IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

IPS Board of Directors

Lefty

Friday evening, assembling the name tags; Back Row Standing: (Supervisors) Paul Craft, Leland Lai, Larry Noblick; Around the Table: Grant Lee Stephenson, Liz Cain, John DeMott, Jim Cain and Jerry Behan

post-1325-1212292352_thumb.jpg

Saturday (all day) at the BoD meeting. I can name most of these. From left to right: Larry Noblick, Bo-Goran Lundkvist (Incoming President), Faith Bishock, Christie Jones, Sue Rowlands, John DeMott, Toby Spanner, Grant Lee Stephenson, Leland Lai, Dean Ouer (the Mod), Jim Cain, Norm Bezona (I think) , Ray Hernandez, Horace Hobbs, John Rees, Lyle Arnold, Tom Jackson (away from the table), Scott Zona, Paul Craft (Outgoing President, partially hidden by Scott Zona), John Dransfield. Whew!

post-1325-1212292390_thumb.jpg

Ok, from left to right; Don Martin, Randy Moore, Haresh, Kathryn Ostadal, Larry Noblick, Bo-Goran Lundkvist (Incoming President), Faith Bishock, Christie Jones, Sue Rowlands, John DeMott, Toby Spanner, Grant Lee Stephenson

post-1325-1212292417_thumb.jpg

Ok, from left to right; Jim Cain, Leland Lai, Norm Bezona (I think) , Ray Hernandez, Horace Hobbs, Tom Jackson, John Rees, Lyle Arnold, Paul Craft, Scott Zona, John Dransfield, Jeanne Price, Philip Arrowsmith, Fernando Roca

post-1325-1212292453_thumb.jpg

Mingling after the BoD meeting, from left to right; sitting in front, Paul Craft, Patty Craft, the back of Ray Hernandez' head. Standing from left to right; Pedro (ok, I have no idea), Grant Lee Stephenson, Randy Moore, Lyle Arnold, John Dransfield, Jeanne Price, Christie Jones, the back of Sue Rowlands, Turk Rowlands.

post-1325-1212292494_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Larry Davis

Time flies like an arrow,

But fruit flies like a banana

But wait! There's more :drool:

At the Opening Dinner Saturday evening: Faith Bishock, Jeff Searle, Christie Jones.

post-1325-1212295528_thumb.jpg

Kathryn Ostadal and Craig Morgan

post-1325-1212295638_thumb.jpg

Tom Jackson and Kathy Grant (both life savers I might add), and the lovely Faith Bishock

post-1325-1212295766_thumb.jpg

Andrea Searle (Matriarch of BUS#4!!), Jeff Searle and Ron Kiefert

post-1325-1212295966_thumb.jpg

The opening remarks by Leland Lai

post-1325-1212296140_thumb.jpg

After dinner conversation; Grant Lee Stephenson (this guy's like a dirty penny, you just can't get rid of him - actually it was wonderful to meet Grant), Ryan Gallivan, BS Man About Palms, Kathryn Ostadal, Darold Petty, Craig Morgan, the back of Jeff Searle, and last but certainly not least is the Palm Talk moderator Dean Ouer.

post-1325-1212296335_thumb.jpg

This thread brought to you by the following important sponsors:

post-1325-1212297606_thumb.jpg

Larry Davis

Larry-

One of the guys you can't remember is Don Martin.

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

Dear Larry Davis :)

thanks for the introduction of all the ips directors to us...and the 16:9 wide angle view of the stills are really very panaromic !

thanks & love,

Kris :)

love conquers all..

43278.gif

I forgot about the banner! Here is what it looks like today:

I had no idea the biennial was memorialized on the banner. I think that's great, but I now I feel left out! :(

Larry Davis

I forgot about the banner! Here is what it looks like today:

I had no idea the biennial was memorialized on the banner. I think that's great, but I now I feel left out! :(

Larry,

You were a "newbie' at this biennial. For the next one in Brazil, you'll have to learn some of the "tricks of the trade", and you will. :)

Jeff

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

I managed to get my John Hancock on that banner. Is it at your place now, Kathryn?

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

Hello Lefty; thanks for posting these photos. I can help with a few names. Post # 1,picture # 3 is Don Martin, editor of the Southern Calif. Palm Journal (sitting next to Randy Moore). Post # 1,picture # 4, to the right of John Dransfield is Jeanne Price from OZ (not Eleana) , then unknown, then Fernando Roca from Peru.

Post # 2, picture # 6... "I'm not sure" ... c'est moi ! :mrlooney:

San Francisco, California

Post #1, picture #4 between Jeanne Price and Fernando Roca is Philip Arrowsmith, new IPS Director from Australia.

Leilani Estates, 25 mls/40 km south of Hilo, Big Island of Hawai'i. Elevation 880 ft/270 m. Average rainfall 140 inches/3550 mm

Everyone: Thanks so much for filing in the correct names; I have made the changes as suggested. There is still one gentleman, sitting between John Rees and Paul Craft at the BoD meeting, who's name escapes me. I think he is from California and there was beautiful woman accompanying him, but I can't remember his name.

p.s. I know this is probably not the most interesting thread, but I thought it was important to see the BoD in action.

Larry Davis

The gentleman with the white moustache is Lyle Arnold.

Kim Cyr

Between the beach and the bays, Point Loma, San Diego, California USA
and on a 300 year-old lava flow, Pahoa, Hawaii, 1/4 mile from the 2018 flow
All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

The gentleman with the white moustache is Lyle Arnold.

Kim: Thank you. Hopefully I have all the names correct now. If not, let me know and I'll keep trying.

Larry Davis

Larry, I looked at the pic you mentioned, and it looks like Lyle "Chip" Arnold between John and Paul.

Bill

Oops, thats what I get for letting threads get "stale" before reading and posting.

This was my first Biennial and I'm hooked! I noticed the banner spread out on a large table in the Doubletree lobby after the conference ended, so I took that opportunity to sign it. I can see my signature (under the twin palm logo for Redland Nursery) in the nice banner photo in Post #5.

Dan on Big Island

Dan on the Big Island of Hawai'i / Dani en la Isla Grande de Hawai

Events Photographer roving paparazzi "konadanni"

Master Gardener, University of Hawai’i College of Tropical Agriculture and Human Resources

Certified Arborist, International Society of Arboriculture

LinkedIn & email: konadanni@gmail.com / Facebook & Twitter & Google Plus: DanTom BigIsland