IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Genera Palmarum 2 - ALMOST HERE!

bgl

The IPS website, www.palms.org, has now been updated with the information about GP2, and you can place your order on-line. There's a special price for IPS members, and if you're NOT an IPS member it pays to become one just to get the special IPS membership price.

As you will see, anticipated delivery of GP2 is quoted as late December. BUT, the shipment is due to arrive at Allen Press in Kansas in a couple of weeks. The "late December" shipment date was arrived at before we knew the estimated arrival date in Kansas, so I'm hoping that shipment of individual books will be possible before late December. At this point, let's just hope for the best and be pleasantly surprised...! :)

Leilani Estates, 25 mls/40 km south of Hilo, Big Island of Hawai'i. Elevation 880 ft/270 m. Average rainfall 140 inches/3550 mm

Link didn't work, but I got this great error message.

Note - I did strip out my personal info from the error message below.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Error Occurred While Processing Request

Error Executing Database Query.

No value given for one or more required parameters.

The error occurred in D:\www\usr\stansfeld\stansfeld-fairbrother\palms\book_ordering.cfm: line 335

Called from D:\www\usr\stansfeld\stansfeld-fairbrother\palms\book_ordering.cfm: line 3

Called from D:\www\usr\stansfeld\stansfeld-fairbrother\palms\book_ordering.cfm: line 1

Called from D:\www\usr\stansfeld\stansfeld-fairbrother\palms\book_ordering.cfm: line 335

Called from D:\www\usr\stansfeld\stansfeld-fairbrother\palms\book_ordering.cfm: line 3

Called from D:\www\usr\stansfeld\stansfeld-fairbrother\palms\book_ordering.cfm: line 1

333 : <cfelse>

334 : NULL

335 : </cfif>

336 : )

337 : </cfquery>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SQL INSERT INTO book_orders (tit, fname, lname, address1, address2, city, sta, pcode, country, telep, fax, email, thailand_1, thailand_1_num, caledonia_2, caledonia_2_num, trinidad_3, trinidad_3_num, chadaedorea_5, chadaedorea_5_num, madagascar_6, madagascar_6_num, eldorado_7, eldorado_7_num, thailand_1a, thailand_1a_num, caledonia_2a, caledonia_2a_num, trinidad_3a, trinidad_3a_num, chadaedorea_5a, chadaedorea_5a_num, madagascar_6a, madagascar_6a_num, eldorado_7a, eldorado_7a_num, genera_m_us, genera_m_us_num, genera_nm_us, genera_nm_us_num, genera_m_na, genera_m_na_num, genera_nm_na, genera_nm_na_num, genera_m_world, genera_m_world_num, genera_nm_world, genera_nm_world_num, how_pay, date_reg, pay_recd, payment, other1, other2, other3) VALUES ( ', , 'No' , '0' , 'No' , '0' , 'No' , '0' , 'No' , '0' , 'No' , '0' , 'No' , '0' , 'No' , '0' , 'No' , '0' , 'No' , '0' , 'No' , '0' , 'No' , '0' , 'No' , '0' , 'No' , '1' , 'No' , '0' , 'No' , '0' , 'No' , '0' , 'No' , '0' , 'No' , '0' , 'Credit Card online' , '02-Oct-08' , NULL , 'unpaid' , O , NULL , NULL )

DATASOURCE palmscart

VENDORERRORCODE 3088

SQLSTATE &nbsp;

Please try the following:

Check the ColdFusion documentation to verify that you are using the correct syntax.

Search the Knowledge Base to find a solution to your problem.

Browser Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; GoogleT5; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; InfoPath.2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648)

Remote Address 70.188.96.175

Referrer http://www.palms.org/book_ordering.cfm

Date/Time 02-Oct-08 01:43 AM

Stack Trace (click to expand)

at cfbook_ordering2ecfm721368342._factor0(D:\www\usr\stansfeld\stansfeld-fairbrother\palms\book_ordering.cfm:335) at cfbook_ordering2ecfm721368342._factor1(D:\www\usr\stansfeld\stansfeld-fairbrother\palms\book_ordering.cfm:3) at cfbook_ordering2ecfm721368342.runPage(D:\www\usr\stansfeld\stansfeld-fairbrother\palms\book_ordering.cfm:1) at cfbook_ordering2ecfm721368342._factor0(D:\www\usr\stansfeld\stansfeld-fairbrother\palms\book_ordering.cfm:335) at cfbook_ordering2ecfm721368342._factor1(D:\www\usr\stansfeld\stansfeld-fairbrother\palms\book_ordering.cfm:3) at cfbook_ordering2ecfm721368342.runPage(D:\www\usr\stansfeld\stansfeld-fairbrother\palms\book_ordering.cfm:1)

com.inzoom.adojni.ComException: No value given for one or more required parameters. in Microsoft JET Database Engine code=3088 Type=1

at com.inzoom.ado.Command.jniExecute(Native Method)

at com.inzoom.ado.Command.execute(Command.java:40)

at com.inzoom.jdbcado.Statement.exec(Statement.java:34)

at com.inzoom.jdbcado.Statement.execute(Statement.java:107)

at coldfusion.server.j2ee.sql.JRunStatement.execute(JRunStatement.java:212)

at coldfusion.sql.Executive.executeQuery(Executive.java:974)

at coldfusion.sql.Executive.executeQuery(Executive.java:886)

at coldfusion.sql.SqlImpl.execute(SqlImpl.java:229)

at coldfusion.tagext.sql.QueryTag.doEndTag(QueryTag.java:447)

at cfbook_ordering2ecfm721368342._factor0(D:\www\usr\stansfeld\stansfeld-fairbrother\palms\book_ordering.cfm:335)

at cfbook_ordering2ecfm721368342._factor1(D:\www\usr\stansfeld\stansfeld-fairbrother\palms\book_ordering.cfm:3)

at cfbook_ordering2ecfm721368342.runPage(D:\www\usr\stansfeld\stansfeld-fairbrother\palms\book_ordering.cfm:1)

at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage.invoke(CfJspPage.java:147)

at coldfusion.tagext.lang.IncludeTag.doStartTag(IncludeTag.java:357)

at coldfusion.filter.CfincludeFilter.invoke(CfincludeFilter.java:62)

at coldfusion.filter.ApplicationFilter.invoke(ApplicationFilter.java:107)

at coldfusion.filter.RequestMonitorFilter.invoke(RequestMonitorFilter.java:43)

at coldfusion.filter.PathFilter.invoke(PathFilter.java:80)

at coldfusion.filter.ExceptionFilter.invoke(ExceptionFilter.java:47)

at coldfusion.filter.ClientScopePersistenceFilter.invoke(ClientScopePersistenceFilt

er.java:28)

at coldfusion.filter.BrowserFilter.invoke(BrowserFilter.java:35)

at coldfusion.filter.GlobalsFilter.invoke(GlobalsFilter.java:43)

at coldfusion.filter.DatasourceFilter.invoke(DatasourceFilter.java:22)

at coldfusion.CfmServlet.service(CfmServlet.java:105)

at jrun.servlet.ServletInvoker.invoke(ServletInvoker.java:91)

at jrun.servlet.JRunInvokerChain.invokeNext(JRunInvokerChain.java:42)

at jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.invoke(JRunRequestDispatcher.java:252)

at jrun.servlet.ServletEngineService.dispatch(ServletEngineService.java:527)

at jrun.servlet.jrpp.JRunProxyService.invokeRunnable(JRunProxyService.java:192)

at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$DownstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:348)

at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$ThreadThrottle.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:451)

at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$UpstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:294)

at jrunx.scheduler.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:66)

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

Keith,

I don't know what any of that means, but the link is working fine for me. I'm curious - are you able to pull up www.palms.org and you're then having difficulties with the GP2 page, or are you unable to pull up the website itself?

Bo-Göran

Leilani Estates, 25 mls/40 km south of Hilo, Big Island of Hawai'i. Elevation 880 ft/270 m. Average rainfall 140 inches/3550 mm

Keith,

I don't know what any of that means, but the link is working fine for me. I'm curious - are you able to pull up www.palms.org and you're then having difficulties with the GP2 page, or are you unable to pull up the website itself?

Bo-Göran

I got this after I filled in the information on the first information page to place my order. The page with name, address, etc. Perhaps I mistyped something.

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

The link that is highlighted as "Genera Palmarum II" in the middle of the page is pointing to file:///C:/coldfusion8/wwwroot/palms/books_gp2.cfm.

The link on the right side of the page is working correctly though.

The link that is highlighted as "Genera Palmarum II" in the middle of the page is pointing to file:///C:/coldfusion8/wwwroot/palms/books_gp2.cfm.

The link on the right side of the page is working correctly though.

Did you complete your order of the book online?

I got the same problem as Keith when ordering--after you fill out the form and press the 'order' button, that error results.

Looking at the error messages, there is an error message for inserting info into a SQL database: "No value given for one or more required parameters."

The NULL values appear to be for the 'address2', 'country', 'fax', 'pay_recd', 'other2' and 'other3' fields.

zone 7a (Avg. max low temp 0 to 5 F, -18 to -15 C), hot humid summers

Avgs___Jan__Feb__Mar__Apr__May__Jun__Jul__Aug__Sep__Oct__Nov__Dec

High___44___49___58___69___78___85___89___87___81___70___59___48

Low____24___26___33___42___52___61___66___65___58___45___36___28

Precip_3.1__2.7__3.6__3.0__4.0__3.6__3.6__3.6__3.8__3.3__3.2__3.1

Snow___8.1__6.2__3.4__0.4__0____0____0____0____0____0.1__0.8__2.2

I'm alerting Liz, who's responsible for the IPS website, and hopefully she'll be able to figure out what the problem is. It'll be Thursday morning before she's able to do that though (Liz is in Texas).

This is really frustrating. First PALMS offers a book for sale, on the web, that doesn't allow this to happen. Then, when it is posted, we get errors and can't complete the sale.

Is anyone proofing before this goes out to the general IPS community?

Rick Leitner

Fort Lauderdale, Florida

26.07N/80.15W

Zone 10B

Average Annual Low 67 F

Average Annual High 84 F

Average Annual Rainfall 62"

Riverfront exposure, 1 mile from Atlantic Ocean

Part time in the western mountains of North Carolina

Gratefully, the best of both worlds!

Liz has now taken a close look at the problem, and found that in one case, an "O" had been added into the code instead of a "0", and that was part of the problem. Hopefully. everything has now been solved, and Liz also informed me that one successful online GP2 order was just placed by an IPS member. If ayone who places a succcessful order wants to just add a quick comment here, that'd be great. It would inform the rest of us that things are working the way they are supposed to.

Appears to be working now.....thankfully. I can sleep now.

Rick Leitner

Fort Lauderdale, Florida

26.07N/80.15W

Zone 10B

Average Annual Low 67 F

Average Annual High 84 F

Average Annual Rainfall 62"

Riverfront exposure, 1 mile from Atlantic Ocean

Part time in the western mountains of North Carolina

Gratefully, the best of both worlds!

Yes, it works now. I checked it--twice!

First time was my error--filling in everything quickly again, I forgot to check the book I was ordering. Sorry!

zone 7a (Avg. max low temp 0 to 5 F, -18 to -15 C), hot humid summers

Avgs___Jan__Feb__Mar__Apr__May__Jun__Jul__Aug__Sep__Oct__Nov__Dec

High___44___49___58___69___78___85___89___87___81___70___59___48

Low____24___26___33___42___52___61___66___65___58___45___36___28

Precip_3.1__2.7__3.6__3.0__4.0__3.6__3.6__3.6__3.8__3.3__3.2__3.1

Snow___8.1__6.2__3.4__0.4__0____0____0____0____0____0.1__0.8__2.2

Appears to be working now...got my order in.

Thanks Bo and Liz

Me too! Thanks!!

Encinitas on a hill 1.5 miles from the ocean.

I just ordered with no problem, I clicked on the white background part of the home page, where it says 'click here to order now'. One tiny issue, the stated price on the home page is $99 USD. The price at the point of sale is $119 USD. I assume that the extra is for the handling and shipping. Now if it would only arrive immediately !! :drool:

San Francisco, California

Daryl,

Yes, $99 is the price for the book itself, but we have to add shipping and handling. Postage is different for the USA as opposed to other countries, so that's why total price is $119 for the USA (and $136 for Canada/Mexico) and $143 for all other countries.

Bo-Göran

My order was processed without incident on Oct 3.

Fla. climate center: 100-119 days>85 F
USDA 1990 hardiness zone 9B
Current USDA hardiness zone 10a
4 km inland from Indian River; 27º N (equivalent to Brisbane)

Central Orlando's urban heat island may be warmer than us

Gene,

Well, as soon as you place your order your creditcard WILL be charged. I will check with Allen Press on Monday if I can find out a bit more about expected shipping dates.

Bo-Göran

• 1 month later...

Here is the error message:

" Variable qty_99 is undefined.

The error occurred in D:\www\usr\stansfeld\stansfeld-fairbrother\palms\cartbooks.cfm: line 598

596 : </tr>

597 : <cfoutput query="getcart">

598 : <cfset getcart.Qty = #evaluate('qty_' & productID)#>

599 : <cfset totalamount=totalamount + Qty*price>

600 : <tr>

"

• 1 month later...

Can you tell me when you will be sending the GP2? I made may payment some months ago. Thanks.

Fernando Roca A. - IPS member (Ceroxylon) (froca@pucp.edu.pe)

Malecon de la Reserva 981

Miraflores

Lima 18

PERU

Fernando,

I hope you had a good trip back to Peru from Hawaii. We really enjoyed your presentation! :)

I have contacted Allen Press, and they will hopefully send you an e-mail with more information.

Aloha,

Bo-Göran

• 1 month later...

I finally got around to ordering mine a few weeks ago. The price is such a good deal that I ordered three copies - not sure why, just couldn't resist. The two extra copies will probably show up at Louisiana Palm Society raffles in the future.

I didn't have any problems with the web site or delivery - the books arrived within a week.

I saw some of the pages at the Costa Rica biennial so I new the book would be top quality, but it is even better than I expected. I didn't get much work done the week after it arrived. I just spent hours looking at the pictures.

• 5 weeks later...

Bo, Just wondering if you could put us in contact with Allen Press, or pass the message on to them.... we ordered GP2 in the first half of December 08, and it hasn't arrived yet. We've allowed postage time to Australia, but thought it would have been here by now.

The order was to go to:

Bruce Golightly

87 Nielsen Avenue

Glenlee QLD 4711

Australia

Our email is allhabitats@gmail.com.

Any help you can give would be most appreciated.

Cheers, Kylie & Bruce

Kylie

Central Queensland, Australia

Practically on the Tropic of Capricorn - lots of heat and little rain

• 2 months later...

I hope I can buy this book the next month!... or before.

Sur de Mallorca (39º 58′ 0″ N) - Zona USDA 9b/10a