IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Pre-Biennial Trip to Corcovado

Jeff Searle

After we came back from a hot hike in the park, we all decided to jump in the pool to cool down. Within about 30 minutes, the skies opened up and it began to pour down on us.

Jeff

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

After we came back from a hot hike in the park, we all decided to jump in the pool to cool down. Within about 30 minutes, the skies opened up and it began to pour down on us.

Jeff

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

OK...lets try this again. Sorry.

post-23-1212598848_thumb.jpg

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

Now, before the rains had come, Andrea and I along with our french friends all had ordered some drinks. When it was time for the waiter to bring them, it was pouring down rain ,but they insisted on bringing them over to us. Great guys, and went out of their way to please us.

Jeff

post-23-1212599086_thumb.jpg

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

Here's the waiters with one of the drinks that spilled when they sat it down on the table.

Jeff

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

Here's the waiters with one of the drinks that spilled when they sat it down on the table.

Jeff

post-23-1212599363_thumb.jpg

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

And here he is returning with the new drink. We all couldn't believe that he would go back and make a fresh drink for us in the rain. Needless to say, I left him a good tip.

post-23-1212599534_thumb.jpg

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

The last picture showing us getting ready to board our boat for our journey back to the airport. Casa Corcovado was a beautiful lodge to stay at and I would go back anytime. The rooms were nice, and the food and service was excellent.

Jeff

post-23-1212599738_thumb.jpg

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

Great photo log Jeff! I really enjoyed it!!

Dave Hughson

Carlsbad, Ca

1 mile from ocean

Zone 10b

Palm freaks are good peeps!!!!!

Fun to see your photos, Jeff, looks like you saw some interesting things and had a great time. I agree it's a beautiful lodge, the service is great, and the remote location makes it an adventure.

Kim Cyr

Between the beach and the bays, Point Loma, San Diego, California USA
and on a 300 year-old lava flow, Pahoa, Hawaii, 1/4 mile from the 2018 flow
All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Aloha Jeff,

Regarding Post #40: I think our post-Biennial Corcovado tour group passed by this same toothy fellow – he was laying next to the river bank just below the swimming hole, near the waterfall we had just hiked to. Our Corcovado Jungle Lodge tour guide Alberto scouted the swimming hole out before I went swimming to be sure the area was momentarily croc-free, and Alberto also showed me the best places to climb onto the rocky ledge under the falling river water so the rushing water would give me a vigorous shower.

Dan on Big Island

Dan on the Big Island of Hawai'i / Dani en la Isla Grande de Hawai

Events Photographer roving paparazzi "konadanni"

Master Gardener, University of Hawai’i College of Tropical Agriculture and Human Resources

Certified Arborist, International Society of Arboriculture

LinkedIn & email: konadanni@gmail.com / Facebook & Twitter & Google Plus: DanTom BigIsland

Dan,

Regardless of what the guide said I would not risk swimming where crocodiles reside. Dan, You're the man.

Robert

Trinidad!  Southernmost island in the Caribbean.

So many plants, So little space.

Thanks Jeff for sharing these photos of Corcovado - wished we'd of had time to go there too - next trip to C.R. for sure! Instead we chose Quepos and Manuel Antonio where we had a fantastic time with Jeff Anderson as host & guide.

Hawaii Island (Big Island), leeward coast, 19 degrees N. latitude, south Kona mauka at approx. 380m (1,250 ft.) and about 1.6 km (1-mile) upslope from ocean.

No record of a hurricane passing over this island (yet!).  

Summer maximum rainfall - variable averaging 900-1150mm (35-45") - Perfect drainage on black volcanic rocky soil.  

Nice sunsets!

• 5 months later...

Awesome-

Looks like you had a great time!!

Thanks for posting your pics!!

Wendi

"I am the Lorax, I speak for the trees!"-Dr. Seuss :P

north central east coast of Florida

halfway between Daytona and St. Augustine

15 mi inland

• 2 weeks later...
Awesome-

Looks like you had a great time!!

Thanks for posting your pics!!

Hi Wendi,

Thanks and it's been awhile since you've been around. We miss you. Hope you pop in more often.

Jeff

Southwest Ranches,Fl.