• Announcements

• IPS BIENNIAL - SARAWAK / SINGAPORE JUNE 12-19   01/23/2016

STILL TIME TO REGISTER!!
      Don't miss this opportunity to hike through natural forest areas of Borneo to see palms in habitat led by expert guides. Experience the culture and cuisine of this exotic Southeast Asian country with fellow IPS travelers.
      In Singapore you'll experience the world's largest covered garden, Gardens by the Bay, and tour the venerable Singapore Botanic Garden. 
      You must be an IPS member to register, so sign up today. For more information click HERE (For more info of past biennials and member experiences see the BIENNIAL FORUM on Palmtalk.)   One of the exotic palms of Borneo
    • NEW FORUM - PALMS IN POTS   01/23/2016

CHECK IT OUT BELOW I think it is self explanatory - it's right below the COLD HARDY PALMS FORUM.

Arenal Volcano

15 posts in this topic

While at the Arenal Volcano, Dean - El Moderator - and I discussed the possibility of taking several photos and combining them to form a panoramic shot. Here is my shot(s). Still needs a little tweaking, but it is going to be one of the photos that I will be printing for display at my house.

RainForestt Robert

Where's my photo?

This is a compressed version, full size on hard drive at work.

Final.jpg

Nice photo! Makes me wish I had a bigger screen to view the original.

Good job Robert,

I still need to try and get mine together.

I still enjoy every recollection of that trip!! :o

Awesome picture Robert! If you get some extra copies printed, I will buy one from you.

I climbed that bad boy--first volcano I ever climbed(didn't realize that wasn't thunder until I got above the clouds). The locals said I was lucky to have made it up and back down, without getting killed. :lol:

Ah, wonderful job on the panorama, and what a fantastic place! I was at Arenal for several days seven years ago and NEVER saw the top quarter of the mountain. However, those heavy clouds make for a happy climate. Living in California, I long to go back and breathe that moist, mild air again.

Rain Forestt Robert, ¡excelente foto!

Mandrew968, you were really lucky (and a little crazy :mrlooney: )!!! We've had quite a few casualties for doing what you did! Glad you make it safe!

Rylandus, sometimes that air is overly moist... on the sticky side

Rain Forestt Robert, ¡excelente foto!

Mandrew968, you were really lucky (and a little crazy :mrlooney: )!!! We've had quite a few casualties for doing what you did! Glad you make it safe!

Rylandus, sometimes that air is overly moist... on the sticky side

Yeah, it wasn't the smartest thing I've done, but worth it, for sure! There were more than a few times I thought about what might happen if i slipped on the loose volcanic rocks everywhere--glad I didn't and glad I got to see the beautiful Cyrtostachys renda in the center of the town of La Fortuna! Pura Vida :)

Wow that is really nice!

What a BEAUTY! Do let us know if you are willing to sell some of your photos when complete.

Karolyn

Nice panorama Robert a magical place to be sure.

It erupted when we were there and it took a high speed boat to keep us out of the ash cloud.

IMGP0702.jpg%20ips.jpg

IMGP0699.jpg%20ips.jpg%20ips.jpg

IMGP0704.jpg%20ips.jpg

Here is the giant lipstick Andrew refers too for good measure.

SANY0144.jpg%20lipstick.jpg

SANY0149.jpg%20lipstick.jpg

Closer