• Announcements

• IPS BIENNIAL - SARAWAK / SINGAPORE JUNE 12-19   01/23/2016

STILL TIME TO REGISTER!!
      Don't miss this opportunity to hike through natural forest areas of Borneo to see palms in habitat led by expert guides. Experience the culture and cuisine of this exotic Southeast Asian country with fellow IPS travelers.
      In Singapore you'll experience the world's largest covered garden, Gardens by the Bay, and tour the venerable Singapore Botanic Garden. 
      You must be an IPS member to register, so sign up today. For more information click HERE (For more info of past biennials and member experiences see the BIENNIAL FORUM on Palmtalk.)   One of the exotic palms of Borneo
    • NEW FORUM - PALMS IN POTS   01/23/2016

CHECK IT OUT BELOW I think it is self explanatory - it's right below the COLD HARDY PALMS FORUM.

Embarrassing (or fun) Moments

67 posts in this topic

"Embarrassing" may not be right word because that implies that the person in question would be embarrassed. For our initial post, with the wild BS in motion, perhaps "proud" would be a better description.

In the middle of the large spa (Jacuzzi) was a raised platform that resembled a small stage like those in a strip joint (I was told :rolleyes: ). BS decided to give us a show. Putu Enjula was across the pool with her telephoto, but something tells me Bill wouldn't have minded a few close ups. Too bad the stills don't capture the hip motion in the first shot.

post-11-1210527134_thumb.jpg

post-11-1210527162_thumb.jpg

post-11-1210527172_thumb.jpg

Some will go to extremes to get a good shot. Ron Gates wanted a pic of this large tree, and didn't even check for any of the several ant species that cover the rain forest floor.

post-11-1210528794_thumb.jpg

The Blowout

post-1325-1210533654_thumb.jpg

post-1325-1210533681_thumb.jpg

Mas cerveza, por favor!

post-1325-1210534877_thumb.jpg

Woo Hoo!

Please notice the palm centerpiece, courtesy of Carlo Morici, I believe.

post-1325-1210535773_thumb.jpg

A Couple of Real Tree Huggers!

post-1325-1210538453_thumb.jpg

The Blowout

Well it's nice to see Ryan lending a helping hand! :lol:

Great photos, looks like everyone is having a fantastic time. I think a few of our IPS brothers need to pump some iron, or pull more weeds (Bill).

Gary

The Pole Dancing Cow

post-1325-1210544799_thumb.jpg

post-1325-1210544819_thumb.jpg

Lefty,

Perhaps there should be some forum guidelines pertaining to titilating bovine pics. But since no one had the forethought, I guess I have to let those ride. :)

WOW BS man let loose. I wonder how crazy that would get if he had the rest of his SOCAL posse with him :P

I am awaiting the snarky comments on this picture--- this should be good :mrlooney:

Great photos, looks like everyone is having a fantastic time. I think a few of our IPS brothers need to pump some iron, or pull more weeds (Bill).

Gary

Hey, at least I don't have any Man Boobs. (yet) :huh:

Classic shots guys!!! Ha haaaaaaa!!!

That's what happens when you let the BS Man loose in the tropics!!!! And he dosen't even drink! Unless someone spiked his Dr. Pepper.

WOW BS man let loose. I wonder how crazy that would get if he had the rest of his SOCAL posse with him :P

I am awaiting the snarky comments on this picture--- this should be good :mrlooney:

They're just a little pasty and sagging. :mrlooney:

Dean - That's what you get by setting the bar for this thread with initial pics of BS Man "entertaining". :mrlooney:

Bill - I hope there were ladies in that audience that you were entertaining... :hmm:

Edited by joe_OC

In Bill's case I think El Blanco going to have give up his nickname, god your white.

He's almost transparent.

Woo Hoo!

Whoa,

This is way too many drinking people in a small pool at one time. Chlorine can only work so fast you know,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

post-1207-1210641283_thumb.jpg

Woo Hoo!

Whoa,

This is way too many people drinking people in a small pool at one time. Chlorine can only work so fast you know,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

You are right Keith, where is the no _ee in the _ool sign :huh:

This is how we REALLY looked when they let us loose in the rain forest!!

post-27-1210644790_thumb.jpg

LEFTY!!!

Its good to see you have joined us and took some time off from your bus driving activities! :bemused:

post-27-1210645069_thumb.jpg

It was a good thing we had Larry there to help change the tire!

post-158-1210647272_thumb.jpg

I'm just sitting here in front of my computer laughing hard. Larrys great! (Lefty)

Geez! Talk about white legs! This is embarrassing! :(

I gotta get out more often.

Whew! For a minute I was concerned that my man-boobs were showing in that hot tub photo. Luckily they are hidden from view. :unsure: This is a family friendly forum after all!

Did anyone mention Bus 4's flat tire occurred in front of a BAR! :violin:

It takes quite a bit of energy to both enjoy the Biennial and moderate the Forum via laptop. Dean managed to sleep through the tire blowout and the other noise we were making on Bus #4. :rolleyes:

2008-05-07_16-25-37.jpg

Keith in Zone 9 Posted Today, 01:10 PM

Did anyone mention Bus 4's flat tire occurred in front of a BAR! violin.gif

Yes, it was very ironic, like it came right out of a movie. The bar employees had a surprised, yet wry smile on their faces.

Ryan

Ryan,

Great shot! :lol:

Bo-Göran

And about the tire blow-out - well, that's not exactly the whole truth. The tire blew out in the middle of nowhere and then we drove for another 6-7 miles until we arrived at that little village and the bar and THEN we stopped right there. What a coincidence...! :mrlooney:

The tire blew out in the middle of nowhere and then we drove for another 6-7 miles until we arrived at that little village and the bar and THEN we stopped right there.

Don Juan knew how to keep Bus 4 happy!

Just in case no one got any video of the zip line activity from post #21 I'll post this movie of my wife doing it. She was in Costa Rica earlier this year. I've been sending her some pics from the biennial and she recognizes some of the places like the hanging bridges, the volcano, etc....

th_pic320.jpg

It takes quite a bit of energy to both enjoy the Biennial and moderate the Forum via laptop. Dean managed to sleep through the tire blowout and the other noise we were making on Bus #4. :rolleyes:

Ryan

Ryan,

It appears as if I may have been a little easier to get in focus than some of the action shots. :winkie:

This was a fun moment that could have been embarrassing, but luckily Bill stayed on the log.

post-158-1210961822_thumb.jpg

Here is half of the Louisiana group - Joe and Cindy Baucum and Jayanne Crawley. I could find Rod Gates, but I didn't think about looking under trees.

post-158-1210962939_thumb.jpg

Here are Dave and Geri Prall on our horseback riding trip.

post-158-1210963051_thumb.jpg

Here is a species commonly seen on the forest floor - Palmnutus scavengerensis.

post-158-1210964603_thumb.jpg

The tire blew out in the middle of nowhere and then we drove for another 6-7 miles until we arrived at that little village and the bar and THEN we stopped right there.

Yes he did and was very good at it!!!

Judy #1 !! Is that you?? If so, see you soon!

BS Man

For Paul and Matty..... :innocent:

post-27-1210987456_thumb.jpg