IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Zip line

putu enjula

I didn't realize there were so many activities on the Biennial. Do you identify palms when you're on the zip line, or was is just a thrill ride?

I didn't realize there were so many activities on the Biennial. Do you identify palms when you're on the zip line, or was is just a thrill ride?

Depends on how fast you are!! :lol:

But seriously we did check out palms while we were standing on the platform.

********Angela**********

Kailua_Kona.gif

Kailua_Kona.gif

Check out Palmpedia

Leland and his lovely wife Shirley... laughing at how silly we all looked...

post-1234-1211055719_thumb.jpg

********Angela**********

Kailua_Kona.gif

Kailua_Kona.gif

Check out Palmpedia

First pic: one of the employees demonstrating what was in store for us...

Second: Cindy zipping through the trees

post-1234-1211055968_thumb.jpg

post-1234-1211056188_thumb.jpg

********Angela**********

Kailua_Kona.gif

Kailua_Kona.gif

Check out Palmpedia

Great shots, Angela! That last one certainly gives a sense of adrenalin! :o

Looks like everybody had a great time! (I stayed at the hotel and had a nice relaxed day....). Did everybody get to ride just once? And for how long did the ride last?

Leilani Estates, 25 mls/40 km south of Hilo, Big Island of Hawai'i. Elevation 880 ft/270 m. Average rainfall 140 inches/3550 mm

Looks like everybody had a great time! (I stayed at the hotel and had a nice relaxed day....). Did everybody get to ride just once? And for how long did the ride last?

There were nine zip lines... The actual time on the line was maybe 5 seconds but you have to wait for your turn. Even waiting your turn was fun because we were up high on a platform and it was a great view... of course there were palms. It was a little windy and we were on a platform that was attached to a big tree... you could feel it sway... it was cool!

********Angela**********

Kailua_Kona.gif

Kailua_Kona.gif

Check out Palmpedia

5 seconds!!?? Wow, that's quick...not much time to enjoy the forest! So, did everybody get to ride all of the nine different zip lines?

Leilani Estates, 25 mls/40 km south of Hilo, Big Island of Hawai'i. Elevation 880 ft/270 m. Average rainfall 140 inches/3550 mm

5 seconds!!?? Wow, that's quick...not much time to enjoy the forest! So, did everybody get to ride all of the nine different zip lines?

Well... 5 seconds was my guesstimation... We spent about an hour or so in the forest... we even saw a poison dart frog. It was set up like a trail of zip lines through the forest... but the last and longest line was back by the restaurant.

********Angela**********

Kailua_Kona.gif

Kailua_Kona.gif

Check out Palmpedia

• 2 weeks later...