but more compact and with very nice form.

If anyone knows where I can locate one Please Pm me!! :-D

Warmest Regards,

-Jc

Miami, Florida

post-1105-1225342125_thumb.jpg

Wow, that is cool. I always wondered if there was a variegated F. lyrata out there. I have never seen any cultivars of it. It must be a very stable tree.

Isn't it pretty?! There is supposedly another cultivar called 'bambino' which is supposed to have smaller leaves and more compact growth, however that is an all green cultivar. I would also imagine the variegate to be very stable, Not if only I could find one!! ;)

Warmest Regards,

-Jc

Miami, Florida

Jc--

Awesome looking! I've never seen it before either.

RE: 'Bambino'--there is at least one compact, smaller-leafed form (green) of F. lyrata in the trade and landscapes here in SoFla. I haven't seen any tagged as 'Bambino' specifically, but you should be able to track it down locally (Homestead area).

Ken.

Ken, I'll have to keep an eye out for the compact form, wouldn't mind adding that to my collection. But that Variegated cultivar is a must on my want list :P Lets keep those eyes peeled it's only a matter of time before someone finds one :P

Warmest Regards,

-Jc

Miami, Florida

Hi, from sunny Utah. Any new sources for this elusive plant? I also have seen several on Japanese sites, but none listed for sale. Thanks Jim

Hey Jim,

I have yet to find a source for this plant :( If you do come across a source please let me know!! Good luck!

Warmest Regards,

-Jc

Miami, Fl