IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

flowering trees

Wai`anae Steve

Always looking for trees that flower. I could probably find something to swap.

Wai`anae Steve-------www.waianaecrider.com
Living in Paradise, Leeward O`ahu, Hawai`i, USA
Temperature range yearly from say 95 to 62 degrees F
Only 3 hurricanes in the past 51 years and no damage. No floods where I am, No tornados, No earthquakes
No moles, squirrels, chipmunks, deer, etc. Just the neighbors "wild" chickens

Anything in particular/types you are looking for?

Not really, just something w/flowers and something that might grow to shade palms in the next 10 years.

I have nothing right now to exchange but should have some palm seeds in a few months.

Only 3 hurricanes in the past 51 years and no damage. No floods where I am, No tornados, No earthquakes

Are you looking for tropical trees???

Adolfo García C.,

Interested in collecting Geonoma palms!

Alajuela, Costa Rica.

Are you looking for tropical trees???

Any tree that dosent need a freeze to survive would be nice.

Have you tried Metrosideros excelsa, or the Pohutukawa? Quite slow growing, but beautiful when in flower.

Nelson, NEW ZEALAND

Sheltered micro-climate

Min -2C, Max 34C

Latitude 41 Degrees South

Warm temperate climate, with over 2500 hours of sunshine per year.

Steve,

What kind of flowering tree do you like? Cassia? Tabebuia? Lagerstroemia (I can't spell this one)? or Bauhinia? I am sure you can find some seeds from trees growing in Hawaii somewhere. They are all very easy to grow from seeds, easier than palms... :winkie: . I gave away most of my seeds recently.. so I have to do some collecting around town when and after all the trees are flowering, which is going to be next year. Dry season here at the moment. I will keep you in mind, when I have any.

Regards, Ari :)

Ari & Scott

Darwin, NT, Australia

-12°32'53" 131°10'20"

Have you tried Metrosideros excelsa, or the Pohutukawa? Quite slow growing, but beautiful when in flower.

NIce looking tree. Now how do I get seeds?

Steve,

What kind of flowering tree do you like? Cassia? Tabebuia? Lagerstroemia (I can't spell this one)? or Bauhinia? I am sure you can find some seeds from trees growing in Hawaii somewhere. They are all very easy to grow from seeds, easier than palms... :winkie: . I gave away most of my seeds recently.. so I have to do some collecting around town when and after all the trees are flowering, which is going to be next year. Dry season here at the moment. I will keep you in mind, when I have any.

Regards, Ari :)

Ari,

Looking for anything w/out thorns. I now have 3 tabebuias each w/a different shade of purple/pink. I'm always picking up seeds in the forest but most of them are not flowering trees. Thanks for the thoughts.

Steve