IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

A tricky palm ID?

cfkingfish

Any guesses on this palm?  :cool:

Palmforguessing.jpg

Christian Faulkner

Venice, Florida - South Sarasota County.

www.faulknerspalms.com

Μολὼν λάβε

With its leaf textures it sort of resembles a Chamaedorea. Is it possible to get a photo of its leaf bases and petioles?

Ryan

South Florida

Ryan, here is an angle for the petioles. One of the petioles hide the heel of the palm.

Palmguessing2.jpg

Christian Faulkner

www.faulknerspalms.com

Μολὼν λάβε

Marojejya insignis ??

• Upvote 1

Millbrook, "Kinjarling" Noongar word meaning "Place of Rain", Rainbow Coast, Western Australia 35S. Warm temperate. Csb Koeppen Climate classification. Cool nights all year round.

Ahhhh....a rare beauty. I will agree with Tyrone, looks exactly like Marojejy insignis.

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

Jeff and Tyrone-

This is apparently Marojejya "Barinitsu". Have anyone come across the plant, and if so, would you agree this is one of them?

Christian Faulkner

www.faulknerspalms.com

Μολὼν λάβε

• 10 years later...

Hey guys, this is an old thread, but I never did figure out if this were something other that a variation of M. insignis. This picture is from Tri Vuong's old house, thinking about the house and all the beautiful palms brings back from great memories. I asked Jeff Marcus about it and he said something but its been 10 years since we discussed it. 

Christian Faulkner

www.faulknerspalms.com

Μολὼν λάβε

Any updated pictures Christian? :)

that is such a rare beauty

Carlsbad, California Zone 10 B on the hill (402 ft. elevation)

Sunset zone 24

Sadly, Tri passed away several years ago. Maybe Christian knows the current whereabouts, but not likely.

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

Christian , I think Tri got this from me many years ago! I had several! Traded a couple with Mardy. It looked similar to insignis but seemed different as well. I heard rumor at the time it was to be a third Marojeya! Heard it was smaller in size! 

• Upvote 2